Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Barnaby's Final Mock of 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Barnaby's Final Mock of 2013 Reply with quote

Love it, hate it, here it is. Let me know your thoughts. No depth chart.

Trade our 5th to the Saints for Chris Ivory. Come draft day, I think the Saints GM will budge off the 4th and take the high 5th.

Round 1, Pick 9- Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU-I've voiced my opinion on Mingo for a while now and unfortunately, I think he'll be a bust, but the Jets need a pass rusher and i'm sure Rex is infatuated by him. Seems like the logical pick.

Round 1, Pick 13 (via TB)-TRADE-Trade the 13th overall pick to the Niners for picks 31 and 34 (via KC). The niners are supposedly looking to trade up in the draft given that they have 13 picks in the draft. They trade to 13 to jump Carolina and pick Sheldon Richardson, who they plan on plugging in as a 3-4 DE, eventually replacing Justin Smith.

Round 1, Pick 31 (via SF)- Jonathan Cyprien, S, FIU-One of my favorite safety's in the draft, the Jets get much needed secondary help early. It's hard to say if he'll last this far, but given the recent hype of some safeties such as Swearinger and Reid, I think it's a definite possibility.

Round 2, Pick 34 (via SF via KC)-Deandre Hopkins, WR, Clemson-My favorite WR in the draft, Hopkins has stardom written all over him. He seemed to be a lock as a late first round pick a week ago, but given the hotel trashing incident, he just may slip. If he doesn't fall this far, Keenan Allen would also be a great option here.

Round 2, Pick 39-Justin Pugh, G/T, Syracuse-We get our offensive lineman. Pugh gets plugged in as a starter at guard on day 1. We also benefit from his versatility in case Howard gets hurt as we can always plug him into tackle and play Vlad at guard

Round 3, Pick 72- Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati-He can run, he can catch, he can block. Need I say more?

Round 4, Pick 82-Zac Dystert, QB, Miami of Ohio- According to report, the Jets like Dysert and he could be a strong fit in Marty's offense. They hope that they catch lightning in a bottle and see enough in Dysert to eliminate the need to go QB early next year.

Trade: Jets trade their 2014 4th to the Niners for pick 128. Now before people jump on me for trading future picks, hear me out. The Jets will most likely have four comp picks (one most likely being a 4th) in addition to the extra pick from the Revis trade. The Niners still have a plethora of picks (including a comp pick in the 4th)and know that they'll get more value out of the Jets pick next year. It's a win/win especially if the Jets get a position of need.

Round 4, Pick 128 (via SF)-Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State-Jets get more secondary help snagging McFadden at the end of the 4th. He provides much needed depth at corner.

Round 6, Pick 178-Kyle Juszczyk, FB/TE, Harvard-Kyle's a versatile guy that can play FB for us, but also play TE on run play and goal line as well. Much needed upgrade to Hilliard

Round 7, Pick 215-Lawrence Okoye, DT, England-Everyone in this forum has been mocking Lawrence to us and I feel that it just makes sense here. Rex loves defensive athletic freaks which Lawrence is. He's raw as hell, but could plug in nicely in 4-3 fronts as a DT or a backup at DE in a 3-4 front. Key word here: versatility.
mikejets22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely love it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best mock I have seen all offseason.

#TeamManfred
moham-17

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely one of my favorites so far, even if I don't like pooper... I mean Hopkins...
FrankJets

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most realistic and best mock here. I love the SF trade. Hopefully it happens
mikejets22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went over it again, and I really love it. If this is exactly the way the draft goes, I would be ecstatic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just working on a mock and had that same 49ers trade & us drafting the same player. Good draft

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Idzik4president

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it as well. I wouldnt be surprised if the jets drafted swearinger at 31. Swearinger is definetly gaining steam.

After this draft I could see our team in much better shape than before.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it quite a bit, my only doubt is that Hopkins makes it to the second. The Rams seem to love him if Austin doesn't make it to them(which i don't think he will).
Heymangold

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who doesn't like Mingo?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heymangold wrote:

I hope we don't get him but if we do I think he could be a great pass rusher. My concern is that he won't be able to stop the run
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heymangold wrote:

I don't like him either, but every keep posting him at number one. So I stopped commenting about it.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Heymangold wrote:

I don't like him either, but every keep posting him at number one. So I stopped commenting about it.
Even though it's my own mock, I don't like him either; just feel like that will be the pick
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in love.... this draft is perfect, in fact, its VERY similar to mine, which means you are obviously a genius!
jg6041

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow barnaby you really need to go work for the Jets. This draft is great. Realistic and you address a lot of our needs. I really don't like having yet another QB on the roster but you back up the pick perfectly, so I can live with it. Great Mock. Go call Idzik he could use you. Cool

Was it Colin Kaepernick?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: