Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami given permission to talk to Albert
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikek163

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1- We have one of the best cap guys in the league

Advantage us.

That is all we need.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpinsky33 wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:
Ok, I just from how I understand it am getting more and more fearful of would we actually get a third for losing Albert.

I'm really hoping the Chiefs are ticked at the Dolphins and tell them the price for Albert went up. Sure they can trade up to secure Watson, but let's be realistic, Watson won't be near the player BA is. I tell the Dolphins the price for Albert is #54 and a 2014 3rd round pick that can turn into a 2nd round pick if Albert plays in over 16 games. If not then they can enjoy watching their line help pick Tannihill up off the turf.

I like the way you think. A 14R3 is probably too much, but a second pick is in order or a round swap at least.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Diesel2692 wrote:
Sounds good doesn't it lol. Yeah these idiot dolphins fans who keep coming here with the idea we HAVE to trade albert kill me. Laughing

there's no need to call them idiots, but I agree we absolutely don't have to trade Albert

I never said KC needed to trade Albert I said it would make more sense if they did...

In fact keep Albert...I'm sure it will help out a lot. I only trying to explain why some think the Dolphins have the leverage in this scenario.

When it resorts to name calling and the anger I see by some Chiefs fans (not all) i realize it is time to move on. I apologize to any of you I seem to have offended by offering an opinion on the two team situations. What ever happen, happens and good luck on the season.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Diesel2692 wrote:
Sounds good doesn't it lol. Yeah these idiot dolphins fans who keep coming here with the idea we HAVE to trade albert kill me. :lol:

there's no need to call them idiots, but I agree we absolutely don't have to trade Albert

I never said KC needed to trade Albert I said it would make more sense if they did...

In fact keep Albert...I'm sure it will help out a lot. I only trying to explain why some think the Dolphins have the leverage in this scenario.

When it resorts to name calling and the anger I see by some Chiefs fans (not all) i realize it is time to move on. I apologize to any of you I seem to have offended by offering an opinion on the two team situations. What ever happen, happens and good luck on the season.

I'm sorry if my post came off as angry. I repsect your opinion, and if the roles were reversed I would be thinking the same thing that you did. Teams get caught-up in their own bubble and it makes it hard to see the other side of the story.
Sephyre_Aus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The day after Miami Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland said trade talks for left tackle Branden Albert went “nowhere,” Kansas City Chiefs GM John Dorsey told reporters just after 2 p.m. Friday that he was about to resume negotiations with Miami.

From here:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/04/26/3366592/chiefs-gm-says-hes-resuming-talks.html
Mongo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we lost the pee pee contest. Now what? Do we still trade him?
simonwayne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd trade him for a 3rd but it looks like we are just going to keep him for a 1 year rental. If so, then I'm not a fan. I think he'll be a distraction and I'd rather just start Fisher off at LT. Heck, Fisher may come in and be a better LT than Albert but since Albert refuses to play RT it wont even matter.
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:

Unless it involves a next year 1st or 2nd, then no. We are basically guaranteed a 3rd round comp pick if we let him walk next year.

Props to LOTO on the sig.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da_Zou13 wrote:
Mongo wrote:

Unless it involves a next year 1st or 2nd, then no. We are basically guaranteed a 3rd round comp pick if we let him walk next year.

Not necessarily. He'll definitely get a big enough contract to warrant a 3rd round comp pick, but the question of whether we sign another tackle will ultimately determine whether we get compensated or not.

Personally, I see him being moved a few weeks into the season for a 2014 pick once a team with playoff aspirations has their LT go onto IR for the season. Then again, the new IR rules might prevent us from having leverage in that situation, too. We'll see, I guess.

Generally speaking, though, I agree with your point.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, well it appears the trade for Brandon Albert is not going to happen; at least for this years compensation. There still is next years draft compensation. I learned from past experiences with the Trent Green situation, not to discuss trade compensation in this forum... Laughing But I will say both teams have reason to make the trade happen. While Brandon Albert certainly is worth a second round pick, I think his asking price may have soured things some what. I do not fault KC for that. Maybe Albert did not want to be in Miami. Who knows? But I will say KC has a potential combustable situation with Albert if they do not move him before the season starts (assuming they make him play RT).

Bottomline, there are still teams in need of a LT. Miami is not the only player, although the media will let us believe that is the case. It just makes too much sense for both sides that no trade has occured. I believe it will still happen. Whether that is trading one of their 4th's and conditional pick next year or giving up a 2 next year, I still believe a trade will happen. If KC is smart, they will ride it out into training camp and then trade him.
Mongo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Hey guys, well it appears the trade for Brandon Albert is not going to happen; at least for this years compensation. There still is next years draft compensation. I learned from past experiences with the Trent Green situation, not to discuss trade compensation in this forum... Laughing But I will say both teams have reason to make the trade happen. While Brandon Albert certainly is worth a second round pick, I think his asking price may have soured things some what. I do not fault KC for that. Maybe Albert did not want to be in Miami. Who knows? But I will say KC has a potential combustable situation with Albert if they do not move him before the season starts (assuming they make him play RT).

Bottomline, there are still teams in need of a LT. Miami is not the only player, although the media will let us believe that is the case. It just makes too much sense for both sides that no trade has occured. I believe it will still happen. Whether that is trading one of their 4th's and conditional pick next year or giving up a 2 next year, I still believe a trade will happen. If KC is smart, they will ride it out into training camp and then trade him.

Agreed. A conditional R2 might be in order given Albert's back troubles last year.

It was very frustrating watching R2 and continually saying, "Damn we could have had him." BTW: Nice pickup in Jamar Taylor.
bpinsky33

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Hey guys, well it appears the trade for Brandon Albert is not going to happen; at least for this years compensation. There still is next years draft compensation. I learned from past experiences with the Trent Green situation, not to discuss trade compensation in this forum... :lol: But I will say both teams have reason to make the trade happen. While Brandon Albert certainly is worth a second round pick, I think his asking price may have soured things some what. I do not fault KC for that. Maybe Albert did not want to be in Miami. Who knows? But I will say KC has a potential combustable situation with Albert if they do not move him before the season starts (assuming they make him play RT).

I think the Chiefs would like to try and keep Albert...if he prices himself reasonably. I think BA believes that if he was a free agent, then he would have made a lot of money. The problem is NO OTs made a lot of money this offseason.

Scott Pioli said something on the NFL network a couple of days ago that I thought was interesting. When discussing the trade Casserly said pick compensation and contracts could get worked out quickly (the physical was going to be the hold-up). Scott said, "Not it won't, if it were then I would have..." He was cut off . But this tells me that the Chiefs were trying to resign Brandon before the season ended and that he was always going to be difficult to resign.

Dorsey said today that the Dolphins are the only team to ask the Chiefs about Albert. If I were the Chiefs I hold onto Albert. Sure we just drafted Fisher, but OTs are not sure things, just ask the Raiders and Rams.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only reason I'm mad we didn't trade Albert is cause we could have had Arthur Brown. Other than that, I'm happy to have him here.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm going to be really interested to see how this whole situation plays out. Trading him early or during the season unless he's holding out might actually hurt our team, because it means Fisher will be playing a different position.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
the only reason I'm mad we didn't trade Albert is cause we could have had Arthur Brown. Other than that, I'm happy to have him here.

Imagine Arthur Brown and Jordy Nelson both as Raiders.

Then you have my fml story.

Moral of the story? Be happy he's not a Raider. Evil or Very Mad

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: