Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphan's Draft Series: Dallas Thomas (No pics)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Dolphan's Draft Series: Dallas Thomas (No pics) Reply with quote

Dallas Thomas LG/LT, Tennessee

Pick Analysis: Thomas was selected in the third round, I had him graded as a 4th rounder. After further analysis I think he is a 2nd round prospect as an OG, and a 3rd round prospect as a LT.

Scouting Report
As a LG: Thomas is one of the better OG in the draft. He played in a zone scheme at Tennessee and displayed excellent pulling ability. As a LG I watched him consistently succeed against Alabama, Georgia and Florida. Is solid in the screen game, but doesn't latch on to blocks down field and tends to lunge a little bit. It's very correctable.

As a LT: He isn't elite. But he has quick feet. I think he could be a successful LT in the NFL but he needs work on his anchor. Not sure if he necessarily lacks strength on his lower body, but he just isn't fundamentally sound.

Vision in the scheme: Ireland sees him starting on the left side, he said. Me? I see him as a LG and a good one at that. I would understand trying him at LT, though.

I'm not going to bore you with OL film breakdown. If you don't believe me, here he is against Florida.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_90WsabPKTI

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching the video I feel a little better about the pick.

He tend to get off his feet at times, but it is not a major issue. He understand tyhe scheme and you can tell he's been a starter for a while (picks up twists, helps where he can)...very solid football IQ.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK now I'm feelin better about the Miami Dolphins 2013 NFL Draft !

NFL.COM had Dallas Thomas rated as #50 (acording to Phinsider Tv) & they emphasized "value".

When I look at the footage of the kid I see an excellent athlete at 300#s who's highly mobile, has good push & use of hands.

Man I can't tell you how happy I am seeing some young talent on the Oline.
Holy [inappropriate/removed] I was sweatin bullets there today gettin updates on my ph.

I have no idea what will transpire competition wise on the left side or who will start where but I'll tell you this.
I doubt the kid will unseat Ritchie Incognito so ...
I am all about seeing a "Battle Royale" for the starting LT position.
Please let Dallas Thomas at least compete against J. Martin & may the best man win !

sug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: