Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno, anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
For those clamoring for a trade down, like me, I think it is futile. If fans of prospective trade partners are to be believed, no team will trade up with KC, even at a discount. I polled the Eagles, Bills, Jets, and Cards with a simple “would your team trade up – yes/no” poll. I got zero yes votes on any of them.

There’s no way we trade with OAK. Why would JAX trade? CLE doesn’t have the ammo. DET has no need.

Of course, what do fans really know? That is, except for we Chiefs fans, of course.

I’m trying to remain optimistic, but deep down, I’m afraid the Chiefs are stuck. Left tackle it is.

Again, you are assuming none of these teams is operating under poor management, or that the fans have the same pressures the FO's do. Put yourself in Buddy Nix's shoes, do you not think he feels some pressure to win now? Do you think the fans care about winning now, as much as getting the right guy?

The Jets traded up a lot for an equally skeptical prospect a few years back because they wanted a guy now. I doubt many fans of them would have advocated making that trade ahead of time.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Mongo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Mongo wrote:
For those clamoring for a trade down, like me, I think it is futile. If fans of prospective trade partners are to be believed, no team will trade up with KC, even at a discount. I polled the Eagles, Bills, Jets, and Cards with a simple “would your team trade up – yes/no” poll. I got zero yes votes on any of them.

There’s no way we trade with OAK. Why would JAX trade? CLE doesn’t have the ammo. DET has no need.

Of course, what do fans really know? That is, except for we Chiefs fans, of course.

I’m trying to remain optimistic, but deep down, I’m afraid the Chiefs are stuck. Left tackle it is.

Again, you are assuming none of these teams is operating under poor management, or that the fans have the same pressures the FO's do. Put yourself in Buddy Nix's shoes, do you not think he feels some pressure to win now? Do you think the fans care about winning now, as much as getting the right guy?

The Jets traded up a lot for an equally skeptical prospect a few years back because they wanted a guy now. I doubt many fans of them would have advocated making that trade ahead of time.

Fair enough. Geno Smith is a far better prospect than Sanchez was. The Chiefs would give the pick up at discount too.

We'll see. I hope so. God, I wish it were draft day. I'm tired of thinking about it.
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:

You didn't ask about trading in general you asked "Geno anyone?" Not a lot of posters want Geno but maybe someone else? While I think it would be a tough sell at this moment in time but come draft day desperation or a change in circumstances may change what a team/fans feel towards the 1 pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
Mongo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:

You didn't ask about trading in general you asked "Geno anyone?" Not a lot of posters want Geno but maybe someone else? While I think it would be a tough sell at this moment in time but come draft day desperation or a change in circumstances may change what a team/fans feel towards the 1 pick.

True, but if you read the individual posts, the general consensus is that there is no one worthy of trading up for, not when then team in question has many needs.

It's only fan opinion, but I'd take a Jets fan's pulse of his team over anything I could presume.
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Put yourself in Buddy Nix's shoes, do you not think he feels some pressure to win now? Do you think the fans care about winning now, as much as getting the right guy?

Buddy Nix is 73 years old, talks openly about retiring, and already has his chosen successor in place and ready to take over for him. I don't think he has nearly the pressure to win now that your average GM would have after 3 losing seasons.

I think he sticks to his drafting philosophies and does what he thinks is best for the team in the long run, rather than worrying about winning now.
Mongo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EccentricFan wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
Put yourself in Buddy Nix's shoes, do you not think he feels some pressure to win now? Do you think the fans care about winning now, as much as getting the right guy?

Buddy Nix is 73 years old, talks openly about retiring, and already has his chosen successor in place and ready to take over for him. I don't think he has nearly the pressure to win now that your average GM would have after 3 losing seasons.

I think he sticks to his drafting philosophies and does what he thinks is best for the team in the long run, rather than worrying about winning now.

Personally, its hard for me to speculate about what motivates a working 70+ year old.

Maybe Buddy is coasting, ready to hand off the torch.

Maybe Buddy is desperate, wanting to win now.

Maybe Buddy is somewhere in between, knowing the Bills cannot win next year, which is probably true, but wanting to leave a legacy.

So maybe, just maybe, his hurrah is leaving the Bills in the best position he feels is best for their immediate future. He is on record for expressing the Bills need for a QBOF.

So maybe, just maybe, he thinks he needs to do that, get the QBOF under his watch. His legacy. If Geno is that guy, to do so, he has to trade up before OAK at minimum. He has to trade up to R1.01.

Just sayin'.

God I wish this were starting today. Rolling Eyes
Mongo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one.
Mongo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: