Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Eagles@Redskins Mon. Nighter is bigger, than you know.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 19386
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, the blog is fine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62218
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
For the record, the blog is fine.
cool Cool
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 8; Final Cuts 31; Reg Season 39
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Redskins24-7


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 14948
Location: North Beach, MD
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's far too early, IMO, to be talking about this game. I mean, I'm looking forward to it, but the draft starts in 3 days! That's what I'm looking forward to! Very Happy
_________________
RIP SuperSkinFan
London Fletcher: 16 GP, 111 tackles, 2 sacks
Pierre Garçon: 16 GP, 113 catches, 1346 yards, 5 TDs
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 3685
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Our D was top 15 in 2011, but keep on saying it was suspect Dashing. Obviously no one is going to change your mind in that, no matter if the defense was twice as good with Orakpo in several categories in 2011 vs what they were last year w/o him.


Dude ranked 15th? we played the rams who had no offense we played a bad jets offensive team and also a bad offensive 49ers team (passing) .

We got destroyed by Dallas and the cardinals scored 21 points the jets scored 33! and did two wildcat plays and scored a TD while we also got destroyed by philly twice and got destroyed by the Dolphins and the patriots along with the Buffalo Bills.

I don't see how you can say we where a good defensive team. The only team we took it head on was the pathetic rams that year and surprisngly the giants twice! and the Hawks! even the Vikings destroyed us with 30 points!


Our D was ranked 15th but it was worst than that IMO when we played a good offensive team we couldn't stop them at all.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/2011.htm


I know because I saw all games that year even when i was in nicargua with the announcers saying GOAL instead of TD I saw us get killed. If I didn't know i wouldn't even bring 011 but its true ...Rank 15th is basically ok but not good because we never handled good offensive teams too well.
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXTNES_L3s0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJ8_uNMM_I&list=LLRM2s0GoIPWV7foTBLfFMRw&feature=mh_lolz
^^^^I like to I like to I like to ^_^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62218
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Our D was top 15 in 2011, but keep on saying it was suspect Dashing. Obviously no one is going to change your mind in that, no matter if the defense was twice as good with Orakpo in several categories in 2011 vs what they were last year w/o him.


Dude ranked 15th? we played the rams who had no offense we played a bad jets offensive team and also a bad offensive 49ers team (passing) .

We got destroyed by Dallas and the cardinals scored 21 points the jets scored 33! and did two wildcat plays and scored a TD while we also got destroyed by philly twice and got destroyed by the Dolphins and the patriots along with the Buffalo Bills.

I don't see how you can say we where a good defensive team. The only team we took it head on was the pathetic rams that year and surprisngly the giants twice! and the Hawks! even the Vikings destroyed us with 30 points!


Our D was ranked 15th but it was worst than that IMO when we played a good offensive team we couldn't stop them at all.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/2011.htm


I know because I saw all games that year even when i was in nicargua with the announcers saying GOAL instead of TD I saw us get killed. If I didn't know i wouldn't even bring 011 but its true ...Rank 15th is basically ok but not good because we never handled good offensive teams too well.
I know we had a few bad games and you named them. Actually, I think our D was 13th in 2011. 12th in pass D, aided by our 41 sacks and our run D was 18th, 18th in points. Obviously, we need to do better and if healthy, I believe we have the talent to be much better.

You're forgetting the other games when the D played well. We gave up far less points in 2011. If you put the 2011 defense and 2012 offense together our team wins another game or 2.

Hopefully we get healthy and stay healthy this year and if we do, you'll be eating crow because this D and O has the potential to be top 10 each. Gotta stay healthy though.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 8; Final Cuts 31; Reg Season 39
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 19386
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing, you might want this page for last season: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/2012.htm

Yes, the defense was bad early in the season, but it got significantly better in the latter half of the season. Part of that is going to be due to losing talent, but also some of that is due to the backups being pressed into service when they didn't have that many reps.

Yes, we need help in the secondary. Still, we have a lot of talent, so I would be very surprised if we went down 6-10. Even with a tough schedule, that would be a very big disappointment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 3685
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Our D was top 15 in 2011, but keep on saying it was suspect Dashing. Obviously no one is going to change your mind in that, no matter if the defense was twice as good with Orakpo in several categories in 2011 vs what they were last year w/o him.


Dude ranked 15th? we played the rams who had no offense we played a bad jets offensive team and also a bad offensive 49ers team (passing) .

We got destroyed by Dallas and the cardinals scored 21 points the jets scored 33! and did two wildcat plays and scored a TD while we also got destroyed by philly twice and got destroyed by the Dolphins and the patriots along with the Buffalo Bills.

I don't see how you can say we where a good defensive team. The only team we took it head on was the pathetic rams that year and surprisngly the giants twice! and the Hawks! even the Vikings destroyed us with 30 points!


Our D was ranked 15th but it was worst than that IMO when we played a good offensive team we couldn't stop them at all.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/2011.htm


I know because I saw all games that year even when i was in nicargua with the announcers saying GOAL instead of TD I saw us get killed. If I didn't know i wouldn't even bring 011 but its true ...Rank 15th is basically ok but not good because we never handled good offensive teams too well.
I know we had a few bad games and you named them. Actually, I think our D was 13th in 2011. 12th in pass D, aided by our 41 sacks and our run D was 18th, 18th in points. Obviously, we need to do better and if healthy, I believe we have the talent to be much better.

You're forgetting the other games when the D played well. We gave up far less points in 2011. If you put the 2011 defense and 2012 offense together our team wins another game or 2.

Hopefully we get healthy and stay healthy this year and if we do, you'll be eating crow because this D and O has the potential to be top 10 each. Gotta stay healthy though.

Thats because we had OJ Atogwe who was a better FS than any one other than jackson last year and Laron Landry and had like 13 sacks against the rams etc.

Stats dont mean anything to me you know as I know we gotten killed at the CB position and at safety for years we have never had a consistent healthy FS and or SS. We still don't...........our Lb'S also can not cover for crap either .

011 we played less effective offensive teams...I can't name one we didn't this year at all who had a bad O other than philly but they did good the second game.

We can be Ranked 10th and In my eyes will tell me if our D is good or not. Stats are very mis-leading...........our D was not good in either years and hasn't been that good since 2005 and or atleast 2007 which had a decent D that was OK but not great,.
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXTNES_L3s0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJ8_uNMM_I&list=LLRM2s0GoIPWV7foTBLfFMRw&feature=mh_lolz
^^^^I like to I like to I like to ^_^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 3685
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Dashing, you might want this page for last season: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/2012.htm

Yes, the defense was bad early in the season, but it got significantly better in the latter half of the season. Part of that is going to be due to losing talent, but also some of that is due to the backups being pressed into service when they didn't have that many reps.

Yes, we need help in the secondary. Still, we have a lot of talent, so I would be very surprised if we went down 6-10. Even with a tough schedule, that would be a very big disappointment.

IDK that Rams game shown us early that even if we where healthy I highly doubt we would of stopped Dannys 15 career rep's.

We just get figured out easily Pounder said our D was a joke in the vikings game. I just think we can find a better DC and a better defensive unit IDK how or when but lets face it shannys history on creating defense is what got him fired in Denver ...we are similar to the 08 Denver team except we had a RB who had 1600 yards and a QB who didn't throw alot of picks or turn overs period......Our D was historically bad.

We need a consistent pass rush and a consistent secondary that hits hard and had a good depth of rotation.
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXTNES_L3s0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJ8_uNMM_I&list=LLRM2s0GoIPWV7foTBLfFMRw&feature=mh_lolz
^^^^I like to I like to I like to ^_^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62218
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Our D was top 15 in 2011, but keep on saying it was suspect Dashing. Obviously no one is going to change your mind in that, no matter if the defense was twice as good with Orakpo in several categories in 2011 vs what they were last year w/o him.


Dude ranked 15th? we played the rams who had no offense we played a bad jets offensive team and also a bad offensive 49ers team (passing) .

We got destroyed by Dallas and the cardinals scored 21 points the jets scored 33! and did two wildcat plays and scored a TD while we also got destroyed by philly twice and got destroyed by the Dolphins and the patriots along with the Buffalo Bills.

I don't see how you can say we where a good defensive team. The only team we took it head on was the pathetic rams that year and surprisngly the giants twice! and the Hawks! even the Vikings destroyed us with 30 points!


Our D was ranked 15th but it was worst than that IMO when we played a good offensive team we couldn't stop them at all.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/2011.htm


I know because I saw all games that year even when i was in nicargua with the announcers saying GOAL instead of TD I saw us get killed. If I didn't know i wouldn't even bring 011 but its true ...Rank 15th is basically ok but not good because we never handled good offensive teams too well.
I know we had a few bad games and you named them. Actually, I think our D was 13th in 2011. 12th in pass D, aided by our 41 sacks and our run D was 18th, 18th in points. Obviously, we need to do better and if healthy, I believe we have the talent to be much better.

You're forgetting the other games when the D played well. We gave up far less points in 2011. If you put the 2011 defense and 2012 offense together our team wins another game or 2.

Hopefully we get healthy and stay healthy this year and if we do, you'll be eating crow because this D and O has the potential to be top 10 each. Gotta stay healthy though.

Thats because we had OJ Atogwe who was a better FS than any one other than jackson last year and Laron Landry and had like 13 sacks against the rams etc.

Stats dont mean anything to me you know as I know we gotten killed at the CB position and at safety for years we have never had a consistent healthy FS and or SS. We still don't...........our Lb'S also can not cover for crap either .

011 we played less effective offensive teams...I can't name one we didn't this year at all who had a bad O other than philly but they did good the second game.

We can be Ranked 10th and In my eyes will tell me if our D is good or not. Stats are very mis-leading...........our D was not good in either years and hasn't been that good since 2005 and or atleast 2007 which had a decent D that was OK but not great,.
what? to the bolded, lmfao Yes, Atogwe was better than Madieu Williams.

That just helps proves my point that the defense in 2011 was better and if we can stay healthy, and get an upgrade at FS that our defense will be much improved over last years unit.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 8; Final Cuts 31; Reg Season 39
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 3685
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Our D was top 15 in 2011, but keep on saying it was suspect Dashing. Obviously no one is going to change your mind in that, no matter if the defense was twice as good with Orakpo in several categories in 2011 vs what they were last year w/o him.


Dude ranked 15th? we played the rams who had no offense we played a bad jets offensive team and also a bad offensive 49ers team (passing) .

We got destroyed by Dallas and the cardinals scored 21 points the jets scored 33! and did two wildcat plays and scored a TD while we also got destroyed by philly twice and got destroyed by the Dolphins and the patriots along with the Buffalo Bills.

I don't see how you can say we where a good defensive team. The only team we took it head on was the pathetic rams that year and surprisngly the giants twice! and the Hawks! even the Vikings destroyed us with 30 points!


Our D was ranked 15th but it was worst than that IMO when we played a good offensive team we couldn't stop them at all.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/2011.htm


I know because I saw all games that year even when i was in nicargua with the announcers saying GOAL instead of TD I saw us get killed. If I didn't know i wouldn't even bring 011 but its true ...Rank 15th is basically ok but not good because we never handled good offensive teams too well.
I know we had a few bad games and you named them. Actually, I think our D was 13th in 2011. 12th in pass D, aided by our 41 sacks and our run D was 18th, 18th in points. Obviously, we need to do better and if healthy, I believe we have the talent to be much better.

You're forgetting the other games when the D played well. We gave up far less points in 2011. If you put the 2011 defense and 2012 offense together our team wins another game or 2.

Hopefully we get healthy and stay healthy this year and if we do, you'll be eating crow because this D and O has the potential to be top 10 each. Gotta stay healthy though.

Thats because we had OJ Atogwe who was a better FS than any one other than jackson last year and Laron Landry and had like 13 sacks against the rams etc.

Stats dont mean anything to me you know as I know we gotten killed at the CB position and at safety for years we have never had a consistent healthy FS and or SS. We still don't...........our Lb'S also can not cover for crap either .

011 we played less effective offensive teams...I can't name one we didn't this year at all who had a bad O other than philly but they did good the second game.

We can be Ranked 10th and In my eyes will tell me if our D is good or not. Stats are very mis-leading...........our D was not good in either years and hasn't been that good since 2005 and or atleast 2007 which had a decent D that was OK but not great,.
what? to the bolded, lmfao Yes, Atogwe was better than Madieu Williams.

That just helps proves my point that the defense in 2011 was better and if we can stay healthy, and get an upgrade at FS that our defense will be much improved over last years unit.


LOL whatever bro.


Even with Landry and OJ our D still wasn't that good thats my point. IDK why you feel our D was good when it wasn't heck! even 08-09 D was way better than how it is now . We will have problems because of our D and will be our downfall . Im gonna wait and see but 3 years we should be top 10 by now on D not 20-30 or 15th any longer we have had enough time to make the D better .

Again 10-6 last year so Ill be quiet I was wrong about our record last year so im not always right.
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXTNES_L3s0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJ8_uNMM_I&list=LLRM2s0GoIPWV7foTBLfFMRw&feature=mh_lolz
^^^^I like to I like to I like to ^_^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group