Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TTB's Mock Draft and Mad Science Extravaganza!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive first post here, TTB! Love the thought and time you put into this so old farts like me can be educated without spending all the time ourselves! Smile

I feel like the pick is going to be Mingo as well. I get the feeling they think they can fill OG and CB in the next couple rounds easier than if they take Rhodes and try to find an impact DE in rounds 2 or 3. The knock on him seems to be that he's lighter and a speed guy, but that was the same knock on Kearse who turned out very well for us. Sadly, I don't think Mingo is the same player, but he's of that mold.

Mingo's lack of production scares me too. I have read that people attribute that to the system he played in but I always get nervous when players get drafted much higher than their production would indicate. Seems like lots of teams fall in love with players combine numbers and forget that football skills and production mean more than a shuttle run or 40 time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
I like most of the picks except Mingo. He's a 4-s 3 DE. He's too light and weaker than ever. That would honestly be one of the worst picks they could make

I guess I see us copying what the Seahawks did with Irvin.

How comparable do you see Irvin and Mingo?

It's a solid comparison but correct if I'm wrong, wasn't Irvin the SLB with the occasional hand in dirt like we do with Ayers. I don't see Mingo as that because I wouldn't trust him as a LB. Also Irvin has good strength.

Based on the videos I've seen Irvin played more DE, but was occasionally used as a rush LB. And yes Irvin is stronger. But I don't think Mingo looks as weak in game tape as what his reputation is. He gets some push on SEC tackles at times and I'm sure he will get stronger in the NFL. With that said though, I don't think he will ever be a three down player unless he can be a LB in a 3-4. But strength is never going to be his game. He will use his speed and athleticism to get sacks and he can cover the flat well.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
NhTitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That draft is pretty much bang on. Well done Sir!

I think Mingo will be the pick if he's there. I would love it!

I have a funny feeling Trufant might fall to us in the second round, I would prefer Trufant. Alonso and Winters are great picks. Matt Summers Gavin as well. All favourites of mine.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Very impressive first post here, TTB! Love the thought and time you put into this so old farts like me can be educated without spending all the time ourselves! Smile

I feel like the pick is going to be Mingo as well. I get the feeling they think they can fill OG and CB in the next couple rounds easier than if they take Rhodes and try to find an impact DE in rounds 2 or 3. The knock on him seems to be that he's lighter and a speed guy, but that was the same knock on Kearse who turned out very well for us. Sadly, I don't think Mingo is the same player, but he's of that mold.

Mingo's lack of production scares me too. I have read that people attribute that to the system he played in but I always get nervous when players get drafted much higher than their production would indicate. Seems like lots of teams fall in love with players combine numbers and forget that football skills and production mean more than a shuttle run or 40 time.

Thanks TR!

I agree that the drop off at DE is more than CB and OG. I wonder if there is an outside chance that Rhodes could fall to our second pick. Hayden and Milliner seem to be locks to go before him and if there is a team that likes truant, banks, etc more, who knows? Unlikely, but crazier things have happened.

His production is comparable to Irvin's.

Irvin: 40tkl 16tfl 9sack
Mingo: 38tkl 8.5tfl 4.5sack

And when you consider the difference between playing in the SEC vs. not you could say that the stats are close in weight.

Adopt-A-Titan:
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol he had half the sacks and TFL, and somehow those are comparable Laughing

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
lol he had half the sacks and TFL, and somehow those are comparable Laughing

Depends on ones view of the SEC and how it stacks up against other conferences. I think it's magnified on a speed rushers game. They are going to be able to straight abuse lower levels of competition.

Adopt-A-Titan:
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to recap, we had three confirmed visits as picks this year (Warmack, Schwenke, Wooten) and I'd be willing to bet Hunter was in as a local visit and it didn't really get reported. So overall I think my initial reasoning was sound...I just guessed the wrong guys in my mock.

Adopt-A-Titan:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: