Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Offseason Discussion: Bucs Get Revis, Jets Get #13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
All I can say is boo hoo. Hes honestly being a little girl about this. You had a chance to compete and you didn't seize the opportunity. Millions of people would kill to be in his position and hes complaining.
You are completely missing the point of what Pead even said. And quite honestly being completely insensitive toward a guy who was actually honest for once instead of the same cookie cutter lines we hear every time they are asked a question.

These type of reactions from fans, and the ignorant bashing from idiot talking heads on the radio are the reason players never speak the truth and only regurgitate the same "one game at a time" crap that we are immune to at this point.

From what little Pead was quoted in that article, it sounded as though he was lonely and uncomfortable in his new surroundings, and then was disappointed by things that happened at work. It also sounds like he is ready to get past it.
Exactly, which I cant fault him for feeling that way, especially being caught behind the 8-ball because of the dumb graduation rule. Especially if he is ready to move on. He wasnt trying to look for sympathy or share some sour grapes, he was just being honest and sharing his journey thus far.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
All I can say is boo hoo. Hes honestly being a little girl about this. You had a chance to compete and you didn't seize the opportunity. Millions of people would kill to be in his position and hes complaining.
You are completely missing the point of what Pead even said. And quite honestly being completely insensitive toward a guy who was actually honest for once instead of the same cookie cutter lines we hear every time they are asked a question.

These type of reactions from fans, and the ignorant bashing from idiot talking heads on the radio are the reason players never speak the truth and only regurgitate the same "one game at a time" crap that we are immune to at this point.

From what little Pead was quoted in that article, it sounded as though he was lonely and uncomfortable in his new surroundings, and then was disappointed by things that happened at work. It also sounds like he is ready to get past it.
Exactly, which I cant fault him for feeling that way, especially being caught behind the 8-ball because of the dumb graduation rule. Especially if he is ready to move on. He wasnt trying to look for sympathy or share some sour grapes, he was just being honest and sharing his journey thus far.

I agree. He will settle in and be back to his normal confidence level soon enough.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets just hope he shows the explosion he started to show at the end of last season. If so, we might have a good one on our hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wa4tXVc7MA

Love the run at the 0:20 mark, shows explosion and open field wiggle
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Emcee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Emcee wrote:
Remind me, does the draft actually start at 8:30 EST, or is that the beginning of coverage and picks start closer to 9:00? (And same for Day 2.)

I thought it started at 8 PM EST?

LOL my bad, got mixed up with Friday's 6:30 time.

So do the picks start at 8 or just major coverage?
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emcee wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Emcee wrote:
Remind me, does the draft actually start at 8:30 EST, or is that the beginning of coverage and picks start closer to 9:00? (And same for Day 2.)

I thought it started at 8 PM EST?

LOL my bad, got mixed up with Friday's 6:30 time.

So do the picks start at 8 or just major coverage?

I think the #1 team usually go on the clock pretty soon after the introduction by Goodell, so I's say like between 8:05-8:15 the draft clock starts...

IDOG_det on the sig...
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be shocked if the clock started before 830 pm EST.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:

I'm pretty sure it was rolling by 8:15 last year...

Could be wrong though, either way I won't be able to wait!!!

IDOG_det on the sig...
iRaMs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:

So like 730 central time?

Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Hey bud, I gotta make a new thread since this one is over 100 pages, but I don't wanna steal your thunder, plus you've been doing a solid job keeping us updated by editing the title. Would you care to do the honors of making a part deux? Or...part...dos?

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
chris00cm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In before the lock Wink

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Jonezy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
In before the lock Wink

FTW Very Happy

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
S-jax39

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:

I agree. He will settle in and be back to his normal confidence level soon enough.

I get exactly what he was saying. He was lonely, but at the same time he knew EXACTLY what he was signed up for. He was disappointed he didn't get a chance to play, that's understandable too. But you have a guy whos rushed for over 10,000 yards and another impressive rookie in front of you. You were given an opportunity and you didn't grasp it.

Then you throw in this quote...

I'm not going to sit and linger on something, but I am one to not forget about a situation," Pead said. "I am moving on from last year, last year is last year, but I have not forgot about last year. I wouldn't call it revenge, but the chip that I put on my shoulder is just a little bigger."

And he just sounds bitter.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsfan28 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Hey bud, I gotta make a new thread since this one is over 100 pages, but I don't wanna steal your thunder, plus you've been doing a solid job keeping us updated by editing the title. Would you care to do the honors of making a part deux? Or...part...dos?

You got it boss! I'll drum it up now, if you wanna sticky it...

IDOG_det on the sig...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101
Page 101 of 101

Jump to: