Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins working on a trade for Branden Albert
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Clayton @ClaytonESPN
The Dolphins are willing to give up pick No. 54 for Albert. They can work out a long-term contract with Albert. Adds to the drama.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeyL. wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
Something isn't jiving? How could they not think he is worth a 2nd round pick, but they do think he is worth 9 mil a season?

I think its the combination of both.

Like they dont wanna pay good money and a 2nd.

me neither.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
fasel1515

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope Jeffy Jeff is telling KC to go pound sand right now. They want #42... GTFO with that lunacy. We are the ones who trade rape Andy Reid not the other way around. Remember Lorenzo Booker for a 4th? LOLZ
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fasel1515 wrote:
Hope Jeffy Jeff is telling KC to go pound sand right now. They want #42... GTFO with that lunacy. We are the ones who trade rape Andy Reid not the other way around. Remember Lorenzo Booker for a 4th? LOLZ

...remember AJ Feeley for a 2nd? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm guessing the dilemma facing Ireland is spend the draft picks it costs to move up and get Lane Johnson, or give up the #42 and 8+ million a year to Fat Albert, or go into the season with J. Martin as the LT with little competition and a later round rookie as the RT.

People want Ireland to tell the Chiefs to go pound rocks, but if Martin and a rookie as our bookend tackles, the only thing getting pounded may very well be Ryan Tannehill. I praised Ireland earlier for reading the free agent market well, but he may have missed the read on OT's. It looks like we either overpay for a Tackle to give us more security, or we go forward with a 2nd year guy and rookie with flaws. Not good news, if you ask me. To me, trading up for Joeckel would make me most happy. I believe the Chiefs will take Fisher, and so Joeckel seems like the best shot at one of the two blue chip Tackles that we have. Unlikely? Yes. But, it would make me most happy to address the line with one of the two.
fasel1515

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
fasel1515 wrote:

No I had stricken that from my memory. Thanks for bringing it up. Crying or Very sad But that solidifies the fact that you don't trade 2nd round picks for someone else's castoffs.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fasel1515 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:
fasel1515 wrote:

No I had stricken that from my memory. Thanks for bringing it up. Crying or Very sad But that solidifies the fact that you don't trade 2nd round picks for someone else's castoffs.

We also traded a 2nd for Dante Culpepper. Then again, the Patriots got Wes Welker from us for a 2nd. I'd say they were probably pretty pleased with giving up a 2nd rounder for "someone else's castoff".

Its hard to know. I don't like Albert for the compensation we'd give up for him, and I think the risk with injuries makes him less than desirable, but we need OL help. Will there be anything at #42 or #52 that represents more help than Albert? I really don't know, but I don't think so. Maybe at #42, but perhaps not at #52.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can always go get Marc Columbo, I heard he was available!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any deal is on hold now pending the completion of picks by both teams in round 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speculation is mounting that Fisher is going to the Chiefs with the first pick and Miami wants to trade up with Oakland to the 3rd spot to get Joeckel. It makes sense give his familiarity with the coach, the QB, and the offense, and Ireland's propensity to go for safe picks as Joeckel may be one of the safest picks in the draft who also happens to be at a position of need.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the relatively low value of high draft picks this year and the fact that Oakland really needs more picks would y'all be happy with a trade that included 12, 42, 77, and Bess for the number 3 pick if Joeckel falls? That still doesn't get us there, but I think that's about what we could get it for. That essentially takes away all the extra draft picks we had received.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Speculation is mounting that Fisher is going to the Chiefs with the first pick and Miami wants to trade up with Oakland to the 3rd spot to get Joeckel. It makes sense give his familiarity with the coach, the QB, and the offense, and Ireland's propensity to go for safe picks as Joeckel may be one of the safest picks in the draft who also happens to be at a position of need.
I can very much see it. the raiders want Hayden bad and know they can get him at 12.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Given the relatively low value of high draft picks this year and the fact that Oakland really needs more picks would y'all be happy with a trade that included 12, 42, 77, and Bess for the number 3 pick if Joeckel falls? That still doesn't get us there, but I think that's about what we could get it for. That essentially takes away all the extra draft picks we had received.
I think it could cost a 2014 1st
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
I think it could cost a 2014 1st

It depends on what we give up this year? IF it's ONLY a 2014 first, then I could see it. But if we are giving up pick 42, then all I would give up is a 2014 second to go with it. In other words, I am willing to go up and get Joeckel even at 3, but only if they don't follow the chart and are willing to give us a discount, cause there is no way I'm giving up an extra 1,000 points on the chart to go get him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:

i love how we were discussing this sort of deal compared to the one we stole
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner 2012 and 2013
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: