Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fed Officials seize control of Pilot Flying J HQ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this gets settled soon either way. I really dont want to have yet another year of questions about ownership being asked in the minicamps rather than football questions.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Hopefully this gets settled soon either way. I really dont want to have yet another year of questions about ownership being asked in the minicamps rather than football questions.

Yes.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but at this point Bengals fans have it good.

1. Consistent owner: Even if he's bad, he's consistently bad. Makes it easy to manage expectations.

2. Same coach: Solid coach and by far the best Mike Brown could get to put up with his shenanigans.

3. Most seasons win roughly half of their games. Wouldn't mediocrity be simply amazing at this point?

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another 3pm presser for Haslam.

This is like the 3rd of 4th time in the last week he's talked with the media.

Just stfu already,

What else does this dude have to say?

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Just stfu already,

Nothing he can say but deny deny deny... Really too late to get out in front of things....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I am in the minority here.....
But personally, I dont mind this about our owner.....in this day and age, the only people with money to buy an NFL franchise either (family) already had it, they own oil, or they got rich in the .com boom.....A man who worked in his fathers truck stop biz...selling Hot Dogs, Diesel and Condoms....into an NFL owner....My Brothers..there are certain type of people who "Get Things" done in this world....and sorry to say, those folks arent always Sunday School Teachers...and Haslem...seems to be the type of man to Get Things done......I personally if I need to get Computer disk X from somewhere in Thailand to the US within 24 hours..its life and death and no time to explain...please give me one of these guys
http://www.novinite.com/media/images/2009-11/photo_verybig_110211.jpg
or
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/stocking/stocking1208/stocking120800771/15216349-portrait-of-a-shady-man-at-his-desk.jpg

I dont need a guy like this for this mission...
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/About/General/2010/10/26/1288050074820/British-financier-Guy-Han-006.jpg

And just speaking from my OWN point of view....Haslem Pops got connections and his Brother is the Gov of Tenn and the family has over 1 Billion dollars...and there is no Dope, Guns or US Security involved....folks with those qualifications and attributes...those type of folks don't go to jail for white collar crime.....not to mention the NFL owners voted UNANIMOUSLY to approve him...now they dont want egg on their faces either, further connections and favors will be called in......Yall Haslem is about to do as much jail time as the CEO's from Enron.....LOL...

Jail time gets doled out for folks who do a LOT less for a MUCH better reason....

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.

Last edited by DaWg_LB. on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Just stfu already,

"I'm guilty, they caught me, and I'm transferring ownership to my wife/son/neighbor."

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:

Jail time gets doled out for folks who do a LOT less for a MUCH better reason....

Sad, true.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:

Sad, true.

Perhaps...however, Haslam hired same attorney that Debartolo used when he got in trouble with that gambling license in Louisiana. He got our of that relatively unscathed. He did get suspended from NFL for one year, and ended up relinquishing ownership to his sister. He probably won't go to jail, but we will either have a new owner, or Haslam transfers ownership to a family member.

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Just stfu already,

More on this:

Quote:
Scott Petrak ct ‏ @ ScottPetrak 1h
# Browns owner Jimmy Haslam will read another statement to the media at 3 p.m. in Knoxville. No questions taken, supposed to be informative.

cdotcombrowns ‏ @ cdotcombrowns 2m
Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam plans to make 'significant' statement at 3 p.m. about Pilot Flying J http://dlvr.it/3Gb2r4 # browns

We'll see.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Just stfu already,

More on this:

Quote:
Scott Petrak ct ‏ @ ScottPetrak 1h
# Browns owner Jimmy Haslam will read another statement to the media at 3 p.m. in Knoxville. No questions taken, supposed to be informative.

cdotcombrowns ‏ @ cdotcombrowns 2m
Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam plans to make 'significant' statement at 3 p.m. about Pilot Flying J http://dlvr.it/3Gb2r4 # browns

We'll see.

Yeah this one has me curious.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:

Sad, true.

Perhaps...however, Haslam hired same attorney that Debartolo used when he got in trouble with that gambling license in Louisiana. He got our of that relatively unscathed. He did get suspended from NFL for one year, and ended up relinquishing ownership to his sister. He probably won't go to jail, but we will either have a new owner, or Haslam transfers ownership to a family member.

The reason Debartoalo got anything (IMO) except off Scot Free....was the one thing you can never do in Pro Sports...you can get caught by your pregnant wife, in a hotel room with three under age girls, 1 Kilo of Cocaine and an "I love Al-Queda" handbook and a bloody knife....as long as you, go to rehab, pay a fine and find Jesus....your MONEY!!!!!

Gamble a nickle.....BAM...LIFE TIME BAN

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.

Last edited by DaWg_LB. on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
duke2056

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
Maybe I am in the minority here.....
But personally, I dont mind this about our owner.....in this day and age, the only people with money to buy an NFL franchise either (family) already had it, they own oil, or they got rich in the .com boom.....A man who worked in his fathers truck stop biz...selling Hot Dogs, Diesel and Condoms....into an NFL owner....My Brothers..there are certain type of people who "Get Things" done in this world....and sorry to say, those folks arent always Sunday School Teachers...and Haslem...seems to be the type of man to Get Things done......I personally if I need to get Computer disk X from somewhere in Thailand to the US within 24 hours..its life and death and no time to explain...please give me one of these guys
http://www.novinite.com/media/images/2009-11/photo_verybig_110211.jpg
or
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/stocking/stocking1208/stocking120800771/15216349-portrait-of-a-shady-man-at-his-desk.jpg

I dont need a guy like this for this mission...
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/About/General/2010/10/26/1288050074820/British-financier-Guy-Han-006.jpg

And just speaking from my OWN point of view....Haslem Pops got connections and his Brother is the Gov of Tenn and the family has over 1 Billion dollars...and there is no Dope, Guns or US Security involved....folks with those qualifications and attributes...those type of folks don't go to jail for white collar crime.....not to mention the NFL owners voted UNANIMOUSLY to approve him...now they dont want egg on their faces either, further connections and favors will be called in......Yall Haslem is about to do as much jail time as the CEO's from Enron.....LOL...

I dont think any of u s give a damn if Haslam goes to prison. I know I sure don't, cause I think he probably should.

I think the concern is that he will have to give up ownership and some point, and a new owner comes in and cleans house..........again.......and brings in "his guys".

That is a "real" concern, whether you personally think it is or not.

Unless you hate our front office and coaches, in which case it would be a good thing.

It's is also a legit possibility this whole thing is a turnoff for free agents in the future. It would only take ONE player we want to not come here because of this for that to be a real problem also. I would say 99% of players wouldnt give a damn, but as I was saying, just missing ONE guy we want because of this would hurt.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haslam met with Goodell yesterday.

Nothing super substantial, but looking at Goodell's quotes, it doesn't seem like he'll be booting Haslam out the door any time soon.

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-browns/cleveland-browns-1.270107/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-meets-with-browns-owner-jimmy-haslam-about-federal-investigation-1.392401

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
zelbell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013304280071&gcheck=1

Quote:
Gerard Martin, a Baltimore attorney and former federal prosecutor, said he and some of his colleagues have been speculating about the possibility that the investigation could lead to a forfeiture order that could give the federal government control of the Cleveland Browns.

Martin said the affidavit made public in the Pilot investigation indicates that the potential criminal charges against Jimmy Haslam, if proven true, could well lead to a forfeiture order on Haslam’s assets, including his ownership interest in the Cleveland football franchise.

“We’ve been wondering out loud about that possibility,” Martin said.

“It could lead to a freeze on all his assets,” Martin said, adding that forfeitures “can be deadly.”

Uh oh

Adopt a Brown: Josh Gordon
2014 Stats: this is awkward
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013304280071&gcheck=1

Quote:
Gerard Martin, a Baltimore attorney and former federal prosecutor, said he and some of his colleagues have been speculating about the possibility that the investigation could lead to a forfeiture order that could give the federal government control of the Cleveland Browns.

Martin said the affidavit made public in the Pilot investigation indicates that the potential criminal charges against Jimmy Haslam, if proven true, could well lead to a forfeiture order on Haslam’s assets, including his ownership interest in the Cleveland football franchise.

“We’ve been wondering out loud about that possibility,” Martin said.

“It could lead to a freeze on all his assets,” Martin said, adding that forfeitures “can be deadly.”

Uh oh

and the plots thickens...

(much like the chicken pot pie I ate for lunch)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: