Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My "You will all hate this but I love it" Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetsfan95

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: My "You will all hate this but I love it" Mock Reply with quote

The Jets have glaring needs at G, TE, OLB, and QB to just name a few. The main problem with this team is that we never had a stable offense this year. With this mock, we can lay the groundwork for a franchise QB in 2014.

1a. Chance Warmack OG
Comparison: Carl Nicks
1b. Johnathan Cooper OG
Comparison: Brandon Moore
Pick up the two best guards in the draft and make our line the best in football. We can hide whatever "quarterback" we want behind it. We also won't have to address this position for another ten years if they pan out.

TRADE 2nd, 2014 2nd, 7th to Saints for pick 15
1c. Tyler Eifert TE
Comparison: Jermichael Finley (but better)

Eifert gives us a complete TE that can block, run, and be a security blanket for years to come

3rd. Corey Lemonier OLB
Comparison: Cliff Avril

Played in the SEC so he's used to high level competition. Ran a 4.56 at 6' 4" 255 lbs, so there is room for him to bulk up and he's still dangerous off the edge.

4th. Sanders Commings CB
Comparison: Brandon Browner

Big guy that can play physical on the outside. Ran a 4.41 so he can catch up to the speedy guys, and can hang with the big guys at 6' 215 lbs. Perfect starter at corner this year, so Wilson can stay inside in the slot.

5th. Kenjon Barner RB
Comparison: David Wilson

Hoping he can last this long. Was a huge playmaker at Oregon who is quick on the outside, and has good hands for the WCO. Could start out as the 3rd down back, but will grow into a starter by years end.

6th. Sean Renfree QB
Comparison: Ryan Tennehill

Same coach as the Mannings, and has the most upside of all the QBs this year. He has above average arm strength to make all of the important throws, and stands in the pocket to find his receiver.

This mock makes us better for this year but also really helps us in the future. The line is set, we are set at corner, tight end is solid, and all the other needs I mentioned were acknowledged. If this happened then I wouldn't be so mad at Idzik.
jets81keller

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, don't have a problem with it to be honest, I would just change one thing, instead of getting Cooper, take Eifert there at 13 then draft Warford in the 2nd and have him and Colon battle it out for the other G position...I really like the QB from Duke...I think he could be a solid backup or even starter down the road, favorite mid round QB minus Dysert
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the players but we definitly aren't trading up even for Eifert. We can get Ertz in the second round.
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: My "You will all hate this but I love it" Mock Reply with quote

jetsfan95 wrote:

6th. Sean Renfree QB

Same coach as the Mannings, and has the most upside of all the QBs this year. He has above average arm strength to make all of the important throws, and stands in the pocket to find his receiver.

I hear you, but I don't know that he has the most upside of any QB in this draft. Guys like Geno and Manuel have so much more physical ability.

Renfree actually reminds me a bit of Pennington. Smart, accurate and below average arm strength but can throw his receivers open well enough.

- Cliff Burton
rampantjet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actually be happy with the first 2 picks.

Trading up at all much less for a TE wouldn't make me all that happy. I feel like this is a really deep TE draft and we can get a nice starter in the 3rd. Plus giving up 2014 picks is a terrible idea due to the fact that we will most likely want to move up next year in a very top heavy draft.
KBS756

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont like the TE trade up

I could stomach both Guards but I think it would actually be too much at the position ... if we had a QB in place or a pass rusher or safety I would be ok with double dipping.
jetsfan95

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: My "You will all hate this but I love it" Mock Reply with quote

Raoul Duke wrote:
jetsfan95 wrote:

6th. Sean Renfree QB

I hear you, but I don't know that he has the most upside of any QB in this draft. Guys like Geno and Manuel have so much more physical ability.

Renfree actually reminds me a bit of Pennington. Smart, accurate and below average arm strength but can throw his receivers open well enough.

I guess what I mean is the most upside by the round he was drafted. I know the other guys have more skill, I just think it's a safe pick with the biggest upside.
richie jets

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooper and warmack would be insane but its not gonna happen plus if they both reach potential i think the gm would have to let one walk by end of contract

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: