Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks sign Safety Kam Chancellor to 4-year,$28M extension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
When Richard Sherman's contract comes up we should cut Percy Harvin and free up cap space. A guy like Percy Harvin is just a complete luxury, especially on a team that already has a solid WR/RB group. Keeping the core players, keeping the pro-bowl secondary intact should be the priority. I think it is possible.
Rice and Miller would be cut before Harvin.

There's not point in trading a 1st round pick for a great playmaker just to cut him in one season.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
When Richard Sherman's contract comes up we should cut Percy Harvin and free up cap space. A guy like Percy Harvin is just a complete luxury, especially on a team that already has a solid WR/RB group. Keeping the core players, keeping the pro-bowl secondary intact should be the priority. I think it is possible.

This post is ridiculous. Percy Havin isn't going to be cut, and never would have been traded for to begin with if management didn't feel confident in resigning Sherman and ET.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millers contract is really only bad for this season 11M but then over the next two seasons its 7M then 6M for his last season.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Millers contract is really only bad for this season 11M but then over the next two seasons its 7M then 6M for his last season.
Yeah, you bring up a great point. I believe it was intentionally structured because they knew we'd have a lot of CAP relief this year.

Sidney needs to be restructured though.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Yeah, you bring up a great point. I believe it was intentionally structured because they knew we'd have a lot of CAP relief this year.

i think the same and i think clem is gone at some point too

WINTER IS COMING
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:

i think the same and i think clem is gone at some point too

Definitely. We have two years before Russell Wilson can get paid as well.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:

Yep i hope we draft a WR with his skill set at some point in this draft because we don't have anybody else with his skill set.
silus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Wee-Bey"]
silus wrote:

This post is ridiculous. Percy Havin isn't going to be cut, and never would have been traded for to begin with if management didn't feel confident in resigning Sherman and ET.[/quote
Good point. So he will be cut before Russell Wilson gets his contract... I agree.
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
silus wrote:

This post is ridiculous. Percy Havin isn't going to be cut, and never would have been traded for to begin with if management didn't feel confident in resigning Sherman and ET.

Good point. So he will be cut before Russell Wilson gets his contract... I agree.

*Letting distaste of Percy Harvin trade negatively influence your opinion on otherwise unrelated matters FTW*
klyon7634

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
silus wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
silus wrote:

*Letting distaste of Percy Harvin trade negatively influence your opinion on otherwise unrelated matters FTW*

Silus is still pissed off about the Harvin trade I see Laughing

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
silus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are beginning to talk about not being able to sign Richard Sherman. First heard it from John Clayton a few days ago. People would not be saying that if the Harvin trade didn't happen. Just sayin. Some people just look at a great player being signed as all benefit.... it's a salary cap league. This is not baseball. Please don't pretend it is, and you might understand someones point of view in not liking every trade.
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
People are beginning to talk about not being able to sign Richard Sherman. First heard it from John Clayton a few days ago. People would not be saying that if the Harvin trade didn't happen. Just sayin. Some people just look at a great player being signed as all benefit.... it's a salary cap league. This is not baseball. Please don't pretend it is, and you might understand someones point of view in not liking every trade.

Oh please. The real concerns that have been brought up are that Sherm will command (and may even demand) top $$$ and Russell Wilson is due for his payday very soon. Other key cogs like Earl Thomas are due as well.

This has all come in light of the $16 million per year Revis contract. Clayton was saying how Richard might command $12-$13 mill per year.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:

I meant if Sherman is trying to get 16M per a year it had nothing to do with the Harvin trade.
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I highly doubt Sherman asks for anywhere near 16M per year. Revis got that because he has no guaranteed money in the deal.

Next, I doubt Sherman walks. He loves it here and Pete knows that a lockdown corner can do a lot for your defense. We have plenty of guys that will be off the books soon and will allow us to keep our elite players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: