Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Excessive8's (Possibly) Final Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Excessive8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Excessive8's (Possibly) Final Mock Reply with quote

This is what I would want to do if I was GM of the Buffalo Bills.

Bills sign Manny Lawson, Kevin Kolb, Alan Branch, and Karlos Dansby.
Bills re-sign Leodis McKelvin and extend Jairus Byrd

I think we're in a very good position to trade down. There are reportedly multiple teams wanting to trade down as well, but seeing we are not a much of a threat for the players that may fall (D. Milliner, G. Smith, L. Johnson, T. Austin, etc are possible to fall) teams might not see it as much of a need to jump that far up. The real threat happens behind us with the Jets who are in play for every player listed. Best case scenario either Milliner or Austin fall to us and the Vikings have them high on their board (which is very possible with the gaps left behind by Harvin and Winfield, plus them lacking a solid corner for awhile now).

Bills trade the 8th overall pick and 2014 4th round pick for the Vikings 23rd and 25th overall picks.

1st Round (#23) - Matt Barkley (QB)

This is where we get our "franchise" quarterback. Either Barkley or Nassib should be available at this position and they both will be great fits in Marrone's WCO. I prefer Barkley because after seeing what Marrone and Hackett have done with Nassib (turn a 2 star recruit into possibly a 1st round pick), I would love to see what he can do with Barkley.

1st Round (#25) - Tyler Eifert (TE)

We grab our safety valve for our new shiny QB. There are a lot of talks about him going a lot higher (6th to the Browns and 9/13 to the Jets) but I just don't believe it. Fleener is a comparable prospect and he went 34th last year. Eifert is a better receiver overall but I don't believe he'll go that early, plus no one really has him linked to us so no one is gonna jump ahead of us to grab him. He's big (6'6" 251lbs), fast (4.68 forty), and more importantly rarely doesn't come down with a jump ball. He'd be a great threat in Marrone's offense for Barkley and a threat we've needed for a long time now.

2nd Round (#41) - Robert Woods (WR)

One of my favorite receivers in the draft. He might not be the fastest or biggest receiver in the draft, but I think he's arguably the best all-around receiver. Plus, might as well help Barkley and this offense even more! He also would be a great weapon in Marrone's offense, think of him as a much much more talented version of Alec Lemon (you know that record breaking receiver in the Big East).

3rd Round (#71) - Sio Moore (LB)

This pick up gives Pettine and this defense a little more help with his linebacking core. Even with the addition of Dansby we still need another young developmental type at linebacker, plus they play different positions.

4th Round (#105) Shamarko Thomas (S)

Even when switching Aaron Williams over to safety we still need a back up plan in case it doesn't work out. This gives us three potential starters at safety opposite of Byrd and one of them should take over with the competition. I would really love for Phillip Thomas to fall this far, but that's very unlikely.

5th Round (#143) - J.C. Tretter (OG)

After losing Levitre to FA it is very likely we take a OG at some point in the draft. I like Tretter's potential being very athletic and capable of possibly manning G at the NFL level. His only downsides are playing against weak competition in college and lacking a lot of strength, one of those can easily be corrected with an NFL strength and conditioning program.

6th Round (#177) - Dustin Hopkins/Caleb Sturgis (K)

We need to replace Lindell, he is a very consistent kicker but he just doesn't have the leg power anymore especially when playing in those strong 30 mph gusts that blow through the Ralph. I would love Hopkins and picking him up in the 6th would make the position set for the next 10 years or so.

I would be extremely happy if this is how our draft unfolds and if I was the GM for the Bills I would be shooting for a draft among these lines. This gives us a potential starter at QB, starter at TE and WR, depth/rotational player at LB and S, depth player at OG, and new kicker.

^Thanks To LOTO.Tailback For this DIRTY SIG^

Adopt-A-Bill:
Aaron Williams- 32 Tackles 5 PDs 1 FF 1 INT
Scott Chandler- 38 Rec 389 Yds 6 TDs
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it. I really don't see that trade happening but if it did I'd be all for it!

BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the draft, Barkely already knows Woods and Eifert provides security blanket and good potential combo with Chandler.

Sio Moore and Shamrako Thomas provide good depth and value andwe need a legit K going fforward
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely love the first 3 picks. Would just die from excitement.

However, we badly need DE help (only 3 on the roster) unless we plan on being in the 3-4 80% of the time. But even still then we'd need depth at OLB (goodbye Moats). I wouldn't want to waste our 6th on a kicker either. So round 4 and 6 id rather take DE's or DE/OLBs

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Excessive8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Absolutely love the first 3 picks. Would just die from excitement.

However, we badly need DE help (only 3 on the roster) unless we plan on being in the 3-4 80% of the time. But even still then we'd need depth at OLB (goodbye Moats). I wouldn't want to waste our 6th on a kicker either. So round 4 and 6 id rather take DE's or DE/OLBs

Understandable, I had multiple ideas with our picks in the 3rd-6th round. I wouldn't mind a corner like Logan Ryan, Darius Slay, or Bildri Wreh-Wilson if they fall to the third. I wouldn't mind Brandon Jenkins if he falls into the 3rd or 4th round due to injury, Alex Okafor if he somehow makes it to our 3rd round pick, etc. I just feel like this is the draft we should use to totally overhaul our offense, we've been running an offense with late round picks and UDFA for too long and need to inject some top end talent.

^Thanks To LOTO.Tailback For this DIRTY SIG^

Adopt-A-Bill:
Aaron Williams- 32 Tackles 5 PDs 1 FF 1 INT
Scott Chandler- 38 Rec 389 Yds 6 TDs
joutman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Mock draft Reply with quote

Like the draft but i do not see that first round trade happening. The only way Buffalo might trade down that far is if no one has picked Geno Smith before they pick. That would give them some assurance that either Barkley or Nassib will be there in the 20's.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would rather take a CB over a Safety but apart from that it's a real solid draft. I'm really starting to hope we trade down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: