Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My only Cowboys mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gofrogs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: My only Cowboys mock Reply with quote

Not sure how good it will be Ive been opening a new business and moving plus a couple of deaths in my family have lead to me being out of touch this year with the draft, but Ill give it a go:

18. **Trade** With Tavon Austin still on the board the Cowboys can line up there offers and take the best one, so they take SF's offer 18 for 31,61,93 and 237

31. **Trade** Buffalo is desperate to get in front of Jacksonville to make sure they get Nassib. In return the Cowboys get 41, 71 and a 4th in 2014. I know some will question the 2 trade downs, but if you heard the pre draft press conference, Steven and Jerry spent alot of time talking about how the cap is becoming a problem and drafting is important and how they felt this was more of a trade down draft then a trade up one. Plus I keep hearing the best of this draft is the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I slightly diagree, I think the most value is picks 20-80.

41. Johnathan Cyprien SS Floida International- After the "meat and potato" guys dominate early in round 1 then there will be a run on skill postion players that will help push Cyprien down to 41. He should start from day one, and will really solidify our secondary.

47. Jesse Williams DT Alabama- Rod Marinelli will coach this guy up. Williams is an excellent run stuffer that should be a 2 down player right away with a chance to be a poor mans Warren Sapp.

61. Larry Warford OG Kentucky- I still think we will sign Winston to play RT, but RG needs and upgrade and Warford is a mauler that will be a 10 year starter.

71. John Jenkins DT Ohio State- Kiffin will be given whatever he wants, Jenkins, williams and Ratliff will reak Havoc on opposing teams Olines.

80. DJ Swearinger FS South Carolina- His versality is invaluable he can play S or CB and has really good ball skills.

93. Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina- Obviously the injury concern is there, but if he were healthy he would be thehighest graded RB coming out since Adrian Peterson. He will get back and every team will be kicking themselves for letting him slide.

114. Barrett Jones OL Alabama- again an injury risk but he played RT, OG and C at an all American level. He and Warford along with Smith give us a solid young nucleous of OLineman.

151. Levine Toilolo TE Stanford- While he is more of a blocking TE, he is underrated as a pass catcher, he and Hanna give us some nice depth behind Witten.

185. Josh Boyce WR TCU- It wouldnt be my draft without one of my horned frogs going to the Cowboys. Boyce is a good route runner with solid hands. He is a very good down field blocker that should make the team as a 5th WR in a couple of years i could see him being a starter

237. Joe Kruger DE Utah- depth at DE, solid against the run needs to work on getting off blocks. nice ST player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 DTs
2 S
2 OL
and a RB all picked in the first 4 rounds?

I could die happy.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Jenkins played at Georgia. Hankins is from Ohio State.

Either way, that draft would be incredible.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be pretty epic. Good to see you back!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't honestly see Swearinger or Jones last that long, and I would rather take a RB who has not had injury issues (Taylor!!!), but if our weekend ended with this haul, I would probably be as happy and excited about the Boys as I ever have been! 2 OL and TWO Safeties would just be SWEET!!!
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if we trade back with San Fran, we will take Cyprien with the 31st pick.
DreamEater53

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would need new pants by the end of day 2, then again at the end of day 3.
TheDeathStar

Location: Anchorage, Alaska, US, Planet Earth, Solar System A, Milky Way Galaxy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good mock. I would hate Jerry a little less.
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think DJ will last til 80 nor do I think he'll pan out.

If theres any player with alot of wasted movement in this draft it's DJ and you certainly don't want that as a DB.

I bought Jrry's hype on him for awhile but me and him bickered for 2 days on DJ. I don't think he is a consistent player.

Would rather go with someone like Shamarko Thomas or J.J Wilcox.

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: