Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The move nobody seems to want Dimitroff to make
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 6388
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Kelce in the 2nd too 3rd round kicks Eiferts butt all day long with Eifert in the 1st. Kelce's upside is just as high if not higher as Kelce is probably closer to Gronk's style and upside than any player in this draft. He is a complete player and can block better than probably any TE in this draft already while still being explosive and good hands.

So just based on talent and upside for value no way would i take Eifert in the 1st over quite a few of these Te's in the 2nd to 4th round where they aren't that much less talented than him.


Yet you want a lb where we have an already above average starter. In addition, it's a low impact position and lb is pretty deep. At least te is a legit position of need...

Really de and CB are the two most important spots. Unless there's no one of value there, we need to grab on of those two. If there isn't, I vote bpa for any position that's not qb.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Olympia Martin


Joined: 04 Dec 2005
Posts: 6177
Location: N.Y.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I view Eifert as a top 10 talent in this draft. Think he is an instant impact for any offense. Problem is we are a needs based drafting team in round 1. We need a starter at CB. I think that is the position that TD targets if we move up. I also do not think we give away multiple picks for a TE. Not with the depth at the position and the collegiate ranks pushing more and more versatile joker types into the pros. Not valuable enough and despite Eifert being a top talent in my opinion there is too much to choose from and Gonzo is back. Why waste a pick on a guy that will play 400-500 snaps max. Isn't worth it. Especially to give up picks for that. Unless he sees multiple pro bowls down the line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpoonFed56


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 1831
Location: GA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not worth it to me... we can get a good TE in the 4th. Way too many other needs man!
_________________

#FreeToddGurley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FalconFan13


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 9875
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
Kelce in the 2nd too 3rd round kicks Eiferts butt all day long with Eifert in the 1st. Kelce's upside is just as high if not higher as Kelce is probably closer to Gronk's style and upside than any player in this draft. He is a complete player and can block better than probably any TE in this draft already while still being explosive and good hands.

So just based on talent and upside for value no way would i take Eifert in the 1st over quite a few of these Te's in the 2nd to 4th round where they aren't that much less talented than him.


Yet you want a lb where we have an already above average starter. In addition, it's a low impact position and lb is pretty deep. At least te is a legit position of need...

Really de and CB are the two most important spots. Unless there's no one of value there, we need to grab on of those two. If there isn't, I vote bpa for any position that's not qb.


The only above avg starter at LB we have is Spoon the rest are below avg in Nicholas and Dent. Those are depth guys imo and should be upgraded. I love having talented depth at LB though.

I look at is like this we have 3 TE's on the roster as of right now that can all actually play decently well for just 1 position. We have only 4 LB's on the entire team at this point and only 1 of them are starting material to me. So yeah i would rather take a upgrade at LB giving us some good depth there finally than a 4th TE albeit the primary backup that won't see the field as much as the starting LB would.

Plus Brown and Oletree are still better players to me than Eifert is. Im still not thrilled with Eifert or Ertz in the 1st round as their good but not elite talent to me. I think Kelce in the long run will be the best TE in this class as long as he can stay healthy and clean on character.
_________________
2010 and 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SpoonFed56


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 1831
Location: GA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Brown an ILB? I think an athletic OLB like Sean Porter/Sio Moore would be a better fit at LB for us to go along with Spoon! And we can get them in the 2nd. I think we need to get a CB that falls to us. I really don't wanna trade up *EDIT: unless for Rhodes if he falls to 15-20* and possibly lose a 2nd/3rd or even 4th cuz the draft is that deep mid rounds. I think we need to sit put and take someone like Hayden/Banks/Taylor in the first and scoop up a nice OLB in the 2nd. 3rd take DE (Lemonier)..4th TE.....
_________________

#FreeToddGurley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 6388
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
Kelce in the 2nd too 3rd round kicks Eiferts butt all day long with Eifert in the 1st. Kelce's upside is just as high if not higher as Kelce is probably closer to Gronk's style and upside than any player in this draft. He is a complete player and can block better than probably any TE in this draft already while still being explosive and good hands.

So just based on talent and upside for value no way would i take Eifert in the 1st over quite a few of these Te's in the 2nd to 4th round where they aren't that much less talented than him.


Yet you want a lb where we have an already above average starter. In addition, it's a low impact position and lb is pretty deep. At least te is a legit position of need...

Really de and CB are the two most important spots. Unless there's no one of value there, we need to grab on of those two. If there isn't, I vote bpa for any position that's not qb.


The only above avg starter at LB we have is Spoon the rest are below avg in Nicholas and Dent. Those are depth guys imo and should be upgraded. I love having talented depth at LB though.

I look at is like this we have 3 TE's on the roster as of right now that can all actually play decently well for just 1 position. We have only 4 LB's on the entire team at this point and only 1 of them are starting material to me. So yeah i would rather take a upgrade at LB giving us some good depth there finally than a 4th TE albeit the primary backup that won't see the field as much as the starting LB would.

Plus Brown and Oletree are still better players to me than Eifert is. Im still not thrilled with Eifert or Ertz in the 1st round as their good but not elite talent to me. I think Kelce in the long run will be the best TE in this class as long as he can stay healthy and clean on character.


Nicholas is not below average at all. There's not even a decent argument to be made that he is one. He's outstanding against the run, can get to the qb occasionally and is slightly below average in coverage. I would even call him average in that area.

And lol at. Palmier or Coffman being a reason not to take ertz or eifert. That's just stupid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29508
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Brown an ILB? I think an athletic OLB like Sean Porter/Sio Moore would be a better fit at LB for us to go along with Spoon! And we can get them in the 2nd. I think we need to get a CB that falls to us. I really don't wanna trade up *EDIT: unless for Rhodes if he falls to 15-20* and possibly lose a 2nd/3rd or even 4th cuz the draft is that deep mid rounds. I think we need to sit put and take someone like Hayden/Banks/Taylor in the first and scoop up a nice OLB in the 2nd. 3rd take DE (Lemonier)..4th TE.....
Brown can play SLB, WLB or MLB in the 4-3 and ILB in the 3-4 sets we would run. Trust me, he would be worth it.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kevtre19


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 27
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Rapoport tweeted: "Hearing people talk about Tyler Eifert's stock raising. Could be. Almost secretive prospect. Had no visits, no issues. So under-the-radar"

Wouldn't be surprised now to see us trade up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpoonFed56


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 1831
Location: GA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevtre19 wrote:
Ian Rapoport tweeted: "Hearing people talk about Tyler Eifert's stock raising. Could be. Almost secretive prospect. Had no visits, no issues. So under-the-radar"

Wouldn't be surprised now to see us trade up


TRADE UP for Eiftert? NO THANKS
_________________

#FreeToddGurley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 14338
Location: Kennesaw, GA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevtre19 wrote:
Ian Rapoport tweeted: "Hearing people talk about Tyler Eifert's stock raising. Could be. Almost secretive prospect. Had no visits, no issues. So under-the-radar"

Wouldn't be surprised now to see us trade up

My guess is he will be taken 13th overall by the Tebows
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FalconFan13


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 9875
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
Kelce in the 2nd too 3rd round kicks Eiferts butt all day long with Eifert in the 1st. Kelce's upside is just as high if not higher as Kelce is probably closer to Gronk's style and upside than any player in this draft. He is a complete player and can block better than probably any TE in this draft already while still being explosive and good hands.

So just based on talent and upside for value no way would i take Eifert in the 1st over quite a few of these Te's in the 2nd to 4th round where they aren't that much less talented than him.


Yet you want a lb where we have an already above average starter. In addition, it's a low impact position and lb is pretty deep. At least te is a legit position of need...

Really de and CB are the two most important spots. Unless there's no one of value there, we need to grab on of those two. If there isn't, I vote bpa for any position that's not qb.


The only above avg starter at LB we have is Spoon the rest are below avg in Nicholas and Dent. Those are depth guys imo and should be upgraded. I love having talented depth at LB though.

I look at is like this we have 3 TE's on the roster as of right now that can all actually play decently well for just 1 position. We have only 4 LB's on the entire team at this point and only 1 of them are starting material to me. So yeah i would rather take a upgrade at LB giving us some good depth there finally than a 4th TE albeit the primary backup that won't see the field as much as the starting LB would.

Plus Brown and Oletree are still better players to me than Eifert is. Im still not thrilled with Eifert or Ertz in the 1st round as their good but not elite talent to me. I think Kelce in the long run will be the best TE in this class as long as he can stay healthy and clean on character.


Nicholas is not below average at all. There's not even a decent argument to be made that he is one. He's outstanding against the run, can get to the qb occasionally and is slightly below average in coverage. I would even call him average in that area.

And lol at. Palmier or Coffman being a reason not to take ertz or eifert. That's just stupid.


We will just have to disagree on Nicholas being as talented as each of us think he is. To me he is alot like Biermann. Great depth but a mediocre at best starter. Awesome to have guys like them on the team but would prefer a more talented player there to start over him.

Also i didn't exactly say those 2 are the reason we shouldn't draft Eifert or Ertz that would be Gonzo, White, Jones, Douglas, Jackson, and Quizz. Thats 5 good reasons that a 2nd TE is not a 1st round need as Ryan just doesn't use enough of his 4th option with those other studs on the field to throw to to merit a 1st round pick. Im just saying that Palmer and Coffman are adequate enough as depth to not have to go TE in 1st 1st behind Gonzo. So the depth at that position is stronger than it is at LB right now. Where as if we get a guy like Brown starting then LB becomes a strength with having a guy like Nicholas or Dent as depth even better than TE is now.
_________________
2010 and 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hotlanta12


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 5193
Location: Right behind you.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get a TE please!!!!! I want a CB. We can get our TE for the future in rounds 2-4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 6388
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
Kelce in the 2nd too 3rd round kicks Eiferts butt all day long with Eifert in the 1st. Kelce's upside is just as high if not higher as Kelce is probably closer to Gronk's style and upside than any player in this draft. He is a complete player and can block better than probably any TE in this draft already while still being explosive and good hands.

So just based on talent and upside for value no way would i take Eifert in the 1st over quite a few of these Te's in the 2nd to 4th round where they aren't that much less talented than him.


Yet you want a lb where we have an already above average starter. In addition, it's a low impact position and lb is pretty deep. At least te is a legit position of need...

Really de and CB are the two most important spots. Unless there's no one of value there, we need to grab on of those two. If there isn't, I vote bpa for any position that's not qb.


The only above avg starter at LB we have is Spoon the rest are below avg in Nicholas and Dent. Those are depth guys imo and should be upgraded. I love having talented depth at LB though.

I look at is like this we have 3 TE's on the roster as of right now that can all actually play decently well for just 1 position. We have only 4 LB's on the entire team at this point and only 1 of them are starting material to me. So yeah i would rather take a upgrade at LB giving us some good depth there finally than a 4th TE albeit the primary backup that won't see the field as much as the starting LB would.

Plus Brown and Oletree are still better players to me than Eifert is. Im still not thrilled with Eifert or Ertz in the 1st round as their good but not elite talent to me. I think Kelce in the long run will be the best TE in this class as long as he can stay healthy and clean on character.


Nicholas is not below average at all. There's not even a decent argument to be made that he is one. He's outstanding against the run, can get to the qb occasionally and is slightly below average in coverage. I would even call him average in that area.

And lol at. Palmier or Coffman being a reason not to take ertz or eifert. That's just stupid.


We will just have to disagree on Nicholas being as talented as each of us think he is. To me he is alot like Biermann. Great depth but a mediocre at best starter. Awesome to have guys like them on the team but would prefer a more talented player there to start over him.

Also i didn't exactly say those 2 are the reason we shouldn't draft Eifert or Ertz that would be Gonzo, White, Jones, Douglas, Jackson, and Quizz. Thats 5 good reasons that a 2nd TE is not a 1st round need as Ryan just doesn't use enough of his 4th option with those other studs on the field to throw to to merit a 1st round pick. Im just saying that Palmer and Coffman are adequate enough as depth to not have to go TE in 1st 1st behind Gonzo. So the depth at that position is stronger than it is at LB right now. Where as if we get a guy like Brown starting then LB becomes a strength with having a guy like Nicholas or Dent as depth even better than TE is now.


Gotcha. Little bit of confusion there. However, Nolan likes to use his ends as standing up quite a bit as well. So Biermann, most likely Massaquoi and whoever we possibly draft as an end also doubles as a lb. Its why we only carried 4 last year, we just dont use them that often.

In addition, its a low impact position. drafting a guy in the fisth there wont get you as much as others, especially in our defense.

Lastly, we have to look at the long term. Eifert and Ertz are both very talented, Eifert especially. I dont see two guys in the pipeline who have all the skills those guys do while fulfilling everything we look for.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mjmiller


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 1619
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
Kelce in the 2nd too 3rd round kicks Eiferts butt all day long with Eifert in the 1st. Kelce's upside is just as high if not higher as Kelce is probably closer to Gronk's style and upside than any player in this draft. He is a complete player and can block better than probably any TE in this draft already while still being explosive and good hands.

So just based on talent and upside for value no way would i take Eifert in the 1st over quite a few of these Te's in the 2nd to 4th round where they aren't that much less talented than him.


Yet you want a lb where we have an already above average starter. In addition, it's a low impact position and lb is pretty deep. At least te is a legit position of need...

Really de and CB are the two most important spots. Unless there's no one of value there, we need to grab on of those two. If there isn't, I vote bpa for any position that's not qb.


The only above avg starter at LB we have is Spoon the rest are below avg in Nicholas and Dent. Those are depth guys imo and should be upgraded. I love having talented depth at LB though.

I look at is like this we have 3 TE's on the roster as of right now that can all actually play decently well for just 1 position. We have only 4 LB's on the entire team at this point and only 1 of them are starting material to me. So yeah i would rather take a upgrade at LB giving us some good depth there finally than a 4th TE albeit the primary backup that won't see the field as much as the starting LB would.

Plus Brown and Oletree are still better players to me than Eifert is. Im still not thrilled with Eifert or Ertz in the 1st round as their good but not elite talent to me. I think Kelce in the long run will be the best TE in this class as long as he can stay healthy and clean on character.


Nicholas is not below average at all. There's not even a decent argument to be made that he is one. He's outstanding against the run, can get to the qb occasionally and is slightly below average in coverage. I would even call him average in that area.

And lol at. Palmier or Coffman being a reason not to take ertz or eifert. That's just stupid.


Nicholas is slightly above avg against the run and below avg in coverage. i dont see why everyone is so high on him. other then Spoon, the other 2 positions could easily be upgraded. ill take Brown over Nicholas any day. would love to see him be our pick at 30 if we cant find a DE or CB there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group