Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Mock Draft Thread (Yeah I done it)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
I totally get it.

I just wonder if getting some 'immediate impact' players at 'lower impact' positions might be enough to eek out that extra win or two...vs getting a 'later impact' guy who can be 'elite eventually' but 'limited impact' as a rookie, doesn't put us further away from where we're hopefully headed (Teddy-Clowney).

It's a devils advocate thing though, and i totally get that. There's definitely some merit in that line of thinking.
I think the question there comes back to the discussion about Ansah from the other night. Certainly what you're suggesting works in a vaccuum (and let's be honest, this idea of mine is basically a vaccuum idea as well), but what if they bust? What if Ansah, Mingo or whoever the later impact guy is never develops? That's really the only question I have with that frame of mind. Of course, this if the consideration is to tank for _______.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Tugboat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
I totally get it.

I just wonder if getting some 'immediate impact' players at 'lower impact' positions might be enough to eek out that extra win or two...vs getting a 'later impact' guy who can be 'elite eventually' but 'limited impact' as a rookie, doesn't put us further away from where we're hopefully headed (Teddy-Clowney).

It's a devils advocate thing though, and i totally get that. There's definitely some merit in that line of thinking.
I think the question there comes back to the discussion about Ansah from the other night. Certainly what you're suggesting works in a vaccuum (and let's be honest, this idea of mine is basically a vaccuum idea as well), but what if they bust? What if Ansah, Mingo or whoever the later impact guy is never develops? That's really the only question I have with that frame of mind. Of course, this if the consideration is to tank for _______.

Pretty much. This is very true. Ultimately it comes down to that risk/reward ratio...and where you draw the line. And then you basically just have to hope like crazy that whatever 'risk' factor you took booms, and doesn't bust.

For me, i'm willing to wager that temporary tank for the 'big prize' in hopes the 'risky' pick pans out as well in time. But i can see the other side of it as well.

And there has to be a line in the sand there...as mentioned, for me...Ansah is on the other side of that line. It's just not worth it imo.

But it's a very complex situation.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Todd McShay's latest mock draft we take Fisher at #2 and Geno is there at #33. I hope he's right.

JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:
In Todd McShay's latest mock draft we take Fisher at #2 and Geno is there at #33. I hope he's right.

I'd be okay with that, although the whole OT at #2 thing is a rough one to grasp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over in the mock section I wrote up a mock yesterday involving the Jaguars trading out of #2 because ARI wanted Fisher and thought Jags would really take him (which in reality might be the case). It was a 1 round mock, and I figured I could complete a Jags scenario given that first round.

Jags trade #2 to ARI for #7, #69, 2014 1st.

7: Barkevious Mingo LEO Louisiana State
33: Kyle Long OT/OG Oregon
64: Zavier Gooden OLB Missouri
69: J.J. Wilcox SS Georiga Southern
98: Sanders Commings CB Georiga
135: Oday Aboushi OT/OG Virginia
169: Zac Stacy RB vanderbilt
208: Marcus Cromartie CB Wisconsin

Then obviously the Jags and Cards suck it up and as a result Clowney/Bridgewater in 2014 with the top 2 picks the Jagaurs are lucky enough to have. Very Happy
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Oday falling that much?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
maybe not. I saw one place listing him as going in the 4-5 range. doubt it happens, but maybe somehow he does fall that far.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
maybe not. I saw one place listing him as going in the 4-5 range. doubt it happens, but maybe somehow he does fall that far.

I do like him and think he will be good on the right side for us, just was surprised about the spot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Hey, I'll be hanging out here from time to time now because of the Bradley hire and thought I'd toss out my Jaguars (what I would do) mock. I assumed that FA's Derek Cox & Daryl Smith would be resigned, but not Meester.

(2) DE Bjoern Werner - Florida St [1-#24, Colts 2nd string OLB]
(33) C Barrett Jones - Alabama [4 - #113, Rams 3rd string C]
(66) CB Jamar Taylor - Boise St [2 #54, Dolphins 2nd string CB]
(97) OLB Jamie Collins - Southern Miss [2 #52, Patriots Starting OLB]
(130) DT Cory Grissom - South Florida [UFA, Patriots signed but not on depth chart. Maybe practice squad?]
(161) RB Ray Graham - Pittsburgh [UFA, Texans 3rd string HB]
(194) TE Nick Kasa - Colorado [6 - #172, Raiders 3rd string TE]

Yeah, no QB...not thrilled about that, but felt this would take more than one off-season to fix anyway and something had to give. There were enough needs (and I wanted to draft need-based like Caldwell) that I just took what I felt was the best player I thought might be available at the pick that filled what I saw as a need. As this draft is strong in the trenches, I openly tried to use a significant amount of picks there.

I have thick skin...feel free to rip it apart (or not)!

Found this from last year. Not only did I bomb the FA part, but...well, actual results are in red. Let's just say I don't work for the Jaguars and you're very, very welcome! Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41
Page 41 of 41

Jump to: