Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Day 2 Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Day 2 Mock Draft Reply with quote

*Trade: The Bears trade 2[50] to the San Francisco 49ers for 2[61] and 3[93]. The 49ers can still be active and probably still need to be.

2[61] CB Robert Alford [Southeastern Louisiana] 5'11" 195lbs.

Another athletic high potential player at a position of need who can step in and play Nickle as a rookie and compete on the outside at 2014. Alford has a role in 2013.

3[93] LB Kevin Reddick [UNC] 6'1" 245lbs.

A developmental MLB that can play on special teams and has shown flashes of elite production and has great leadership qualities worthy of development to play MLB in this system.

4. C Khaled Holmes [USC] 6'4" 300lbs.

Emery was at the USC Pro Day and the Bears still need a C that can be developed behind Garza and to compete with Garza. Holmes is a player that has starting potential.

5. WR Josh Boyce [Boise St] 5'11" 208lbs.

Boyce provides depth, 4.38 speed and the ability to play in the slot and threaten teams deep.

6. DT Brandon Moore [Texas] 6'5" 325lbs.

Big, physical and raw he can add size to the back up NT position and can be developed while playing on run heavy downs and in short yardage.

Bears54

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about

2(61)- Robert Alford (CB)
3(93)- Kenny Stills (WR)
4(116)- Zavier Gooden (OLB)
5(148)- Dalton Freeman (C)
6(180)- AJ Klein (ILB)
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should go with an offensive playmaker in round two...Robert Woods or a trade down for Gavin Escobar...If we can sort out the offence this season and let some of the vets on D carry us we can then go hard next year on the defensive side of the ball...then in year 3 get back to taking BPA all the way.
bkokot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
I think we should go with an offensive playmaker in round two...Robert Woods or a trade down for Gavin Escobar...If we can sort out the offence this season and let some of the vets on D carry us we can then go hard next year on the defensive side of the ball...then in year 3 get back to taking BPA all the way.

Mike, I think last year's draft and last night have shown us that we may never really be taking BPA. At least not in the way we would think of it. Emery seems to have a somewhat different criteria for evaluating talent. We have yet to see how effective that is at producing nfl starters/playmakers, only time will tell.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkokot wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Mike, I think last year's draft and last night have shown us that we may never really be taking BPA. At least not in the way we would think of it. Emery seems to have a somewhat different criteria for evaluating talent. We have yet to see how effective that is at producing nfl starters/playmakers, only time will tell.

I think we that since Emery got here he has seen that we are talent deficient at certain positions and hasn’t had the opportunity to go BPA…personally I felt he did enough in FA with bringing in solid veterans to allow him to do that…clearly he never and decided that we still needed help on the interior line…I still think we are another one or even two drafts away from knowing what Emery is really wanting to do.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

I'd love Woods. Not sold on a TE though. Emery has said he wasn't happy with how Rodriguez was used last year, and I think he'll want to see wha he can do for Trestman before looking elsewhere. Especially since he took E-Rod over addressing other needs along the OL.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: