Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thursday NFL Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Hope-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hunter would be epic.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
coleman51 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
BigG13 wrote:
Who would you guys want at 40 between Jesse Williams, Robert Woods, Jonathan Banks, Justin Hunter, Tank Carradine, Damontre Moore, John Cyprien, or another player?

1. Justin Hunter
2. Damontre Moore
3. Tank Carradine
4. Johnthan Banks
5. Robert Woods
6. John Cyprien

Though I wouldn't really be upset with any of the above six.

Ditto. I'd re-arrange with Hunter and Woods at 5/6 (interchangeable) but if we could land any of them, which is a very realistic possibility, I think our FO and fanbase would be very happy. When's the last time we could say that?
Probably 2011. I think most of us were pretty happy with the Derrick Morgan/Akeem Ayers duo that year.

Morgan went in 2010. Locker was 2011. Come on 0021, what's up with you? Laughing
I'm still at work at 11:30 and have been staring at a computer screen for 9 hours. Cut me some slack. Laughing
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ecstatic about Chance (He was my #2 rated player... Star was 1... but that's nitpicking).

I think we have to go DL with this next pick. I would prefer a pass rushing style DT... but the best available/highest impact type guy on that defensive side of the trenches has to be the pick. I'm looking at these guys:

- Tank Carradine - top available on my board
- Kawann Short - that pass rushing DT, ideal fit next to Casey
- Margus Hunt - insane body and athleticism... smaller school prospect that could flourish under NFL coaching... very raw
- Damontre Moore - tweener... could be elite... would prefer a bigger DE

Chances are one of those guys should be available when we pick at 40. I'd take any of them in a heart beat, in that order (I'd consider putting Short above Tank, possibly). There are other DE's I like... but 40 may be a slight reach (Alex Okafor, William Gholston)... there's also that trio of DTs that I didn't mention, but they're more of the Casey mold... bigger, NT types... and I'd much rather have that UT to create pressure down the middle. CB could also be an option, but I think they can wait for the 3rd round for that... but if they don't go DL, CB would be my next position of choice.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really would only like to grab a wide receiver if there aren't any D-linemen worth taking. I have a strong feeling that there's gonna be a run on QB's right here before we pick. Someone is gonna take Manti Te'o before us.

I want Johnthan Banks from Mississippi State if we go CB. I think it's a good time to grab a CB because this class at DE is much more deep when compared to corner. We can take a guy like Corey Lemonier or Cornelius Washington in round three. I think that compensatory pick (97) will be used on a WR.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how the draft is shaping up.

Wouldn't mind a defensive lineman, but I think there's a number of highly talented wide receivers available as well.

If we really are looking at trying to get Locker to work, I think we go wide receiver.

The way I see it, we've built the offensive line (Had the tackles, got the guards now, it's an area of strength), we've got the running backs (CJ2K, signed Greene), and we have receivers (Britt, Wright), but with Washington possibly out, I think we go with that.

Essentially, if we go WR, we basically fill out our entire offense. In this way, Locker will either succeed, or, if he can't, we know he's a bust, and we draft a new quarterback (or sign one?), and have an offense already intact.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think it'll be WR. But DT / DE wouldn't surprise me either.

Which WRs did we have come visit / private workout with us?

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
I like how the draft is shaping up.

Wouldn't mind a defensive lineman, but I think there's a number of highly talented wide receivers available as well.

If we really are looking at trying to get Locker to work, I think we go wide receiver.

The way I see it, we've built the offensive line (Had the tackles, got the guards now, it's an area of strength), we've got the running backs (CJ2K, signed Greene), and we have receivers (Britt, Wright), but with Washington possibly out, I think we go with that.

Essentially, if we go WR, we basically fill out our entire offense. In this way, Locker will either succeed, or, if he can't, we know he's a bust, and we draft a new quarterback (or sign one?), and have an offense already intact.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think it'll be WR. But DT / DE wouldn't surprise me either.

Which WRs did we have come visit / private workout with us?

I think a lot depends how we feel about Nate. Recently Ruston said they weren't going to move him.

Only one around second round value I recall was Quinton Patton.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
‏@MMehtaNYDN 1h

John Idzik said Dee Milliner & Sheldon Richardson were 2 of Top 4 on Jets board. The other 2? Tavon Austin & Chance Warmack. #nyj
coleman51

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
‏@MMehtaNYDN 1h

John Idzik said Dee Milliner & Sheldon Richardson were 2 of Top 4 on Jets board. The other 2? Tavon Austin & Chance Warmack. #nyj

Probably made the Jets choose between Milliner and Warmack. Titans said "they would definitely look at taking a corner", with losing Revis the Jets still had Cromartie and Wilson, I didn't think corner was a big of a need that the rest of social media thinks it was. Still very glad they went with Milliner.

Would we have taken him? Or was it a smoke screen on our part to pressure the Jets into making the decision they did? There's also still a good possibility we'll add a corner today with one of our three picks.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
Ockham

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman51 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
‏@MMehtaNYDN 1h

Probably made the Jets choose between Milliner and Warmack. Titans said "they would definitely look at taking a corner", with losing Revis the Jets still had Cromartie and Wilson, I didn't think corner was a big of a need that the rest of social media thinks it was. Still very glad they went with Milliner.

Would we have taken him? Or was it a smoke screen on our part to pressure the Jets into making the decision they did? There's also still a good possibility we'll add a corner today with one of our three picks.

Don't understand how anything we were planning could pressure Jets.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Justin Hunter would be epic.

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still dont think we grab a WR early.

I think CB or DL is pretty much a lock for the 2nd pick.

I haven't followed this draft as much as I did in the past. Who is a CB available that is good is press coverage?

[Adopt a Titan] [Derrick Morgan] [Robert Johnson]
coleman51

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:

I haven't followed this draft as much as I did in the past. Who is a CB available that is good is press coverage?

I don't think we should grab a WR unless it's early. If we take a WR late, he most likely won't make the roster which would result in a wasted pick. I'm sure we could argue that for other positions as well, but we have a TON of WRs on the roster at the moment.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a Mock I messed around with where we took Chance Warmack, I had us go after Jonathan Banks at CB in the 2nd.

I think CB or WR will have the best value in round 2.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:

I think it depends on what plans the FO has for Wash and Britt in the near future. Hunter would be a very interesting option here.

Johnthan Banks is the best corner left in the draft, I think he could play press but I would not say he is the best left in the draft. Jamar Taylor is likely the best pure press corner left.

Props to Kempes ^
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hidden in the debate over the 3 picks tonight for the Titans, which area that they feel the worse about WR or CB with the 40th pick. It will be an indictment on Mariani, Williams, Preston & Washington if they go WR in the 2nd or a bad sign for Campbell if they got CB at #40.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: