Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hokie Mock 3.0 (final)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hokie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Hokie Mock 3.0 (final) Reply with quote

Note: This is how I think the draft unfolds for the Bengals. They're not my picks. My own picks (how I would do it) is underneath each pick.

1. Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International

Thereís talk the Bengals go RB (Lacy) here, but Iím not buying it. Lacy is a good fit for the AFC North, but thereís a decent chance heíll be available at 37 and safety is a more pressing need. Cyprien is my favorite safety in this draft. Thereís a lot to like about him; heís great against the run, has good size, has explosive leaping ability, and matches up well with TEs. Heís a vocal leader as well. I think thereís a good chance the Bengals trade down a few picks here, but Cyprien is my pick.

(If I was GM: WR Justin Hunter)

2A D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston

Marvin recently said ďyou can never have enough DL and CBĒ, and itís no secret the Bengals really like Hayden. Hayden would add to the Bengals already outstanding CB depth, and maybe even push Kirkpatrick a bit. Heís a very good zone corner who is very tough against the run. Heís fast. Reminds me a bit of Leon Hall. Has some medical concerns after suffering a life-threatening injury late in the season.

(If I was GM: S Eric Reid)

2B Jonathan Franklin, RB, UCLA

I struggled with this pick (between RB, LB, OL, and WR). I think Bernard (and Lacy) is off the board here. Franklin has great vision, is quick, a fierce competitor and outstanding locker room presence, good pass-catcher, and good blocker. Would be a very solid compliment to BJGE. Heís best suited for a complimentary role, which is what weíre drafting him for.

(If I was GM: LB Khaseem Greene)

3. Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU

Classic Bengals pick here. Has good size, a good motor, good closing speed. Didnít give 100% at all times and interviewed poorly at the Combine. Wouldnít play much as a rookie but would add depth for 2014, in case the Bengals lose some of their DE depth (Johnson or Dunlap). Could be a solid contributor if coached up. Has the frame to add some weight. May not be available here.

(If I was GM: RB Andre Ellington)

4. Josh Boyce, WR, TCU

Bengals tab Daltonís former teammate here. Boyce improved his draft stock by running an electric 40 time (4.38 ). Very strong for his size (5í11). Could develop into a deep-threat receiver for Dalton in time. Adds depth to the receiving core.

(If I was GM: QB Zac Dysert)

5. Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia

His stock fell after performing poorly at the Senior Bowl. Ran a slow 40 time and didnít perform many bench reps at the Combine. Heís solid in pass protection, and could eventually develop into a solid RT if he improves his strength. Heís a hard worker.

(If I was GM: OG Earl Watford)

6A. Michael Mauti, ILB, Penn St.

Mauti would probably go higher than the 6th if not for being a significant injury risk; heís had three knee surgeries. Has great instincts and is a secure tackler. Another guy with outstanding leadership qualities. Drafting him to be a Skuta replacement.

(If I was GM: S/CB Jamoris Slaughter)

6B. Chris Jones, DT, Bowling Green

Undersized but productive DT prospect (12 sacks last season). Heís strong for his size though, and uses his hands very well. Has great character, and is extremely competitive. Will push Still and Thompson in training camp, and is the kind of guy the Bengals would try to keep on the practice squad.

(If I was GM: Chris Jones, DT, Bowling Green)

7A. Charles Johnson, WR, Grand Valley St.

Great size/speed combination (6í2, 4.39). 39 Ĺ inch vertical leap. Decent chance he isnít available here, as he appears to be moving up some draft boards. Clearly didnít play against a high level of competition, but he has outstanding measurables. I donít think he makes it this far to be honest, but Iíd be thrilled to have him here.

(If I was GM: WR Charles Johnson)

7B. Jake Stoneburner, TE, Ohio St.

Just seems like a Bengal pick. Has good speed for the position, but needs to improve his blocking. Is a bit of a tweener who Iím not as high on as some.

(If I was GM: DE Rufus Johnson)

I don't think the Andre situation has much of an impact on the draft. I would have went with a coverage LB but I don't see much of a need for it, since they're likely going to re-sign Howard.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fan of the first 3 rounds. I think Franklin can be great

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks good. If we take Hayden, it will tell how the coaches feel about our depth CBs (Prater, Ghee). I still think that is a smokescreen.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Hayden makes it to 37.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
I don't think Hayden makes it to 37.

Too many corner needy teams and end of round 1

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: