Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So long as we draft ____________, I will be happy.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niedermaier wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
I'm going with Joeckel. I realize he is likely gone before we pick, but I'd much prefer moving up for him then spending on Albert. We have lots of extra picks and I'd use a handful of those picks and perhaps a player or two to land a premiere/blue chip player in an area of need in a draft that lacks premiere players.
Would you give up a 2014 1st? that's the price I am hearing

No I wouldn't. I may be high, but I hear that the Raiders want to move back to take Hayden. I can't help but wonder if Joeckel isn't taken by Jacksonville, then the Raiders might be interested in Soliai, Bess and/or Odrick, plus draft picks might make it so we could get a deal done without using our 1st from next year.

Been hearing a lot out of Oakland that they are actively shopping the 3rd pick and the most interest so far has been from the Lions and Falcons.

Jacksonville is probably going to go D with the second pick. I don't think we will out bid some other teams for the 3rd overall.

you could very well be right. However, we have as much, if not more ammo than most. We also know that the Raiders need help all along their defensive line. They literally could use 4 new bodies. Miami has Soliai and Odrick who could be trade bait. We also have Bess who is clearly being shopped. Add to it all of our picks and no teams has the power/assets to move up as much as we do.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooper. Fills an immediate need, no flaws in his game, played in a ZBS in college. Seems like a no-brainer to me in a draft full of high potential guys with a lot of ???s he is as sure as they come in this draft IMO

Oh Man we are so Miami Dolphin!
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niedermaier wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
I'm going with Joeckel. I realize he is likely gone before we pick, but I'd much prefer moving up for him then spending on Albert. We have lots of extra picks and I'd use a handful of those picks and perhaps a player or two to land a premiere/blue chip player in an area of need in a draft that lacks premiere players.

No I wouldn't. I may be high, but I hear that the Raiders want to move back to take Hayden. I can't help but wonder if Joeckel isn't taken by Jacksonville, then the Raiders might be interested in Soliai, Bess and/or Odrick, plus draft picks might make it so we could get a deal done without using our 1st from next year.

Been hearing a lot out of Oakland that they are actively shopping the 3rd pick and the most interest so far has been from the Lions and Falcons.

Jacksonville is probably going to go D with the second pick. I don't think we will out bid some other teams for the 3rd overall.

If that's the case, then Joeckel falls to 4, and maybe we can deal with Philly?

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Niedermaier wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

If that's the case, then Joeckel falls to 4, and maybe we can deal with Philly?

While the asking price for 4 would be less than 3, Philly doesn't have as many needs to fill as Oakland, and not needs that match up so well with the surpluses we have. We have surplus of talent at DL, and WR, and those needs seem to match up better with Oakland than with Philly in my opinion, and I'd prefer to send those guys to Oakland than picks.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joeckle, Cooper, Johnson, Eifert....all would make me happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: