Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013-14 NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS THREAD #2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rampantjet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think our interest in Nassib is a smokescreen, we really really want the Bills to waste their number 8 pick on a 2nd round QB.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly suggest you to get new tv set now. Jets plan to trade up from 9th to get Nassib.
skrILL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really, REALLY hope Idzik isn't dumb enough to waste a premium pick on a QB when there's a very good chance we're going to have a whole new coaching staff and system next year in a much stronger QB class...

N E W Y O R K J E T S
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
I strongly suggest you to get new tv set now. Jets plan to trade up from 9th to get Nassib.

Stop playing, it's not funny anymore. Sad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
I really, really, REALLY hope Idzik isn't dumb enough to waste a premium pick on a QB when there's a very good chance we're going to have a whole new coaching staff and system next year in a much stronger QB class...

I really wish that people would stop saying we can always get a QB next year.

No offense, but I hate going into the season having made the determination no one in the coaching staff is going to remain. We could have a surprising season on a depleted roster that earns Rex another year. if he even comes close to .500 with what we are fielding now he deserves another year.

We should have been fair to him and let him find another job this year if we are just going to sabatoge his year and not try to win.

Doesn't matter what year "You Play to Win the Game"

Say we end up where we are this year with like the 10th pick in the draft... and your "great qb class" is swept up before us by other QB needy teams, the only thing we did then is prolong being a bad team.

Our biggest weakness is QB and if we have a chance at getting a guy we think is our guy at QB (not reach for one not on our board) we have to take the chance. I personally think teams are a decent bit higher on some of the QBs this year then they are letting on.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@KMart_LI 5m
Tavon Austin is very high on Rex. Isn't sure if #Jets will take him at No. 9, but said "hopefully they'll make it happen." #nyj

Quote:
@KMart_LI 3m
Tavon Austin on Rex: "He's definitely a defensive coach, but he likes me too." Austin said Rex even joked re: using him on D. #nyj

Not sure if this is anything to look into, but I thought it was cool that Tavon really likes Rex.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
skrILL wrote:

I really wish that people would stop saying we can always get a QB next year.

No offense, but I hate going into the season having made the determination no one in the coaching staff is going to remain. We could have a surprising season on a depleted roster that earns Rex another year. if he even comes close to .500 with what we are fielding now he deserves another year.

We should have been fair to him and let him find another job this year if we are just going to sabatoge his year and not try to win.

Doesn't matter what year "You Play to Win the Game"

Say we end up where we are this year with like the 10th pick in the draft... and your "great qb class" is swept up before us by other QB needy teams, the only thing we did then is prolong being a bad team.

Our biggest weakness is QB and if we have a chance at getting a guy we think is our guy at QB (not reach for one not on our board) we have to take the chance. I personally think teams are a decent bit higher on some of the QBs this year then they are letting on.

You must be at least 30 years old because you are outgrown. Cool

Idzik has been working with WCO guys for many years like Jon Gruden, Mike Holmgren, Jim Mora Jr. and Pete Carroll. Because of that, it is very good chance that Jets will stay with WCO longer so getting qb that Idzik and Mornhinweg feel comfortable counting on to guide WCO is fine by me.

Big problem is defensive side. Rex Ryan is up on the contract after this year so that means Idzik HAS TO accept all 2013 defensive prospects as long as they are versatile enough to play any scheme. Not just limit to Ryan's scheme. Fortunately, Ryan wants athletic and fast defensive players.

That is why I have lobbied for Mingo and Vaccaro in the first round. Mingo can play OLB in all scheme and may be groomed into the Dwight Freeney type DE for 4-3 job. Vaccaro offers larger route coverage and wider zone coverage abilities to play many different defensive formats.

Whatever happen to defense next year, talents won't dissipate.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RichCimini 9m
I asked Alabama CB Dee Milliner about possibility of replacing Revis. He said he'd be just as good, maybe better than Revis. #Jets

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
@KMart_LI 5m
Tavon Austin is very high on Rex. Isn't sure if #Jets will take him at No. 9, but said "hopefully they'll make it happen." #nyj

Quote:
@KMart_LI 3m
Tavon Austin on Rex: "He's definitely a defensive coach, but he likes me too." Austin said Rex even joked re: using him on D. #nyj

Not sure if this is anything to look into, but I thought it was cool that Tavon really likes Rex.

Hopefully, he is taken by Bills so Austin can sabotage the team for us. lol.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
@RichCimini 9m
I asked Alabama CB Dee Milliner about possibility of replacing Revis. He said he'd be just as good, maybe better than Revis. #Jets

well, what do you expect from prospects who have to stay positive?
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
@RichCimini 9m

well, what do you expect from prospects who have to stay positive?

You don't come out and say you would be just as good already when comparing to the best. To believe you can become better is understandable, but to think you can just come in a replace him is not the right answer. lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only way that will back Milliner up big time is Don't do any holdouts.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jets should pass on Chris Ivory because 4th or 5th round picks may go to pass receivers. Rex Burkhead, Mike James or Cierre Wood could do for us as UDFA punishing runner Jets have sought for. I am pretty sure there are several unknown runner can do it just fine. Just don't waste a pick on Ivory.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of those guys run like Chris Ivory, NONE

its also pretty clear that Mingo will be a Jet barring something unforeseen happening

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
I think Jets should pass on Chris Ivory because 4th or 5th round picks may go to pass receivers. Rex Burkhead, Mike James or Cierre Wood could do for us as UDFA punishing runner Jets have sought for. I am pretty sure there are several unknown runner can do it just fine. Just don't waste a pick on Ivory.

Yeah, now I don't want us to give up that 4th. 5th is fine. we need to draft a back who can be physical and carry the load.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 70 of 71

Jump to: