Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

7 rnd mock borrowed from NFL.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 2782
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pandomonium wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Pandomonium wrote:
well wasn't sopoaga a 1st and 2nd down guy?

I'm really concerned about 3 main positions with this draft
Nose
Free Safety
and #2 Tight end (only because we use so many 2 TE sets)

secondly I'd like in this order.
depth at CB
a stretch the field WR
depth at D-Line
depth at O-Line


True, but I don't see the need to draft NT that high if we are just going to play them on first and second downs.


Soap didn't even play nearly that much. He only played about a third of the defensive snaps. Can't see us ever using a very high pick on a guy that will contribute on one third of the defensive snaps. If they're not happy with the two guys we've got now our third rounder is the highest I'd go for a nose.


+1. plenty of "space eaters" in the middle rounds.


oh you're definitely preaching to the choir on this one. I'd prefer that we move up take the best FS on the board (which IMO is the most pressing need for us) than to sit or even move up for a NT


the irony of this statement is that whoever we have number one on "our" board is probably not the same guy our FO has on their board.
_________________
Quote:

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 6934
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pandomonium wrote:
well wasn't sopoaga a 1st and 2nd down guy?

I'm really concerned about 3 main positions with this draft
Nose
Free Safety
and #2 Tight end (only because we use so many 2 TE sets)

secondly I'd like in this order.
depth at CB
a stretch the field WR
depth at D-Line
depth at O-Line


Yeah, Soap was a 30% guy, but to me there just seems to be little value in drafting a player like that in the first round. I'd much rather see us taking pass rush help there. I'm actually not concerned about our nose tackle position at all.

I do worry about free safety, but only because the niners seem intent on filling that spot with a strong safety who will develop cover skills. #2 tight end is a need to me, but not overall a priority. There are plenty of TE's (and converatable wide receivers for that matter) that can fill that spot well; I don't feel that we need someone like Eifert or Ertz to do that and get value. To me, drafting a guy like that doesn't have the same value for us that it does to other teams.

I mainly want another pass rusher and free safety at the top, after that it's mostly depth and BPA.
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8727
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great draft for us.
Only pick I would dislike is qb that early. Give me kelce tere and it's perfect.

People are really down on Jesse Williams in our forum. He played de last year and he got pressure from there. Then he switched to nose this year. He is a better version of Ricky jean**** to me. He's going to go higher than not expect

Lots of people didnt like tank before either when I first jumped on him in my mock and ffmd1 Wink
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex


Last edited by 49ers Finest on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39793
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
This is a great draft for us.
Only pick I would dislike is qb that early. Give me kelce tere and it's perfect.

People are really down on Jesse Williams in our forum. He played de last year and he got pressure from there. Then he switched to nose this year. He is a better version of ray Mac to me. He's going to go higher than not expect

Lots of people didnt like tank before either when I first jumped on him in my mock and ffmd1 Wink


I seriously did this ---------->
_________________

___
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8727
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
This is a great draft for us.
Only pick I would dislike is qb that early. Give me kelce tere and it's perfect.

People are really down on Jesse Williams in our forum. He played de last year and he got pressure from there. Then he switched to nose this year. He is a better version of ray Mac to me. He's going to go higher than not expect

Lots of people didnt like tank before either when I first jumped on him in my mock and ffmd1 Wink


I seriously did this ---------->

Lol it was supposed to say Ricky jean. Oops.
Edited
Laughing
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group