Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I don't buy the LT hype
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:

This, most of this is BA's fault. I don't blame him for wanting a longterm deal, but if you have so much confidence in your abilities, play on the tag and prove it. Another part is I think the Chiefs want to get rid of that 9 mil this year, whether by signing BA or drafting someone.

Easy for you to say. You don't have to worry about a career ending injury every time you go to work.

It's about $36 million dollars for 4 years and more guaranteed money than $9M.
Mongo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
I don't see why he can't just happily play for the F-tag money and audition the year to get his next fat contract in 2014. Just suck it up, Branden. What is it? like 9 million dollars to play a game? Poor guy.

Branden Albert at LT and Fisher/Joeckel a RT for a year. After the season, Albert can run for the long-term fat contract hills... Joeckel or Fisher shift to LT... done. This give the offense its best chance to function well right outta the gate in a tough year 1 development. This gives Stephenson or whoever is on the roster two full offseasons to get their stuff together and step up to start in 2014.

I always find it disturbing when a fan decides what an athlete should be "happy" with. Albert would be an idiot not to get the best deal he can, if someone's paying.

I do think your proposal for keeping Albert and drafting his replacement isn't a bad idea. Kind of like how Tyron Smith started in DAL. Still, if you aren't keeping BA long term, I'd rather get the R2 for him now.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why after 5 years of proving himself in the NFL, should he HAVE to prove it once again?

I really am kind of shocked with the amount of people holding any kind of animosity towards Albert for this. I saw less of this last year with Bowe holding out all the way until the last minute, and Bowe had a history of being a moron, whereas Albert has a history of keeping his head down and doing work.

^ryknowssd on the sig
samsel23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should have worded it better. I don't blame Albert for wanting a longterm deal at all. He's looking out for himself. But he also has to look at it from the other side. The chiefs organization has done everything right.

If he doesn't like the deal J. Long got, does he really think he would have gotten that much more, if any at all?

He has 9 Mil guarenteed staring him in the face, with the chance to earn a bigger contract and more guarenteed money next year.

Again I dont blame him in the slightest, he's just looking at this one sided. He has a chance to earn MORE guarenteed next year + his 9 mil this year.

Unless he has serious concerns about his back, I can't see him not getting a bigger contract than Long next year.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
samsel23 wrote:

This, most of this is BA's fault. I don't blame him for wanting a longterm deal, but if you have so much confidence in your abilities, play on the tag and prove it. Another part is I think the Chiefs want to get rid of that 9 mil this year, whether by signing BA or drafting someone.

Easy for you to say. You don't have to worry about a career ending injury every time you go to work.

It'd be alot easier for me to say if I had a chance to actually earn that kind of money and 9 mil staring me in the face.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
Mongo wrote:
samsel23 wrote:

It'd be alot easier for me to say if I had a chance to actually earn that kind of money and 9 mil staring me in the face.

I hear you. If I had that ability, I'd be doing exactly what BA is doing. Trying to get as much as I can.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all would. It's easy for us as non-professional-money-makers to say. They're so greedy, that is so much money, they are horrible people.

Let's be honest folks, what is the one thing rich people want...MORE MONEY. And this is how they get what they want. Acting like this makes BA selfish or not a team player, is silly. Look how well the "team player" worked out for Brady...Pats turned around and dumped all over his favorite target...signing a VERY injury prone lesser version.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: