You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allstar03b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Draft Reply with quote

hey guys, I am brand new to this forum and website, but however i am a Raiders fan. What do you guys think about trading Randy Moss and Jerry Porter to solidify more draft picks and get more offensive help.

Trade Randy back to Minnessota where they have showed interest. Get their # 7 pick.

Maybe Porter could be sent to Atlanta who desperatley needs a WR and get their # 10 pick.

With that, they can take Calvin Johnson at #1, JaMarcus Russell at #7 and Adrian Peterson at #10.

Thats just an idea, their defense is in the top #5 i believe and their offense needs to be back to where it should be. What do you guys think about that scenario?
Barnett56

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Reply with quote

allstar03b wrote:
hey guys, I am brand new to this forum and website, but however i am a Raiders fan. What do you guys think about trading Randy Moss and Jerry Porter to solidify more draft picks and get more offensive help.

Trade Randy back to Minnessota where they have showed interest. Get their # 7 pick.

Maybe Porter could be sent to Atlanta who desperatley needs a WR and get their # 10 pick.

With that, they can take Calvin Johnson at #1, JaMarcus Russell at #7 and Adrian Peterson at #10.

Thats just an idea, their defense is in the top #5 i believe and their offense needs to be back to where it should be. What do you guys think about that scenario?

The Vikings haven't shown an interest, their fans have.

Jerry Porter won't get anything more than a third round pick. Javon Walker didn't get a first round pick, Daunte Culpepper didn't get a first round pick, Jerry Porter probably won't even be traded for a fourth round pick.
UGA Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way too much wishful thinking in that equation...Moss going back to Minny? Dont think that will happen probably about a 10% chance. Porter for a first rounder, I can tell ya for a fact won't happen...If we was to get a 2nd for him we would be lucky. Russell/CJ/AP would be insane tho, just about 0% chance of happening. Russell AND CJ or AP, though would be great...Which is what I was hoping all along before Russell went from a 2nd round pick to a first overall pick.
allstar03b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it probably was wishful thinking, but hey, we need all the help on offense that we can get..lol

i will take a 2nd round pick for either porter or moss though. Time for the Raiders to get rid of the cancer on that team
Juan00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moss can probably bring back at least a mid 1st rounder and Oakland will be lucky to get at least a 4th for Porter.
allstar03b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would gladly take a mid 1st rounder for Moss. then maybe we can get someone like Ginn, Rice, Jarrett or a rb in Bush or Irons
servando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No team will give you a second round pick let alone a first rounder for a 30 year old receiver on the decline. Not a chance.... We will probably end up keeping him for a lack of interest.. no team will give up anything under their fourth rounder ... beleive me.

The future does not look good...

We will be stuck with a giant (Russell) that will throw 20 picks a year to a angry moss that does not want to play for a losing team...

Ahhhh!!!..

Getting the USC QB coach would be a fresh start though.... i hope Davis pick him... He's only 32 too.
JustWinBaby2006

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

servando wrote:
No team will give you a second round pick let alone a first rounder for a 30 year old receiver on the decline. Not a chance.... We will probably end up keeping him for a lack of interest.. no team will give up anything under their fourth rounder ... beleive me.

The future does not look good...

We will be stuck with a giant (Russell) that will throw 20 picks a year to a angry moss that does not want to play for a losing team...

Ahhhh!!!..

Getting the USC QB coach would be a fresh start though.... i hope Davis pick him... He's only 32 too.

if t.o. can get 25 million dollars, then someone will give up a first or second round pick for moss.
Havoc500

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Oakland could do is trade Moss and a later pick( Like a 4th rounder) and Porter with a later pick ( like a 3rd rounder) for other teams first picks, this still kinda seems like a long shot, but could be possible if you think about it. Then we could have 3 first rounders to get a QB, RB, and a WR or whatever.......What you think???
Havoc500

What Oakland could do is trade Moss and a later pick( Like a 4th rounder) and Porter with a later pick ( like a 3rd rounder) for other teams first picks, this still kinda seems like a long shot, but could be possible if you think about it. Then we could have 3 first rounders to get a QB, RB, and a WR or whatever.......What you think???
Havoc500

jmckinney_27

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft Reply with quote

allstar03b wrote:

first of all Minn. or Atlanta would never do this deal. second of all, Russell or Peterson will not be available at the 7th and 10th pick. you might as well say why don't the first ten teams trade us their first round picks for moss, porter, jordan, brooks, walter, and some of our draft picks. neither idea is possible.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: