Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami Dolphins FFMD 13 The II War Room - 3rd Place!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Grade the Draft
Awesome
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Best one this week
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Common, nothing special
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Duck
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Fireland
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

WaterBear56

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd Place! It might not be the SB champs but it's close. It was great having all of you here and thank you so much for all of the input and the time that you put into this project. I think we came out with a terrific draft and hopefully Ireland is reading the forums. I hope we do this against next year and aim for first. Phins up!

1.7.7: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
2.11.42: Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
3.1.63: Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
3.20.82: Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Louisiana
4.2.99: Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina
4.14.111: David Quessenberry, G, San Jose State
5.13.146: JJ Wilcox, S, Georgia Southern
5.33.166: Akeem Spence, DT, Illinois
7.18.224: Latavius Murray, RB, Central Florida
7.44.250: Travis Bond, G, North Carolina

Ryan Spadola, WR, Lehigh
Brandon Hepburn, LB, Florida A&M
Braden Wilson, FB, Kansas State
Zach Brown (Zachary Ramirez), K, Portland State
Jeff Nady, OT, Nevada
DC Jefferson, TE, Rutgers
David King, DE, Oklahoma
Ben Cotton, TE, Nebraska

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all. I think we had a great draft and got the guys that we wanted. Good job guys.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have been nice to have Lane Johnson and Giovani Benard this year. I think we did a solid job.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
3rd Place! It might not be the SB champs but it's close. It was great having all of you here and thank you so much for all of the input and the time that you put into this project. I think we came out with a terrific draft and hopefully Ireland is reading the forums. I hope we do this against next year and aim for first. Phins up!

1.7.7: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma: A, the best of the 3 top 4 rookie tackles.
2.11.42: Alex Okafor, DE, Texas : Incomplete, showed flashes befor being put on IR.
3.1.63: Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State, F: His issues werenr know at the time. Practice squad player.
3.20.82: Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Louisiana: B+, showed promise for the falcons.
4.2.99: Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina: A+, Would look great as our starting RB.
4.14.111: David Quessenberry, G, San Jose State: INC, Stood out in training camp, before being put on IR.
5.13.146: JJ Wilcox, S, Georgia Southern, A, started for Cowboys for a few games, looked like a future starter.
5.33.166: Akeem Spence, DT, Illinois: C, played some games, but has law issues.
7.18.224: Latavius Murray, RB, Central Florida: INC, was placed on IR.
: C, still on an active roster.

Ryan Spadola, WR, Lehigh
Jeff Nady, OT, Nevada
David King, DE, Oklahoma
Ben Cotton, TE, Nebraska

Excluding the horrible in hindsight Poyer pick, this looks like a pretty good draft, with two great picks (Johnson, Bernard), two good picks (Alford, Wilcox) and a couple of promising, although injured players (Okafor, Quessenberry, Murray).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

1.7.7: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma: A, the best of the 3 top 4 rookie tackles.
2.11.42: Alex Okafor, DE, Texas : Incomplete, showed flashes befor being put on IR.
3.1.63: Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State, F: His issues werenr know at the time. Practice squad player.
3.20.82: Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Louisiana: B+, showed promise for the falcons.
4.2.99: Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina: A+, Would look great as our starting RB.
4.14.111: David Quessenberry, G, San Jose State: INC, Stood out in training camp, before being put on IR.
5.13.146: JJ Wilcox, S, Georgia Southern, A, started for Cowboys for a few games, looked like a future starter.
5.33.166: Akeem Spence, DT, Illinois: C, played some games, but has law issues.
7.18.224: Latavius Murray, RB, Central Florida: INC, was placed on IR.
: C, still on an active roster.

Ryan Spadola, WR, Lehigh
Jeff Nady, OT, Nevada
David King, DE, Oklahoma
Ben Cotton, TE, Nebraska

Excluding the horrible in hindsight Poyer pick, this looks like a pretty good draft, with two great picks (Johnson, Bernard), two good picks (Alford, Wilcox) and a couple of promising, although injured players (Okafor, Quessenberry, Murray).

I would slightly change the grades for Spence and Wilcox. Spence had a strong rookie season but was just arrested for possession. Wilcox struggled with an injury throughout the season and it showed at times with him rotating frequently.

Still, I think we did great; at least better than Ireland. Would have loved to have had Lane Johnson and a healthy David Quessenberry. Martin probably wouldn't have been benched as a RT so he probably wouldn't have flipped out. We would be looking at: Johnson-Incognito-Pouncey-Quessenberry-Martin with Jerry, Garner, and Yeatman as key reserves. Add Bernard and a healthy Murray, and our offense would have had another layer to it completely.

Thanks to everybody for all the participation! Looking back, I was probably only in favor of half of these picks, but as a team we were really able to set apart the players that would have help us win football games from those that we liked. I definitely think this draft could have helped us get at least that one extra win needed for the playoffs. Ironically enough, it also would have saved Ireland and Sherman.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still defend the Poyer pick. It's still a mystery how he fell to the 7th round. Philly cut him and he played decently for Cleveland in the latter part of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
Page 34 of 34

Jump to: