Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Let's Deal - Darrelle Revis (REPORT: Revis Deal Imminent)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
indifference wrote:
A good read on the impact of the caliber of a player in Revis. Goldson will be helping off the #2 CB and slots while Barron should be playing close to the LOS shutting the run game down. If I'm playing TB, I'd have to say attacking our linebackers would be the best way to beat us in the air. LaVonte David and Foster will be attacked early on IMO on first and 2nd down.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/4/21/4248924/darrelle-revis-trade-buccaneers-defense-scheme/in/3860609

I think David will do rather well in pass defense. It's Foster and the starting SLB that I'm more worried about.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
indifference wrote:
A good read on the impact of the caliber of a player in Revis. Goldson will be helping off the #2 CB and slots while Barron should be playing close to the LOS shutting the run game down. If I'm playing TB, I'd have to say attacking our linebackers would be the best way to beat us in the air. LaVonte David and Foster will be attacked early on IMO on first and 2nd down.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/4/21/4248924/darrelle-revis-trade-buccaneers-defense-scheme/in/3860609

I think David will do rather well in pass defense. It's Foster and the starting SLB that I'm more worried about.
Its been out for awhile now bud, David was one of the worst coverage linebackers in the NFL last year. Foster was WAY better in coverage than David last year. David gave up like 4 or 5 td's last season and his completion rate on passes his way was up there. Foster didn't field as many snaps as David did but in any case, Foster is way ahead of David in pass defense.

Not concerned with the SLB. They barley play these days. Black was on the field on the first two downs and was off the very next play. And even when he came in, Black didn't even do much the play was already over before he got there.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
indifference wrote:

Its been out for awhile now bud, David was one of the worst coverage linebackers in the NFL last year. Foster was WAY better in coverage than David last year. David gave up like 4 or 5 td's last season and his completion rate on passes his way was up there. Foster didn't field as many snaps as David did but in any case, Foster is way ahead of David in pass defense.

Not concerned with the SLB. They barley play these days. Black was on the field on the first two downs and was off the very next play. And even when he came in, Black didn't even do much the play was already over before he got there.

My mistake. Guess I was just enamored with his plays behind the LOS that I assumed he did fine in pass. Just been a while since I've seen him play on the field and I forgot with the busyness of the end of a college semester. None the less I think he improves in that category this year.

With taking what you said about SLB into consideration, do you think we draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round or just start The dude from the Saints we got in FA?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:

My mistake. Guess I was just enamored with his plays behind the LOS that I assumed he did fine in pass. Just been a while since I've seen him play on the field and I forgot with the busyness of the end of a college semester. None the less I think he improves in that category this year.

With taking what you said about SLB into consideration, do you think we draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round or just start The dude from the Saints we got in FA?
Its all good. I'm not worried about David too much because coverage was a big strength of his. He was great in man-trail technique but with more experience he will get a better feel with zone. It took Foster a couple of years to get where he is at. David is more instinctive and a better athlete.

I think we'll start the guy we picked up from the Saints if we don't get a "LEO" in the early rounds. I'd say if we have a chance to trade up for Jarvis Jones or take a guy like Sio Moore in the 3rd round, there's your answer. I like Moore plenty because he can play 1st and 2nd downs and then move to DE on thirds and bring that speed rush we lack. We'll see what happens but I wouldn't be opposed to bring in a SLB in the draft just as long as he brought pass rush ability. If not, then its really just a waste pick.
mfw096

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I just gotta post this as it is so awesome we got Revis Smile haha

The worst secondary last year just became one of the bests in one offseason.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Darrelle Revis throws out the first pitch at the Yankees-Rays game.

Video of the pitch:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-buccaneers/0ap2000000162424/Darrelle-Revis-throws-the-first-pitch-at-Rays-game
Tom Brady Tribute
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^
STRIKE BABY!

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
BuczNGator5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on what number Revis will wear? On his wiki page, it has Tampa Bay Buccaneers #25. But I haven't seen it anywhere else.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuczNGator5 wrote:
Any word on what number Revis will wear? On his wiki page, it has Tampa Bay Buccaneers #25. But I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Yeah I have no clue for sure, but considering we have a franchise player already wearing #24, it doesnt surprise me that Revis takes another number. #25 was his college number so I bet thats what he takes. I heard that Barron was big on #24 since he could not keep #4 according to NFL rules. Also, in the PC, Revis held up #1. Revis revealed in the PC that he spoke to Barron about #24 and since he was holding up #1 I bet that means that Barron does not want to give up #24, or its not for sale. Either way I dont see Revis easily getting #24, if at all. #25 was his college number and a number he can change to and start a new in in Tampa.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
JoeBucsFan is reporting that Revis paid the hard-hitting Barron $50,000 for the No. 24 according to reports.

It is unknown whether or not any athlete has paid a higher sum for their jersey number of preference. Revis of course has worn 24 his entire career.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/06/darrelle-revis-paid-mark-barron-50k-for-no-24/

Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74
Page 74 of 74

Jump to: