Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bill Polian changes his tune? Idiot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Bill Polian changes his tune? Idiot Reply with quote

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130417/SPORTS03/304170066/Changing-his-tune-Polian-says-You-ve-got-try-win-every-game-

Quote:
During a morning appearance on ESPN’s “Mike and Mike in the Morning’’ radio show, the former long-time Colts’ executive emphasized it’s a disservice to paying fans when professional teams decide to sit front-line players in games at the end of the regular season in an attempt to improve playoff position. Polian’s caveat was a team would be justified in holding out a player or players if it was concerned with possible injuries.

“You’ve got to try and win every game,” Polian said.

For the record, I was one of the few Colt's fans (and football fans in general) who defended the decision to sit the players because a perfect regular season means nothng if you don't win the SB. Now I took a lot of flack for defending that decision but felt redeemed when the team made it to the SB. Obviously I would have liked for us to win but in the end I still hold no ill regard for that decision.

This however is inexcusable. Either he thinks we are naive. Or he is suggesting that it was Irsay's decision to sit the players and not his or Caldwell's (as if anyone really believed Caldwell had a say in anything) And of course we get nothing from Mike Greenberg in the way of true journalism by calling him out on the hypocrisy in what he just said.
Nobody

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, now in angry at what could've been.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never agreed with sitting players. No matter your record you should give it your all every game. You have just as much risk to get injured in Week 17 as you do in Week 1.
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
I never agreed with sitting players. No matter your record you should give it your all every game. You have just as much risk to get injured in Week 17 as you do in Week 1.

Yeah, I was there that game, was pretty POed myself, along with 60k fans!
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hating Polian more now. Thank god I don't live in Indy. I'd be torn at that moment in time, hoping they go for 16-0 but not wanting to miss out on the slim chance they tried.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: