Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets officially trade CB Darrelle Revis to the Buccaneers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah except for all the love that Hess had for this team this team still was ineptly run. The Jets have always been ineptly run and under Johnson there has been no exception. For about a decade Johnson barely ever showed himself, it wasn't until Ryan that he finally started to pop his head up.

Listen I'm upset that we just traded arguably the greatest Jets player ever in his prime, but at the end of the day you knew it was coming and had to be done.

This is the NFL and it only takes one player, one draft to turn a franchise around for better or worse. Being Jet fans that should make the most of us Met fans, was this not the same exact situation played out before us with Dickey? Did we not take anything away with the Reyes situation?

Bottom line is this, the Jets have been trending downwards for the past two years and changes needed to happen. Enough of the lets fool ourselves into thinking we're legit playoff contenders.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah too bad Hess got it right to late.

As a Met fan the Dickey trade made to much sense they got a stud catcher and a pitcher they are saying is as good if not better then Wheeler. That trade was a no brainer plus you had pitching in the pipeline. That was a trade from strength to get better.

The Reyes thing I never agreed with, he was the most electrifying player the Mets ever groomed. I loved Strawberry and Straw was the most impressive figure at the plate pure edge of your seat excitement but Reyes and this intensity that was great to watch. The media killed him for dancing on the filed and the other teams hated it. Guess what when he did that they were good and the fed off of it. When the fat guy said it all the time and when Reyes stopped the mets became a weak team with no fire. see 2007 and 2008 when they collapsed.

Anyway this is a Jet forum and I dont agree with trading a player of his caliber. I'm sure Reyes was not happy being shipped out of Miami. I bet Revis will regret this stop in Tampa. Blacked out games, no media coverage and when things go bad the Glaziers like Loria will sink the ship.
JMG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I haven't been around much as of late.

But as expected, I'm furious about the Revis trade. The Jets will never be get out from 'the same ole' Jets" until we have strong ownership that understands how to let the GM run the team how he wants it to be ran. That's my problem with Idzik, he was probably hired because he was okay with trading Revis.

[]_[] Family

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: