Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report/Rumor: Lions want #3 if OT falls
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
This conversation made me think about another player: Aaron Rodgers. Many labeled him a "bust" and "wasted pick" because he played minimally during his first 3 years.
Quote:
Hey, there's no doubt in my mind Rodgers was a wasted pick.

Quote:
Merrill Hodge thinks Aaron Rodgers is already a wasted pick and has no talent.

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers was a wasted pick, where there were other QBs in the draft you could have waited for, like Kyle Orton, and you had a much more pressing need elsewhere. What a waste.

It's typical fan reaction, but isn't rational in the least bit.
I don't see the comparison. Rodgers didn't even play, plus he was behind Brett freaking Farve.

Grew has been a starter the entire time in a pass happy offense, he's put into a situation where we could've gotten the same production out of Will Heller. A great many fans knew even before the Draft that he wasn't a first round talent, and he's proven us right.

You seem to take positional value into account, since you're in favor of trading away picks to move up for a LT. Well taking positional value into account, a blocking TE with poor hands, speed, and athletic ability- Grew has to be considered horrible value at #20 overall.It was like taking a FB #20 overall and trying to convince people he was BPA.

Not gonna happen.

Grew is an OK player. He was a horrible pick. Most reasonable people can see this. Not worth it at this point brother.
El Duderino

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if Pettigrew is involved in a trade with the Raiders, if the Lions do move up. They seem very interested in tight ends.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Duderino wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Pettigrew is involved in a trade with the Raiders, if the Lions do move up. They seem very interested in tight ends.

I hate the idea of moving pettigrew in a deal like that. It just opens up a huge need for a TE then. You pull out one plug in a leaky boat to plug another one, but it still leaves you in a sinking ship.
stylish313

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
El Duderino wrote:

I hate the idea of moving pettigrew in a deal like that. It just opens up a huge need for a TE then. You pull out one plug in a leaky boat to plug another one, but it still leaves you in a sinking ship.
We could re-sign Heller and not skip a beat.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
El Duderino wrote:

I guess this offense may allow to use two TE's to do the job of a more all around guy, but I wouldn't do it personally. I'd rather deal with a TE hole next year. I'm not saying one way is right or wrong, but I wouldn't move him in a trade up situation.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
El Duderino wrote:

I guess this offense may allow to use two TE's to do the job of a more all around guy, but I wouldn't do it personally. I'd rather deal with a TE hole next year. I'm not saying one way is right or wrong, but I wouldn't move him in a trade up situation.

As long as I am getting value out of him, in a contract year, he would be gone. Unless they are absolutely certain he is willing to re-sign at a highly reasonable price.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
El Duderino wrote:

As long as I am getting value out of him, in a contract year, he would be gone. Unless they are absolutely certain he is willing to re-sign at a highly reasonable price.

What would you consider a reasonable price? I think he's going to want to be paid more than he deserves, and I hope the Lions don't get overly loyal with some of their own guys.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
El Duderino wrote:

What would you consider a reasonable price? I think he's going to want to be paid more than he deserves, and I hope the Lions don't get overly loyal with some of their own guys.

Not really certain TBH. It would all depend on the exact cap situation come next year and our needs/wants list I guess. But I definitely would not pay him over $2/per and really wouldn't want to go over 1.5/per. Like Stylish said, I don't think what he does is anything special. I disagree there would be NO dropoff to Heller, but I honestly don't see it as a glaring dropoff, that's for certain.
imBlackSheep

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I got one out of left field, how about the Lions take Bjoern Werner in the 1st round. I think Miami trades up with us and selects Luke Joeckel with the 5th overall. I believe they are in great need at both OT spots (LT for certain) and with really no great LT prospects after the Big 3 to protect Tannehill and just few good LTs on the market (the best being Brandon Albert which ain't much) they want to protect there investment. Lions get the latter of the two 1st rounders and a 3rd and 4th.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imBlackSheep wrote:
Ok I got one out of left field, how about the Lions take Bjoern Werner in the 1st round. I think Miami trades up with us and selects Luke Joeckel with the 5th overall. I believe they are in great need at both OT spots (LT for certain) and with really no great LT prospects after the Big 3 to protect Tannehill and just few good LTs on the market (the best being Brandon Albert which ain't much) they want to protect there investment. Lions get the latter of the two 1st rounders and a 3rd and 4th.

Werner's been projected to fall to the second round in recent reports, so I'd be pretty upset if the Lions went with him in the top of the first.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW Dave Birkett said they indeed inquired with OAK but didn't want to pay price OAK wanted.

Sig bet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: