Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wolfie's One and Only Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Wolfie's One and Only Mock Reply with quote

I've taken it all in, and I think I know where we are going. This may not be what I WANT to happen, but this is what I think is going to happen.

Just remember that when you react.

First off, both Warmack and Cooper will be off the board by 15, and I dont think Dallas can afford to trade up, they need the 1st 3 rounds in order to get not 3, but 4 starters.

Trade Back: A team triggers a predetermined deal at 18. Dallas Moves back to mid 20s and get a 3rd this year.

(C)-denotes team captain

1. Eric Reid S (C) LSU-This is JG's guy, we've seen it before. JG was only at this pro day. He understand's the importance of an instinctive pro read Safety in Kiffin's defense. Eric Reid is that guy.

2. Justin Pugh OG (C) Syracuse-This guy is rising up boards. I dont see it. This G/C doesnt have the ability players like Warmack and Cooper do, but he is plug and pay at either position and fills a need while being selected in a good spot. This is where a player at this position with this skill set goes.

3a. Markus Wheaton WR (C) OSU-Patriots are very high on this guy, so he can be picked at with their 2nd. But there are about 7-10 WRs graded higher than him, which can move him to the 3rd rd. He is much more suitable as a replacement at #2 is Austin is let go or injured. Dwayne and Cole are slot WRs, which is an important role, but they just dont have all the skills to be on the outside effectively.

3b. La'Veon Bell RB (C) MSU-JG wants to improve the run game, with Pugh, and now Bell he has succeeded. Insurance behind DeMarco, he gives the Cowboys another tough RB that can take a chunk of the punishment off of DeMarco. This team has been too good at selecting RBs in the mid round to waste a #1 on one.

4. Bennie Logan DT (C) LSU-It's no secret that Dallas needs another DL to help with a youth movement in an aging line, and Logan will be given the time to grow into a prominent role with Monte Kiffin's defense. With Crawford, Lissemore, and Logan, the Cowboys could have their future on the roster already.

5. Gerald Hodges (C) PSU-This is my guy. Its possible hes gone in the 4th, but this is your replacement for Durant in the 4-3. Needs work in the run game, but can play the passing downs to take the pressure off of Durant in the meantime.

6. Lawrence Okoye DE GB-This will not happen. Just think hes worth the risk.

I would be ok with this draft. I think Eric Winston will also be signed by the team shortly after the draft.

All Players drafted have visited the Cowboys.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it WW. Although with the hype Pugh is getting, he probably won't be there at our 2nd because some teams will believe he can stay at OT which will increase his value. Kyle Long may be a better selection there. And if we signed Clabo/Winston after the draft, I'd feel very good about that group.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
buckwild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mock, and actually could happen. Problem that I see is that most teams are looking to trade back rather than trade up. Unless it is later in the 1st to pick a QB ahead of Jax, Jets, Cards and Bills.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
I like it WW. Although with the hype Pugh is getting, he probably won't be there at our 2nd because some teams will believe he can stay at OT which will increase his value. Kyle Long may be a better selection there. And if we signed Clabo/Winston after the draft, I'd feel very good about that group.

I feel that way too, but I think Pugh doesnt warrant the 1st rd pick. As a OT I think there are 5 in front of him, with 2 I wouldnt take in the 1st. And his lack of experience at OG puts him into the 2nd.

I can see a team being struck by his potential though.

Thanks to SHSTE

WareWolf94

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Nice mock, and actually could happen. Problem that I see is that most teams are looking to trade back rather than trade up. Unless it is later in the 1st to pick a QB ahead of Jax, Jets, Cards and Bills.

Also agree. But there is always that one guy that free falls. We did it with Brady Quinn, we'll do it with another player this year.

Thanks to SHSTE

PDeezy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone will be giving up a 3rd rounder to move up 5-8 spots to 18. Maybe if we were closer to 12 or 13. It sort of drops off after that, so most are looking to trade down.

The only way another team would is if someone elite slides down to 18, and in that case WE should pick him up.

I also don't think Reid will be there in the mid 20's, but he's probably the only guy I would be okay (see: less angry) with them taking over a OL/DL. And that is only if ALL of the top tier OL/DL guys are gone.

I'm still hoping that 2 out of our first 3 picks weigh in at or around 300lbs.

R.I.P. B2TB
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PDeezy wrote:
I don't think anyone will be giving up a 3rd rounder to move up 5-8 spots to 18. Maybe if we were closer to 12 or 13. It sort of drops off after that, so most are looking to trade down.

The only way another team would is if someone elite slides down to 18, and in that case WE should pick him up.

I also don't think Reid will be there in the mid 20's, but he's probably the only guy I would be okay (see: less angry) with them taking over a OL/DL. And that is only if ALL of the top tier OL/DL guys are gone.

I'm still hoping that 2 out of our first 3 picks weigh in at or around 300lbs.

The teams aren't trading picks, they're are trading players. If a team thinks the player thats still there at 18 is worth more than a player they are drafting currently at lets say 25, they may throw that 3rd in there. Its by no means unheard of, and its standard asking price to move up that much. We might have more pull, because most teams inly have about 15 players with 1st round grades and the 18 is right on the fringe.

I dont even think the Cowboys have a 1st rd grade on any other safety except Vaccaro.

Thanks to SHSTE

Last edited by WareWolf94 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
textaz03

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Hodges pick, simply because I work with his brother! Smile

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
buckwild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

Also agree. But there is always that one guy that free falls. We did it with Brady Quinn, we'll do it with another player this year.

I agree, but the teams will be looking later in the draft than 18 to trade back in to get a QB.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals and Vikings are both teams in the mid 20's that might want to move up to 18 and part with a 3rd rounder because both teams have multiple picks days 1 & 2 and 3...Minnesota with 2 #1 picks and 2 #4 picks and Cincinnati with 2 #2 picks...although I could see teams further down like Houston, Atlanta, San Francisco and Baltimore more likely to make moves and target a player at 18 to get ahead of teams like NY Giants, Chicago, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Minnesota and Indy. Houston = WR or OT...Atlanta = TE or DE or CB...San Francisco = S or TE or WR...Baltimore = LB or S or WR.

Atlanta, San Francisco and Baltimore have all made it clear they want to trade up...just how high we shall see.

I think this mock draft is one of the better mocks out there...great value in rounds 1-4...

Peace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: