Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Something different before Draft Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Something different before Draft Day Reply with quote

Just thought of something quick and fun. Should be pretty interesting.
Think of 9 players (no more, no less) that you feel would benefit this team the most. That means benefit THE RAMS, not necessarily the best player. So for instance, you probably wouldn't want to put Luke Joekel for the fact that he's a strict LT and we have Jake Long. You probably wouldn't want to pick Geno Smith with us having Sam. Now if you do feel they would benefit us for whatever reason, then go ahead and pick them and explain.
In addition, do it as if once you pick one of the players you wrote, you probably wouldn't want to pick another player at that position (unless it was a safety or a WR due to our needs.) For instance, if you picked Chance Warmack, you wouldn't have any use for Jonathan Cooper. One last thing, this is regardless of what round they are expected to be picked in. Just pick the 9 most beneficial players for our team in your opinion and try to rank them if possible. I know 9 is a weird number, but 10 is getting to the point of being a bit of a stretch.

1. Tavon Austin-WR: Dude is just a playmaker and would make us forget about the loss of Amendola.

2. Chance Warmack-OG: The best lineman in the draft who happens to play at our one position along the line that needs to be filled.

3. DeAndre Hopkins-WR: IMO he's the most pro ready receiver. Adding him into the mix would give us a great compliment of receivers between him, Austin, Quick and Givens. Each guy brings something different to the table.

4. Jonathon Cyprien-S: He's my favorite safety of this class and has the ability to play FS or SS. A hard hitter who also has great center feilding skills.

5. Sheldon Richardson-DT: The hometown favorite is also my favorite DT of this year. Would be the perfect compliment to Brockers and this could give us a top 5 DL...maybe even the best Shocked

6. Arthur Brown-OLB: He may not be the best LB in the class, but I think he fits what we are looking for the most. A guy who can blitz, cover, and defend the run all very well.

7. DJ Swearinger-S: I love Swearinger. With us already having Darian Stewart, and with Cyprien already on the list, this pushes him down a bit on our priorites. He's another interchangable safety and pairing him with Cyprien would give us a potentially elite secondary.

8. Le'Veon Bell-HB: Though Bell may not be the most talented HB this year, he compliments our backs more so than the other backs in this class. He offers power and the ability to pass protect. We'd have our own 3 headed monster.

9. DJ Fluker-OT/OG: Fluker may be a bit of a luxury at this point, but taking him would give us some freedom. It would allow us to release Dahl if necessary and plug him in at RG and then wouldn't hand cuff us to Saffold for the following season.

Thoughts? Try one yourself?

I'd like to see everyone's choices

^El Ramster^
Gambino62

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping mine short and sweet.

1. Tavon Austin - Playmaker

2. Chance Warmack - Mauling blocker

3. Jonathan Cyprien - Thundercougarfalconbird

4. Sheldon Richardson - Penetrator

5. Alec Ogletree - True WLB

6. Arthur Brown - Sideline-to-Sideline

7. Larry Warford - NOMNOMNOM

8. Markus Wheaton - Tavon Light

9. Tyrann Mathieu - Honey Badger

Kempes on the sig, El ramster on the avy.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Tavon Austin
2. Sheldon Richardson
3. Jonathan Cyprien
4. Star Lotulelei
5. Justin Hunter
6. Matt Elam
7. Eddie Lacy
8. Alec Ogletree
9. Johnthan Banks
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1- Chance Warmack OG Alabama
Guys is a monster and would make one scary foundation to the OL with Jake Long. We would would be setting up a Line that could Dominate in the run game and keep Sam clean.
2- Tavon Austin WR West Virgina
I feel like we have made a fundamental change in the philosophy out of the slot. But there is no denying what he could bring to this offense. He is the most exciting/dynamic weapon in the draft. And he also solves the search for a Return man.
3- Alec Ogletree LB Georgia
Ive said it before and I ll say it again, he is the new age LB. Guy can chase, cover, tackle, and has the skill set to be a good pass rusher. He is what teams will covet in the more spread out & faster NFL.
4- Sheldon Richardson DT Mizzou
We've got a monster in the middle (as well as another solid guy) but Sheldon becomes that Penetrator and disruptive force in the middle of the D that every team is always searching for.
5- Keenan Allen WR Cal
We have dynamic weapons (Quick, Givens, Cook, and now Austin) we need that reliable WR. The go-to guy on 3rd & 7 where we need to move the chains. I still say he is the best Wide Receiver in the draft.
6- Jonathan Cyprien S FIU
I still have faith in Darian Stewart, and I think these two could be a good and interchangeable parts in the secondary. Cyp may not be the best Safety in the class (although I would argue he is) but he sure has the most upside.
7- Kyle Long OL Oregon
Long is a nasty lineman who has a ton of untapped potential and is extremely versatile. I dont know what Rok is goign to be this year, but I sure know that Saffold isnt going to be here next year and KL's best spot is going to be RT. Thats one nasty OL for the foreseeable future
8- Barrett Jones OL Alabama
Yep, another OL. Our line was still crap last year and I dont trust Scott Wells to be healthy. You need 6 O-lineman at least in the NFL, and with Jones & Rok we have some great depth. Again, I dont trust Scott Wells much longer and that alone drives this pick.
9- Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
Yes, he is the best RB in this draft by a LONG SHOT. Eddie Lacey shouldnt be a Top 50 pick in my mind, and a Lattimore without a Knee could/should still be a Top 100 pick. Once he gets healthy after this season, Marcus will be a Top 10 RB in 2014.
MISTA314

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavon Austin- DUUUHHHHHH

Matt Elam- Bob Sanders without the injuries

Chance Warmack-I just like his haircut Laughing

Larry Warford- IMO the best run blocker in the draft

DeAndre Hopkins- I just love his attitude for a WR

Sheldon Richardson- 314 native that drips with confidence

Christian Michael- rolling ball of butcher knives

Kenny Vaccaro- Cortland Finnegan with size NASTY

Alec Ogltree- New era of LB
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
1- Chance Warmack OG Alabama
Guys is a monster and would make one scary foundation to the OL with Jake Long. We would would be setting up a Line that could Dominate in the run game and keep Sam clean.
2- Tavon Austin WR West Virgina
I feel like we have made a fundamental change in the philosophy out of the slot. But there is no denying what he could bring to this offense. He is the most exciting/dynamic weapon in the draft. And he also solves the search for a Return man.
3- Alec Ogletree LB Georgia
Ive said it before and I ll say it again, he is the new age LB. Guy can chase, cover, tackle, and has the skill set to be a good pass rusher. He is what teams will covet in the more spread out & faster NFL.
4- Sheldon Richardson DT Mizzou
We've got a monster in the middle (as well as another solid guy) but Sheldon becomes that Penetrator and disruptive force in the middle of the D that every team is always searching for.
5- Keenan Allen WR Cal
We have dynamic weapons (Quick, Givens, Cook, and now Austin) we need that reliable WR. The go-to guy on 3rd & 7 where we need to move the chains. I still say he is the best Wide Receiver in the draft.
6- Jonathan Cyprien S FIU
I still have faith in Darian Stewart, and I think these two could be a good and interchangeable parts in the secondary. Cyp may not be the best Safety in the class (although I would argue he is) but he sure has the most upside.
7- Kyle Long OL Oregon
Long is a nasty lineman who has a ton of untapped potential and is extremely versatile. I dont know what Rok is goign to be this year, but I sure know that Saffold isnt going to be here next year and KL's best spot is going to be RT. Thats one nasty OL for the foreseeable future
8- Barrett Jones OL Alabama
Yep, another OL. Our line was still crap last year and I dont trust Scott Wells to be healthy. You need 6 O-lineman at least in the NFL, and with Jones & Rok we have some great depth. Again, I dont trust Scott Wells much longer and that alone drives this pick.
9- Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
Yes, he is the best RB in this draft by a LONG SHOT. Eddie Lacey shouldnt be a Top 50 pick in my mind, and a Lattimore without a Knee could/should still be a Top 100 pick. Once he gets healthy after this season, Marcus will be a Top 10 RB in 2014.
I really like this list and your reasoning. I'm very high on Warmack as well, he's going to be one of, if not the best guard in the NFL at some point. Pairing him with Long would be absolutely amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavon Austin
Chance Warmack
Kenny Vaccaro
Tyrann Mathieu
Robert Woods
Kyle Long
Phillip Thomas
Arthur Brown
Robbie Rouse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
1. Tavon Austin
2. Sheldon Richardson
3. Jonathan Cyprien
4. Star Lotulelei
5. Justin Hunter
6. Matt Elam
7. Eddie Lacy
8. Alec Ogletree
9. Johnthan Banks

You would want star and Sheldon even with us already having brockers?

^El Ramster^
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
1. Tavon Austin
2. Sheldon Richardson
3. Jonathan Cyprien
4. Star Lotulelei
5. Justin Hunter
6. Matt Elam
7. Eddie Lacy
8. Alec Ogletree
9. Johnthan Banks

Absolutely, I think both are worthy of top 10 selections, and you can never have enough Defensive Lineman. I actually prefer those two over the two Guards.
Topram

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
1. Tavon Austin
2. Sheldon Richardson
3. Jonathan Cyprien
4. Star Lotulelei
5. Justin Hunter
6. Matt Elam
7. Eddie Lacy
8. Alec Ogletree
9. Johnthan Banks

Richardson would be a great addition for the Rams. If we added Richardson to our DL, we would pretty much shut down anyone's run game. Additionally, in the pass rush game, exactly how many of our DL men could an OC double team?

The proven, best way to shut down elite QBs is to get them out of their rhythm...or just sack them, and that is what Richardson would turn or DL into. He would be a 'force multiplier'.

With pick 22 and our 2nd round pick, we could still pick up a starting safety and guard. Or safety and OLB.

You can't fix everything with one pick or one draft; nor can we get a true elite WR in this draft. But we still have 2 1st round picks in 2014, and if their is a truly elite WR in the 2014 draft, we would be able to trade up and get him.

There's a 100 ways to look at any draft and a team's needs. THis is just one, but I think it is the best option for us. Of course, Richardson is probably gone by the time we pick, but he just might fall because of other teams needs.

I might even consider trading up a couple slots to get him, but we need all the early picks we can get in this draft, so we can't trade up this year.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. T.Austin WR - We all know why we would need him
2. DJ Swearinger S - Menacing safety that can play both positions
3. B.Winters OG - Underrated aggressive physical guard
4. Ogletree OLB - Dominant OLB who can cover anyone you throw at him
5. C.Harper WR - Every thing we could want or need on the outside.Boldin
6. S.Floyd DT - Penetrating DT to pair with Brockers for next 10 years
7. J.Poyer CB - Reminds me of Finnegan and can learn from him.Tenacious
8. M. Elam - Loved this kid from the gate. Playmaker
9. C.Michael - We have enough talent at RB to take a shot at a freak

Honorable mention: Rex Burkhead - He'd fit in quite nicely with our 1/2.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
1. Tavon Austin
2. Sheldon Richardson
3. Jonathan Cyprien
4. Star Lotulelei
5. Justin Hunter
6. Matt Elam
7. Eddie Lacy
8. Alec Ogletree
9. Johnthan Banks

Absolutely, I think both are worthy of top 10 selections, and you can never have enough Defensive Lineman. I actually prefer those two over the two Guards.

While I agree, I think it would be wasting either brockers, richardsons, or lotuleileis talent if all three were on the roster. Or at the vey least limiting it

^El Ramster^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: