Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins hosting former Chargers CB Quentin Jammer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dashing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB and ILB should be our targets. At FS we have some options still in FA and also have to find a good replacement for London and not depend so much on Robinson , some might also need to know Riley was up and down this season .

our D was awful for good measures as well as our overrated run stop game since we got passed on alot way more than running the ball. I really can see London getting benched later this season his last juice was last year ....
markrc99

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus Wrote: "I'm not sure who they would draft at 51 that would upgrade our pass rush. All of the elite 3-4 pass rushing OLBs will be gone in the 1st round. Sure we could bring in some mid-round guys to compete for rotation spots on the front 3, but they are not going to beat out Cofeild, Carrkier, Bowen and Jenkins for playing time."

I do agree that it's going to be a challenge to find a disruptor with the 51st selection. Although the need for pass rushing depth at OLB is obvious, I'd rather they find someone to bring from the inside. Meaning, a DE-T who would be on the field with Orakpo & Kerrigan, not rotating in behind them. Whether Datone Jones will still be on the board, I don't know. Another good prospect is (DE) Sam Montgomery. Jesse Williams isn't a guy I'd consider. Brandon Williams would be a reach for this team's needs at that slot & he's not as good a pass rusher. But perhaps an option in the 3rd RD, where there's also going to be a number of quality edge rushers for OLB depth (Carradine & Jenkins). Sylvester Williams is a good option at DE, can apply pressure through contact.

However, by that time a guy like OT Terron Armstead might warrant serious consideration. I really like what I've read about him. I thought Gettis & Compton were excellent picks last year. I expected each to slide inside a slot to C & OG. The coaching staff is still high on Compton at OT. Keep an eye out for him in camp! I recall extensive debates about the need of a RT at this time last year. I disagreed then, believing all that stuff about Jamaal Brown & Willie Smith. Now I agree that is a real area of need. Particularly with respect to depth. Protection broke down when defenses knew the Redskins needed to pass. Again, 4th RD prospects could be (DE) Cornelius Washington & (DT) Everett Dawkins. Just like the others, these guys can apply real pressure through contact up inside. There & into the 5th RD are safeties Swearinger & Lester. As well as (RBs) Kenjon Barner & Kerwynn Williams, explosive change-of-pace options out of the backfield. Although (DE) Kapron Lewis-Moore is more of a run-stopper, he's an interesting prospect. Late round/FA looks could include edge rushers Lerentee McCray & Wes Horton.

Last edited by markrc99 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy with Terron Armstrong @ 51, eventhough I think he's a bit of a project.

I wouldn't see him starting this year, but possibly next year or the year after.

Another thing though is that Shanahan hasn't taken an OL but for LT in the first 2 rounds of the draft, ever! I believe. I think it's a long shot he goes in that direction in round 2.

All signs point to a DB on defense given that he hasn't drafted one in the top 4 rounds since he's been with us and everyone in the world knows that's what we need the most.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: