Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Say the Saints do find that coveted trade partner?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3434
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Say the Saints do find that coveted trade partner? Reply with quote

It is my belief that the Saints would really like to trade back for additional picks in this draft. So just for a second lets all assume the Saints find the trade partner they are searching for and move the 15th overall pick. Now the Saints (after the trade) find themselves selecting somewhere between picks 25-30. Who are now your top realistic options at this point in the draft?
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 5145
Location: Louisiana (NS922 on the sig)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carradine
_________________

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
krewebrees


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 372
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DE: Datone Jones
1/3-tech: Sylvester Williams
ILB: Arthur Brown
OLB: Jamie Collins
S: Matt Elam
CB: Jonathan Banks
OT: Menelik Watson

Two other players I'd consider in that range are Tank Carradine and Eric Reid.
_________________
Adopt a Saint 2014
Jimmy Graham: 56 rec, 594yds, 7 TDs
Kasim Edebali: 7 tckl, 2 sck, 1 ff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spanky3801


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 251
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon Sandcastle
_________________
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/292/saitns.png
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3434
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I look at it, it seems like Jarvis Jones at 15 or bust. Having said that, if JJ is already gone by 15 and or the Saints have removed him from the board due to medical concerns... this draft is primed for a trade back from the 15th selection.

At 15 I have a good feeling that a coveted player in this drat... someone whom the Saints may not be interested in but others will, will make our pick a valuable asset once we go on the clock.

Players that seem to be prime guys to possibly make our pick one in high demand are...

Tavon Austin
Cordarrelle Patterson
Chance Warmack
Jonathan Cooper
Geno Smith
Ryan Nassib
Kenny Vaccaro
Tyler Eifert
DJ Fluker
DJ Hayden
Bjoern Werner

I can honestly see any of these guys (if available) targets for a trade up from teams at the lower half who feel they may be just one player away and at 15 the price won't be as expensive.

If the Saints are willing to accept a package of picks starting from the 3rd round down, I think a deal will get done on draft day for the 15th pick.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 4957
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spanky3801 wrote:
Leon Sandcastle


No way he's making it out of the top 1 pick.
_________________

Brandin Cooks - 53 receptions, 550 yards, 25 first downs, 3 TD - 7 rushes, 73 yards, 4 first downs, 1 TD
Corey White - 44 tackles, 2 INT, 1 sack, 6 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 4957
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we draft Bjorn Werner I'm breaking things.
_________________

Brandin Cooks - 53 receptions, 550 yards, 25 first downs, 3 TD - 7 rushes, 73 yards, 4 first downs, 1 TD
Corey White - 44 tackles, 2 INT, 1 sack, 6 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
101stSaintsFan


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 2121
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
If we draft Bjorn Werner I'm breaking things.


What?! Why?
_________________


2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson
ATT YDS TD LONG
I STOPPED CARING.

Keenan Lewis
T PD INT
STILL DONT CARE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3434
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

101stSaintsFan wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
If we draft Bjorn Werner I'm breaking things.


What?! Why?


Agreed... curious why, I actually think Werner would be a solid pick. Sure maybe not the sexiest but solid.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
navysaintsfan


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 11325
Location: Frednecksburg, VA
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
If we draft Bjorn Werner I'm breaking things.


What?! Why?


Agreed... curious why, I actually think Werner would be a solid pick. Sure maybe not the sexiest but solid.


For starters, isn't he solidly projected as only a 4-3 end? I haven't seen anywhere where any scouts could see him in a 3-4 as a OLB or end.
_________________

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 45 Tkls 4 PD 1 SCK 2 INTs
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kelsobob


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 43
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Say the Saints do find that coveted trade partner? Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
It is my belief that the Saints would really like to trade back for additional picks in this draft. So just for a second lets all assume the Saints find the trade partner they are searching for and move the 15th overall pick. Now the Saints (after the trade) find themselves selecting somewhere between picks 25-30. Who are now your top realistic options at this point in the draft?

Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
Tank Carradine, 3-4 OLB, Fl St
Datone Jones, 3-4 DE UCLA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 4957
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
If we draft Bjorn Werner I'm breaking things.


What?! Why?


Agreed... curious why, I actually think Werner would be a solid pick. Sure maybe not the sexiest but solid.


Haven't you heard? We're running a 3-4 now. Wink

He would be a HUGE project to switch to 3-4 OLB. We can't afford to have a project edge rusher, especially with Martez and Galette already on the roster.
_________________

Brandin Cooks - 53 receptions, 550 yards, 25 first downs, 3 TD - 7 rushes, 73 yards, 4 first downs, 1 TD
Corey White - 44 tackles, 2 INT, 1 sack, 6 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3434
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
If we draft Bjorn Werner I'm breaking things.


What?! Why?


Agreed... curious why, I actually think Werner would be a solid pick. Sure maybe not the sexiest but solid.


Haven't you heard? We're running a 3-4 now. Wink

He would be a HUGE project to switch to 3-4 OLB. We can't afford to have a project edge rusher, especially with Martez and Galette already on the roster.


You do realize that at FSU, when Jenkins was lost to injury it was Werner who was used as a stand up rusher when FSU went into there multi front looks right?

Werner actually was very successful in this formation and it was that combined with the fact that he impressed scouts in LB drills at the FSU proday makes Werner even less a project as a 34 OLB than some other DE prospects.

Ryan does not ask his OLB to drop into coverage much at all if any at times. Werner would fit, he'd be a Ryan Kerrigan type. High motor hustle player that possesses a good get off and knack for getting to the QB.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 4957
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
If we draft Bjorn Werner I'm breaking things.


What?! Why?


Agreed... curious why, I actually think Werner would be a solid pick. Sure maybe not the sexiest but solid.


Haven't you heard? We're running a 3-4 now. Wink

He would be a HUGE project to switch to 3-4 OLB. We can't afford to have a project edge rusher, especially with Martez and Galette already on the roster.


You do realize that at FSU, when Jenkins was lost to injury it was Werner who was used as a stand up rusher when FSU went into there multi front looks right?
Playing as a backup standup rusher in a multi look defense is a bit different than playing a full time 3-4 OLB.

Quote:
Werner actually was very successful in this formation and it was that combined with the fact that he impressed scouts in LB drills at the FSU proday makes Werner even less a project as a 34 OLB than some other DE prospects.
What are the differences between him, Martez, and Galette?

Quote:
Ryan does not ask his OLB to drop into coverage much at all if any at times. Werner would fit, he'd be a Ryan Kerrigan type. High motor hustle player that possesses a good get off and knack for getting to the QB.
Huh? Werner is known for taking plays off if the action isn't on his side, or jogging instead of running at times as well. As for good get off and knack for getting to the QB, why can't Galette or Wilson be that guy for us? Do we really need to spend pick #15 for a guy that will fill the same role as 2 others on the roster?
_________________

Brandin Cooks - 53 receptions, 550 yards, 25 first downs, 3 TD - 7 rushes, 73 yards, 4 first downs, 1 TD
Corey White - 44 tackles, 2 INT, 1 sack, 6 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3434
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
If we draft Bjorn Werner I'm breaking things.


What?! Why?


Agreed... curious why, I actually think Werner would be a solid pick. Sure maybe not the sexiest but solid.


Haven't you heard? We're running a 3-4 now. Wink

He would be a HUGE project to switch to 3-4 OLB. We can't afford to have a project edge rusher, especially with Martez and Galette already on the roster.


You do realize that at FSU, when Jenkins was lost to injury it was Werner who was used as a stand up rusher when FSU went into there multi front looks right?
Playing as a backup standup rusher in a multi look defense is a bit different than playing a full time 3-4 OLB.

Quote:
Werner actually was very successful in this formation and it was that combined with the fact that he impressed scouts in LB drills at the FSU proday makes Werner even less a project as a 34 OLB than some other DE prospects.
What are the differences between him, Martez, and Galette?

Quote:
Ryan does not ask his OLB to drop into coverage much at all if any at times. Werner would fit, he'd be a Ryan Kerrigan type. High motor hustle player that possesses a good get off and knack for getting to the QB.
Huh? Werner is known for taking plays off if the action isn't on his side, or jogging instead of running at times as well. As for good get off and knack for getting to the QB, why can't Galette or Wilson be that guy for us? Do we really need to spend pick #15 for a guy that will fill the same role as 2 others on the roster?


I would not take Werner personally, I was just saying that he is considered a fit in the scheme by scouts.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group