Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Friday NFL Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OwNaGe wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Also, random comment....after reading some thoughts on the Hunter trade up....

People saying we got raped or robbed or whatever.....

We switched 2's and basically gave up a 3rd. 7th rounder is just a gratuity tip.lol

Also, what good does it do to have 14 picks in a draft if you don't use it wisely. People praise the Patriots and now the 49ers for how they "play the draft" well, the Patriots haven't really translated that into good stuff on the field all the time.

Some of their best picks have been when they actually made a pick, not trade around...

Niners I will give them credit for their talent evaluation, but Patriots not so much. Not about how many picks you have, but how you effectively use them.

If Hunter tears it up, people will say "Man they only had to spend a 3rd to go up and get the next Moss....or whatever"

#End rant

I got another rant to give too

WHAT IS UP WITH ESPN ALWAYS GOING TO BREAK WHEN WE PICK!??!?! They did it in the first round this year. They did it in the first last year and the 2nd last year.

Second, why do we get no love on this board? Everytime they ask who did good, we are never up there. SMH I think we draft good.

I think some of it is that we don't have a reputation of a good drafting team. But ever since Reiny, Ruston, Munchack we have been hands down one of the best drafting teams in the league. Fairly easy to see if you look back at past drafts.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

We switched 2's and basically gave up a 3rd. 7th rounder is just a gratuity tip.lol

Also, what good does it do to have 14 picks in a draft if you don't use it wisely. People praise the Patriots and now the 49ers for how they "play the draft" well, the Patriots haven't really translated that into good stuff on the field all the time.

Some of their best picks have been when they actually made a pick, not trade around...

Niners I will give them credit for their talent evaluation, but Patriots not so much. Not about how many picks you have, but how you effectively use them.

If Hunter tears it up, people will say "Man they only had to spend a 3rd to go up and get the next Moss....or whatever"

#End rant

And you always hear how next year picks are valued a round later making it a fourth and our seventh on the infamous chart.

My initial reaction was to not like the trade, but Webster said they had a first round grade on him and that there were people in the war room last night campaigning for a trade back into the first to get him. You probably couldn't trust a lot of teams with comments like this, but since Munch and Ruston have taken over, I don't think they have told a single lie. Lol. They are very straight forward about things. So if that was how our board looked it really was a no brainer trade from our perspective.

We swapped spots. Which was only 6 spots. And gave up a 3rd rounder next year. We already have two 7ths this year and with our additions in the off-season, they probably figured that 7th round pick wasn't going to make the roster anyway.

So again, I think it was a good trade.
coleman51

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
OwNaGe wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

#End rant

I got another rant to give too

WHAT IS UP WITH ESPN ALWAYS GOING TO BREAK WHEN WE PICK!??!?! They did it in the first round this year. They did it in the first last year and the 2nd last year.

Second, why do we get no love on this board? Everytime they ask who did good, we are never up there. SMH I think we draft good.

I think some of it is that we don't have a reputation of a good drafting team. But ever since Reiny, Ruston, Munchack we have been hands down one of the best drafting teams in the league. Fairly easy to see if you look back at past drafts.

We're small market. They have to have 5 minute segments on every hour to recap the Jets picks. It's pathetic. Then Mathieu gets picked, granted he's a "story", but BW Wilson got robbed of his TV time on ESPN. I switched to NFLNetwork because they actually spoke of the pick when it occurred. But NFL Network is just as bad about the Jets getting their TV time over and over.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: