Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Are You Worried About Us Reaching For?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
I don't think a second round safety nor CB will be there ,, so we don't reach ..I'm feeling wideout or right tackle. We'll see soon.
how many DBs do you think will be taken in round 2?

Their would have to be be 9 or 10 taken before we pick at 51 for one to not be worthy of our selection.

I'd be shocked if we took a Rt in the 2nd, Shanahan has never done it before.

Wow, You think there is STILL 9 to 10 second round DB's left .. oK ,,I respect your opinion .

Jonathan Cyprien
Jamar Taylor
Johnathan Banks
Robert Alford
David Amerson
DJ Swearinger
Phillip Thomas
Darius Slay
Dwayne Grantz
Jordan Poyer
Blidi Wreh-Wilson
JJ Wilcox
Shamarko Thomas
Bacarri Rambo
B.W. Webb

Not saying all these guys will go in round 2 but different teams have different grades on different players, it wouldn't shock me if any of them went round 2.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
taylormade

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Quote:
After a solid career at the University of Georgia, the Broncos selected Foster with the 20th pick on the 2003 NFL Draft. The Broncos needed to secure their left tackle of the future and Foster seemed like a good value. Foster didn't see the field his rookie season, however, and very early on there were questions about the kind of player Foster would become.

They didn't need a LT right away, and relied on him to start out at RT. At 325+ pounds when they drafted him, I'd imagine they wanted him to lose at least 10 pounds before moving him to LT.

"Ryan Torrain has more yards than both Larry Johnson and FWP put together!" - Me, Bold Predictions Thread, May 4th 2010
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
Shamarko Thomas or TJ McDonald

Oh man, I love me some Shamarko. Bacarri Rambo would upset me if we take him with either of our picks today.
I like Shamarko Thomas but I think 51 is too high for him and I believe Shamarko is a SS, Only. I doubt he's the pick @ 51.

51 is probably a little too high for him but I don't see him lasting to us at the end of the 3rd round. I understand the issues with drafting him but a talent like his and the playmaking ability he could give to our secondary would be enormous. I would definitely take Cyprien if he's available, but if it's between Swearinger and Thomas, I think Thomas will be the better player. (Notice I said player, not fit).

With all that said, if Justin Hunter or Keenan Allen fall to us you don't think twice as you draft that guy. We have 6 other picks to sure up our secondary. Margus Hunt is an intriguing name too but I think it's doubtful any of those three players slip to us.

mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taylormade wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:
After a solid career at the University of Georgia, the Broncos selected Foster with the 20th pick on the 2003 NFL Draft. The Broncos needed to secure their left tackle of the future and Foster seemed like a good value. Foster didn't see the field his rookie season, however, and very early on there were questions about the kind of player Foster would become.

They didn't need a LT right away, and relied on him to start out at RT. At 325+ pounds when they drafted him, I'd imagine they wanted him to lose at least 10 pounds before moving him to LT.
ok, so I guess the Broncos blogger doesn't know what he's talking about?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dont want Cyprien. I think he is going to be a big bust and I am not getting a good vibe from him at all.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
TKellion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Polian just ripped the Honey badger to pieces Laughing Twisted Evil
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
Wow Polian just ripped the Honey badger to pieces Laughing Twisted Evil
Laughing It's quite easy to do

I liked yesterday when he was tearing up Cordrell Patterson. Then, I think it was Trey Wingo who made the point that Chad Johnson was similar to Patterson in their paths to the NFL.

Polian said well, Reggie Wayne was a better pro

taylormade

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
taylormade wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

The point is that Shanahan isn't afraid to draft a tackle, specifically someone that will play RT early in the draft.

"Ryan Torrain has more yards than both Larry Johnson and FWP put together!" - Me, Bold Predictions Thread, May 4th 2010
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
I really dont want Cyprien. I think he is going to be a big bust and I am not getting a good vibe from him at all.
doesn't it remind you of when Mayock and Kiper kept hyping up Robert Ayers?

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taylormade wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
taylormade wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

The point is that Shanahan isn't afraid to draft a tackle, specifically someone that will play RT early in the draft.
I didn't say he wouldn't draft a Tackle that high in the draft.

My point was if they had a long term option at LT, they wouldn't take another Tackle that high.

In 2003 the Broncos didn't have a long term option at LT. They took Foster believing he would be the long term LT option they needed. Just because he didn't work out doesn't mean they didn't expect him to be a LT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: