Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets 2013 Draft Interest/Rumors Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manuel is a terrible passer when he tries to hit all spots in route tree.

Smith is much better.

That is most important element when you want to play qb during rookie season.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm going back one year ago to the day, and I'm trying to see which "insiders" were right/wrong about the whole "Melvin Ingram to the Jets" thing, and Adam Schefter was the only person that seemed to have the Jets pegged, suggesting on Mike & Mike that Coples and Ingram would fall out of the top 10, and that he saw Coples landing with the Jets at 16. Maybe, he'll report who the Jets will pick today Very Happy
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They said Ryan Nassib.

Last time, Jets eyed Mingo, Cooper and Jones.

Eagles are likely to take Mingo.
Lions may take Cooper if no trade down.

Jones could be ours. Milliner or Rhodes may be added to new top BPA after Lions.
KBS756

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
rampantjet wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Random food for thought, but reports are saying that Geno could fall out of the first with Nassib being the only qb drafted in the first. If we can swing a trade with San Fran and he falls that far, we may be able to snag him at the end of the 1st which would be insane

Manuel is ten times better than Geno
Name one facet of EJ's game that's better than Geno's. Only thing you can possibly argue is arm strength.

Manuel has a quicker release, better footwork, better accuracy, Hes also very intelligent as well. He carries himself a lot better than Geno. And as far as offenses, the WVU offense is extremely easy. When defenses press his recievers and make him make decisions, Geno has shown that hes terrible.

Trust me man, I to was a fan of tyler wilson, tyler bray, geno smith, and mike glennon. Over the past few weeks Ive watched a lot of film and did a lot of studying on the quarterback class. Ive came away with the fact that theirs two quarterbacks with the ability to come right in and i mean come right in and play at a high level.

These guys would be Nassib and Manuel. In fact in the beginning you can look at my posts, i hated HATED manuel just because hes a black quarterback, with so so stats, and was a guy that NO one was talking about. Thats not a racist statement, its just the general consensus we see every year. Black quarterbacks that struggle to succeed through a long career. Its just the truth. Everyone liked geno to begin with, i mean whats not to like right? A guy that lights it up stat wise, and on film hes just airing it out every where for long touchdowns. But the truth is, he takes a while to make decisions. He was fortunate to have a great pocket, any body that has 5 seconds to make a throw should be able to read a defense. But how about when your hot route is getting owned all game, and the check down is covered? and you only have 2 seconds to read whats going on? I just dont see Geno being able to handle it. At kansas state, he couldnt do anything mainly because his to favorite guys were covered. The cross/go routes they used all year werent working deep and Geno couldnt hit the intermediate corner passes.

Manuel is a really good quarterback. He gets rid of the ball quicker than anyone in the draft. For a quarterback as accurate as he is, a quick release is a HUGE advantage at the next level.

Everyone as much as you may not like Manuel, go back and watch his film and then take a second and watch his wide recievers and tight ends. They are crap. Very mediocre young wideouts. Manuel has a huge ceiling. I hated the guy but he is good.

I went through almost the same process and I agree with virtually everything you said. The more tape I watched of Manuel the more I really liked the kid. I don't understand anyone saying he isn't accurate, he throws as good of a ball as anyone in this class.

Geno is meh, but he never comes off his first read, mostly because he doesn't have to since his first read is either a tap pass or a bubble screen that Austin or Steadman would then take to the house and pad Geno's stats.

ESPN: Accuracy 4 Showed improved anticipation as a passer in 2012. Not great in that department but showed much better touch and accuracy on throws made before receiver breaks versus man coverage or crosses into open zone. Most accurate throwing over the middle of the field. Seems most comfortable on intermediate throws between the numbers. However, not nearly as efficient on underneath throws. Takes something off shorter passes but does not appear to be very natural for him, as there are far too many dirt balls when pressure forces him to quicken release. Misses within the strike zone frequently, which limits run-after-catch opportunities for WRs. Can miss by wide margins on some relatively easy throws for no apparent reason (majority were outside the numbers). Deep accuracy and touch are inconsistent.

FF Toolbox: Accuracy is up and down. Short arms deep passes at times and must continue to work at not placing throws

NFL.com: Area code accuracy short throws are often low or wide, preventing receivers from making a play after the catch. Deep ball accuracy is uneven, as well.

Walter Football: Weaknesses:
Not a natural passer
Decision-making
Field vision
Struggles to work through progressions
Runs to quickly
Spotty accuracy
Can panic at times
Didn't play as well against good defenses

Sorry But I gotta jump into this debate...

Geno is the No 1 QB in this class but I really dont think EJ Manuel is far behind. He has had some issues with accuracy, but nothing that cannot be fixed. And his accuracy isnt nearly as bad as many make it out to be. I can break down any QB in this draft except maybe Barkley and find just as many issues with ball location or accuracy, possibly more.

EJ Manuel has the highest Ceiling in this draft. He may be a bit raw but hell Cam's passing was far more inconsistent the EJs in College, he had similar issues with ball location and at times looked like Tebows throws. He worked on it and was able to significantly repair his throwing mechanics and overcome the issues.

If I am picking a QB early in this draft it is Geno or EJ

EJ's a Leader, he's mature, he's tough, he's smart, and he has all the physical tools he could need. he may be a bit raw but we finally have a guy who can develop a QB. If we take him I dont think he starts Day 1, but probably will take over before the half way point in the season.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh... Ravens want Lane Johnson? How far will they move up?
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:

to #3 if Joeckel and Fisher go 1,2

they'd have to give up 1,2,4,future 2 though for Oakland to move that far back

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:

to #3 if Joeckel and Fisher go 1,2

they'd have to give up 1,2,4,future 2 though for Oakland to move that far back

Since there are no sure-fire top 15, the trade value may be soft just to get out of bigger rookie salary.
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a dream last night where I was at the draft. We took Mingo at 9. We then traded back to 19. Warmack and Vacarro were both there. It was an awesome dilemma.

Spoiler: We took Vacarro.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:
Had a dream last night where I was at the draft. We took Mingo at 9. We then traded back to 19. Warmack and Vacarro were both there. It was an awesome dilemma.

Spoiler: We took Vacarro.

Ah.. I have successfully poisoned your mind. Yay Me!!!
rampantjet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the EJ vs Geno debate, I never said I had anything against Geno really(other than his stats were padded which is hard to argue against) I think he has tons of potential and I have even mocked him to us in the first before. I was just saying I think EJ is close to him and might have a higher upside.

Other than his accuracy which I like, the thing that impressed me about EJ is his improvement between 2011 and 2012. I feel there is a gint difference between his '11 tape and his '12 tape. It seemed like he really started getting thing game, and that makes me excited about his ceiling.
KBS756

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
As far as the EJ vs Geno debate, I never said I had anything against Geno really(other than his stats were padded which is hard to argue against) I think he has tons of potential and I have even mocked him to us in the first before. I was just saying I think EJ is close to him and might have a higher upside.

Other than his accuracy which I like, the thing that impressed me about EJ is his improvement between 2011 and 2012. I feel there is a gint difference between his '11 tape and his '12 tape. It seemed like he really started getting thing game, and that makes me excited about his ceiling.

The fact he improved over the course of the week at the Senior Bowl was also very encouraging to me with EJ. And when the game was on, no matter what kind of game it was he showed up, none of the other Senior QBs did.
Idzik4president

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will just jump into this debate and say that Geno and Manuel are two completely different offenses. You cannot for one second argue that Manuel has bad accuracy downfield because thats 100% not true, his offense for one doesnt allow them to attack downfield. In fact during the senior bowl practices like Barnaby said added some hype, coaches began realizing Manuel's arm strength. On tape theres nothing really there, but then again the Florida State offense does not take the same kind of shots Geno's did.

As far as quicker release its actually a fact that Manuel has the quickest release on the draft, per sport science... so that argument is decided.

And as far as Geno goes, he might be the most overhyped quarterback in the draft. I think more of you will be surprised on how many people have Geno pegged as a 2-3 round quarterback. The flashy downfield throws to wide open wide recievers and stats, make Geno look like this stud. But quite honestly you guys dont understand the "AIR RAID" offense that they call it at West Virginia. Dana Holgorsen developed this so called offense to be easy to understand. He in fact states that its a 3 day offense. You can learn it in 3 days... legit. His offense consists of motioning one back and trying to draw a safety's attention. Then you run a go route on one side with tavon austin. Stedman bailey will run a crossing route across the middle. Once the crosser is picked up by the safety, tavon austin has one on one and hes to fast for any db in college football so it leaves him wide open. They ran these same plays all day for the first 9 games of the season. Then they seemed to find trouble when more teams instead of playing man on these wideouts, began playing zone across the board. Kansas State did this and the WVU offense failed. They sent 4 guys the whole entire game. 4 guys... Geno failed miserably this game because the more he thought, the more he became vulnerable with his footwork and accuracy.

Geno lacks intelligence. I have no doubt he has arm strength and good accuracy but hes going to be drafted to a team thats most likely running a west coast offensive scheme thats going to be 100 hundred and i mean 100 hundred times different than college. A lot of quarterbacks are drafted to the nfl and they have the arm, the accuracy and the mobility but find it hard to adapt to the nfl offense itself. In the nfl its obviously a lot faster but the biggest thing is a more complex offense. If you dont have an intelligent quarterback, you dont have a quarterback, any college coach will tell you that.

Ive been a Nassib/ coming onto a Manuel fan more and more. Its tough to argue this next statement and its not worth it but any of those quarterbacks in the Air raid offense could have put up identical numbers to geno smith. Manuel/Wilson/Nassib are all intelligent and lacked weapons in college, yet they are highly proficient passers that have capable arms for the next level.

All you Geno Smith fans can sit there and say whatever you want but i know eventually all of you will finally realize that hes not the answer to any quarterback situation. His offense does not and will not work at the next level. Its an offense that will evolve at the college level but an offense without tight ends is an offense that will fail at the next. Geno is not smart and hes not even close to smart. Hes going to stink at the next level. Mark my words

INTELLIGENCE------ GENO has NONE

Mark Sanchez would have thrown for 50 touchdowns in that offense...

Last edited by Idzik4president on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson is on the radar. Yah!

His football talent is superb but his mentality is devastating questionable. That means he played like he was superior to everyone and if he failed to continue doing that way in NFL, he would break down rapidly for good.

Risky.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Geno Smith is sitting there at 13 do we draft him?

I dont endorse it, but I cant see the Jets passing.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All you Geno Smith fans can sit there and say whatever you want but i know eventually all of you will finally realize that hes not the answer to any quarterback situation. His offense does not and will not work at the next level. Its an offense that will evolve at the college level but an offense without tight ends is an offense that will fail at the next. Geno is not smart and hes not even close to smart. Hes going to stink at the next level. Mark my words

Like I said I am not really a Geno Smith hater, but I would be interested in hearing some of the QB wonderlic scores. It is one of the few positions where i actually think it has any bearing at all on how a player MAY transition to the NFL, the other being OL.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 24 of 30

Jump to: