Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Round 3, Pick 94 - Brandon Williams
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to point out that a situational 3-man line of Ngata/Cody/Williams is a legitimate possibility. That's kind of scary (if Cody regains his 2011-2012 form). Then there's still the 4 other quality DL on the roster in Jones, McPhee, Canty, and Spears. Tyson is hanging in there too.

The more I chew on it the more I like the pick of Brandon Williams over Jesse Williams. Like others have stated in the other thread there has to be something negative we don't know about Jesse since Ozzie passed on him but still took a guy at the same position. Even without that though I think Brandon has more upside. If he's going to be playing NT then I think he fits what seems to be Pees' system better too as a guy on the inside that can do more than just take on blocks. Jesse can shed them and collapse the pocket too but Williams is a better physical specimen in my opinion.

Taking a NT still wasn't my favorite thing in the world but Williams was a pretty good value and he's versatile.
dcfields

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the "State of the Ravens" address after the season, Ozzie stated that he wanted to improve the defense up the middle. I would say Mission Accomplished. Obviously, their will be a learning curve for these 3 guys coming into the league but they all play like a Raven. I'm not sure what K State is running lately but Bill Snyder used to run a 3-3-5 Wildcat defense. His LBs were hybrid inside/outside guys so I'm thinking Brown will move inside with us. Elam is intense. Love these two picks (especially Brown). I watched Williams' Senior Bowl video and it looks like he needs some technique work but he's explosive. Clarence Brooks is a great line coach. He'll get Wms. where he needs to be. Now, maybe we can address the offensive side of the ball. Great value picks thus far. In Ozzie We Trust!
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIpo1xF7IhI

That's pretty impressive.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, but looking at Brandon Williams is like looking at Vince Wilfork- he's just built in that same mold... hopefully his game takes after Wilfork's as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Is it just me, but looking at Brandon Williams is like looking at Vince Wilfork- he's just built in that same mold... hopefully his game takes after Wilfork's as well.

I was thinking that. A NT with strong interior pass rush skills, and deceptive speed and athleticism. Him alongside Ngata could be a scary prospect. Especially with Dumervil and Suggs either side. A lot of QBs will be having sleepless nights before playing the Ravens.

If he's half the player Wilfork is, he'll have been more than worth a 3rd round pick.

Though I'll bet Wilfork can't walk on his hands.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: