You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Of draftable players, the best at losing, and trading down
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Football Buff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juan00 wrote:
Football Buff wrote:
so juan, does this mean you finally gave up on your boy walter??? Laughing

Have you given up on Quinn is the better question?

Walter is still a question mark in my book. I still like his potential and upside. No young QB could have succeeded in what was one of the worst offensive ever. None. If Oakland has the same offensive issues next season I don't care if Russell or God lines up behind that o-line because they will fail.

This being said, Russell has the type of arm that comes along only once in a lifetime. To compare his arm to Elway's is no stretch, but Elway had more than an arm that made him a winner. Russell does appear to have that moxie, but again, we won't know until he dons an NFL uniform.

Now, I was always in favor of drafting a QB in the first round especially with the Moss pick, if for nothing else to get rid of Brooks and to stir up the QB competition amongst two young QBs...but you knew that, of course Buff?

Although Im leaning towards Jamarcus Russell, I havent given up on Quinn yet. He certaintly has better tools and football smarts than Walter thats for sure and anyone would be an upgrade over Walter. There were times when Walter had plenty of time and he either A) misfired badly B) threw an interception or C) held the ball FOREVER and got sacked, if you deny this then you were probably watching an NFL Films highlights of Ken Stabler.

I hate it when people back up a player's abilities by their "upside" and "potential" that is just some [EDITED BY MODERATOR] terms. Show me what you can do in an actual game as opposed to people playing the guessing game by using "upside" and "potential"

Given the fact that Al Davis was in LOVE with Vince Young, I cant see him pass up on a similar prospect like Russell.
HiFi

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totty and Football Buff, if you can't get along, ignore each other.

If this persists, I will give warnings.

Football Buff, you've been here long enough to realize that bad language is not allowed and that includes the use of asterisks. Please be more careful in the future. Thanks.
silverandblack6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree the draft is deep at QB and WR but deff not at RB. After AP and Lynch you have an injured Bush and an overrated Kenny Irons and who else? Russell is not a Vince Young type prospect but he has a ton of potential and is a better pocket passer than Vince. Russell or AP should be our guys at 1 and I wouldnt have a problem at all if we take Russell.
Football Buff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiFi wrote:
Totty and Football Buff, if you can't get along, ignore each other.

If this persists, I will give warnings.

Football Buff, you've been here long enough to realize that bad language is not allowed and that includes the use of asterisks. Please be more careful in the future. Thanks.

I apologize for my actions HIFI. however, i dont think me asking a relevant question on the subject (if juan00 was still a believer in walter) warranted a childlike response by totty. Although Juan00 and myself constantly disagree with one another, he replied in a well enough manner and i was satisfied with his answer and didnt egg him on or anything like that... oh about the cursing, i though putting asterisks was allowed, my bad, wont happen again...
radrshark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to me its peterson and lynch and a bunch of bigger question marks at rb I`m just saying I`m not in love with the depth at rb while there is depth at qb so for me its AP or trade down and get lynch but i think everyone knows where I stand on having a STRONG running game jordan might not even be 100% by the beginning of the season even if he is we know how most backs perform 1rst year after surgery and I`m not putting all of our eggs in huggy jr`s basket. BUT ,... we`ll have to wait and see what goes on in free agency, releases etc. there might be some interesting vet running backs out there in a month or two. if we got a GOOD one as an insurance policy then by all means take the qb. either way I`ll be happier with AP or russell as our 1rst pick.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Write it down Quinn will play for a team this year THAT WILL beat the Raiders next year.

Quinn is the real deal and if we do not draft him we will surely pay in the long run.

HOF

Remember, Dan Morino never won a big game, Fran Tarkenton never won a big game, Peyton manning has yet to win a big game. Who out there would not want Peyton Manning???

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: