Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Say the Saints do find that coveted trade partner?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Say the Saints do find that coveted trade partner? Reply with quote

It is my belief that the Saints would really like to trade back for additional picks in this draft. So just for a second lets all assume the Saints find the trade partner they are searching for and move the 15th overall pick. Now the Saints (after the trade) find themselves selecting somewhere between picks 25-30. Who are now your top realistic options at this point in the draft?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carradine

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
krewebrees

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DE: Datone Jones
1/3-tech: Sylvester Williams
ILB: Arthur Brown
OLB: Jamie Collins
S: Matt Elam
CB: Jonathan Banks
OT: Menelik Watson

Two other players I'd consider in that range are Tank Carradine and Eric Reid.
spanky3801

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon Sandcastle
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I look at it, it seems like Jarvis Jones at 15 or bust. Having said that, if JJ is already gone by 15 and or the Saints have removed him from the board due to medical concerns... this draft is primed for a trade back from the 15th selection.

At 15 I have a good feeling that a coveted player in this drat... someone whom the Saints may not be interested in but others will, will make our pick a valuable asset once we go on the clock.

Players that seem to be prime guys to possibly make our pick one in high demand are...

Tavon Austin
Cordarrelle Patterson
Chance Warmack
Jonathan Cooper
Geno Smith
Ryan Nassib
Kenny Vaccaro
Tyler Eifert
DJ Fluker
DJ Hayden
Bjoern Werner

I can honestly see any of these guys (if available) targets for a trade up from teams at the lower half who feel they may be just one player away and at 15 the price won't be as expensive.

If the Saints are willing to accept a package of picks starting from the 3rd round down, I think a deal will get done on draft day for the 15th pick.

domepatrol91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spanky3801 wrote:
Leon Sandcastle

No way he's making it out of the top 1 pick.

Brandin Cooks - 53 receptions, 550 yards, 25 first downs, 3 TD - 7 rushes, 73 yards, 4 first downs, 1 TD
Corey White - 44 tackles, 2 INT, 1 sack, 6 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we draft Bjorn Werner I'm breaking things.

Brandin Cooks - 53 receptions, 550 yards, 25 first downs, 3 TD - 7 rushes, 73 yards, 4 first downs, 1 TD
Corey White - 44 tackles, 2 INT, 1 sack, 6 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:

What?! Why?

2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson
ATT YDS TD LONG
I STOPPED CARING.

Keenan Lewis
T PD INT
STILL DONT CARE
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

101stSaintsFan wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:

What?! Why?

Agreed... curious why, I actually think Werner would be a solid pick. Sure maybe not the sexiest but solid.

navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:

What?! Why?

Agreed... curious why, I actually think Werner would be a solid pick. Sure maybe not the sexiest but solid.

For starters, isn't he solidly projected as only a 4-3 end? I haven't seen anywhere where any scouts could see him in a 3-4 as a OLB or end.

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 45 Tkls 4 PD 1 SCK 2 INTs
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
kelsobob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Say the Saints do find that coveted trade partner? Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
It is my belief that the Saints would really like to trade back for additional picks in this draft. So just for a second lets all assume the Saints find the trade partner they are searching for and move the 15th overall pick. Now the Saints (after the trade) find themselves selecting somewhere between picks 25-30. Who are now your top realistic options at this point in the draft?

Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
Tank Carradine, 3-4 OLB, Fl St
Datone Jones, 3-4 DE UCLA
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:

What?! Why?

Haven't you heard? We're running a 3-4 now. Wink

He would be a HUGE project to switch to 3-4 OLB. We can't afford to have a project edge rusher, especially with Martez and Galette already on the roster.

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:

What?! Why?

He would be a HUGE project to switch to 3-4 OLB. We can't afford to have a project edge rusher, especially with Martez and Galette already on the roster.

You do realize that at FSU, when Jenkins was lost to injury it was Werner who was used as a stand up rusher when FSU went into there multi front looks right?

Werner actually was very successful in this formation and it was that combined with the fact that he impressed scouts in LB drills at the FSU proday makes Werner even less a project as a 34 OLB than some other DE prospects.

Ryan does not ask his OLB to drop into coverage much at all if any at times. Werner would fit, he'd be a Ryan Kerrigan type. High motor hustle player that possesses a good get off and knack for getting to the QB.

domepatrol91

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:

What?! Why?

You do realize that at FSU, when Jenkins was lost to injury it was Werner who was used as a stand up rusher when FSU went into there multi front looks right?
Playing as a backup standup rusher in a multi look defense is a bit different than playing a full time 3-4 OLB.

Quote:
Werner actually was very successful in this formation and it was that combined with the fact that he impressed scouts in LB drills at the FSU proday makes Werner even less a project as a 34 OLB than some other DE prospects.
What are the differences between him, Martez, and Galette?

Quote:
Ryan does not ask his OLB to drop into coverage much at all if any at times. Werner would fit, he'd be a Ryan Kerrigan type. High motor hustle player that possesses a good get off and knack for getting to the QB.
Huh? Werner is known for taking plays off if the action isn't on his side, or jogging instead of running at times as well. As for good get off and knack for getting to the QB, why can't Galette or Wilson be that guy for us? Do we really need to spend pick #15 for a guy that will fill the same role as 2 others on the roster?

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:

What?! Why?

Playing as a backup standup rusher in a multi look defense is a bit different than playing a full time 3-4 OLB.

Quote:
What are the differences between him, Martez, and Galette?

Quote:
Huh? Werner is known for taking plays off if the action isn't on his side, or jogging instead of running at times as well. As for good get off and knack for getting to the QB, why can't Galette or Wilson be that guy for us? Do we really need to spend pick #15 for a guy that will fill the same role as 2 others on the roster?

I would not take Werner personally, I was just saying that he is considered a fit in the scheme by scouts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: