Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Ivory visited with Jets...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spanky3801 wrote:
In a dream world we could trade Ivory and our 4th for their 2nd.

There is not a chance the Jets would accept that.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
spanky3801 wrote:

you have to admit that trading draft positioning for Ivory is better than giving up picks when your short on them. Lets face it, of course the Jets wouldn't accept that deal but on the flip side your living in a dream world if you think that the Saints and a shrud GM like Loomis would let Ivory go for anything less than a 4th rounder.

So the question really is, if your GM really wants Ivory... would he rather give up a 4th round pick or slide back from pick 39 to 75, get Ivory and not surrender and draft selections.

It's easy to say "oh, no way would we accept that but on the flip side that's a 2 way street.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
green24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
green24 wrote:
spanky3801 wrote:

you have to admit that trading draft positioning for Ivory is better than giving up picks when your short on them. Lets face it, of course the Jets wouldn't accept that deal but on the flip side your living in a dream world if you think that the Saints and a shrud GM like Loomis would let Ivory go for anything less than a 4th rounder.

So the question really is, if your GM really wants Ivory... would he rather give up a 4th round pick or slide back from pick 39 to 75, get Ivory and not surrender and draft selections.

It's easy to say "oh, no way would we accept that but on the flip side that's a 2 way street.

I would much rather just give up a 4th. The difference between a 2nd and 4th is HUGE.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
green24 wrote:
spanky3801 wrote:

I would much rather just give up a 4th. The difference between a 2nd and 4th is HUGE.

Actually our 75th pick is our 3rd rounder...

I agree with you that Ivory and our 4th (109) up to the 39th pick is way to much of a gap. On the other hand, our 3rd rounder and Ivory might work. the difference between the 39th and 75th pick is about 290pts on the value chart which is a late 2nd round value.

Ivory was tenderd at a second round level so getting a 2nd round value for him even though we don't get a pick would be fair. On your end, you get Ivory at the cost of only sliding down from the 2nd to the 3rd without giving up any draft picks at all.

Combine that with the fact that Ivory is likely better than any RB in this class, I feel its a sweet deal for both parties. On the other hand, it's not a sure thing that Loomis would accept a 4th for him anyway.

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Jets are still considering a move for restricted free agent Chris Ivory.
Ivory visited the Jets last weekend, but not much has materialized since then. The deadline for teams to sign restricted free agents to offer sheets is Friday, but the Jets could still acquire Ivory via trade if he signs his tender or agrees to a new deal. The Saints are said to want no less than a fourth-rounder in return.

Jets still interested and Mickey sticking to his guns... Awesome! Hope Mickey pushes for a 3rd, accepts no less than a 4th but would allow Jets to keep their picks in exchange for draft positioning by allowing us to move up from 75 to 39.

taquarih

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
A team with as many defensive needs as us can't afford to keep 4 HBs, especially when Ivory can just walk next year, which he easily would if handed a starting job.

He could walk next year... he could also end up having a monster year this season for us. THe simple fact is you don't give away good players out of desperation and Ivory is a good player and trading him for anything less than what the Saints deem his value is giving him away.

Running backs don't have monster years with the Saints. No matter how much of a monster they are at the position.

also, Ivory gets injured about every 30 carries. He has lots of potential, but with Ingram being a 1st rounder, we will never let him out of the cage.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taquarih wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
A team with as many defensive needs as us can't afford to keep 4 HBs, especially when Ivory can just walk next year, which he easily would if handed a starting job.

He could walk next year... he could also end up having a monster year this season for us. THe simple fact is you don't give away good players out of desperation and Ivory is a good player and trading him for anything less than what the Saints deem his value is giving him away.

Running backs don't have monster years with the Saints. No matter how much of a monster they are at the position.

also, Ivory gets injured about every 30 carries. He has lots of potential, but with Ingram being a 1st rounder, we will never let him out of the cage.

Just a heads up, your sig and avatar are way too big. Please check out the signature and avatar rules and change them.

Thanks. Very Happy

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 23 receptions, 199 yards, 10 first downs, 1 TD - 3 rushes, 49 yards, 2 first downs
Corey White - 20 tackles, 1 fumble recovery
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we don't deal Ivory for ANYTHING less then a fourth. I'd actually prefer a 4th and a 7th, since we always do good in the late rounds, would be nice.

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

#FreeBrandonHarris

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan: 3 tackles, 3 passes defended
Joseph Morgan: Absolutely nothing
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Revis to Tampa deal basically done and the Jets now with a bevy of picks, does this make it more likely the Jets will meet Loomis's demands for Ivory?

domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
I'd actually prefer a 4th and a 7th, since we always do good in the late rounds, would be nice.

We haven't hit in round 7 since 2006.

2006:
Zach Strief - Starter
Marques Colston - Starter

2007:
Marvin Mitchell - Non-factor

2008:
Adrian Arrington - Given plenty of chances, never was anything more than temporary depth

2009:
None

2010:
Sean Canfield - Non-factor

2011:
Greg Romeus - Non-factor
Nate Bussey - Non-factor

2012:
Marcel Jones - Who knows.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 23 receptions, 199 yards, 10 first downs, 1 TD - 3 rushes, 49 yards, 2 first downs
Corey White - 20 tackles, 1 fumble recovery
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor is the Loomis felt disrespected by Jets low ball offer of a 6th round pick for Ivory and has now opened up Ivory to on the trade market... Browns, Broncos, Packers, Steelers & Jets all interested.

Stay tuned... It's getting real!

BIGxPAPPA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate that it looks like our best performing traditional RB is the one that has to leave. We are so close to the cap this year, and it will be worse next year, i just wish we could shed Ingram from the roster and we would have possibly the most versatile back field in the NFL.

It's hard to say who's the best RB on the team because they all have different strengths save Ingram but if I had to say who i preferred to see on the field most often:

1. Sproles
2. Thomas
3. Ivory

I love seeing that our team is made up of scrubbs that noone wanted in the draft or were drafted late, so i have a soft spot for guys like Thomas and Ivory but they have earned their way onto the team. They arn't any teams answer to a problem but they are complementary parts to a system. A system that, save last year, was succussful.

There are no guarentees in the draft so we can argue all we want about what pic would be better but we still need to nail the choise, which doesn't happen often enough. I think this trade, if it happens, needs to be made with the cap as the primary concern.

Brees has really screwed the team and bound them in ways we haven't deal with since Payton arrived. I dont know if he is worth it but i guess time will tell. I think about past superbowl winners and they dont often have a top 5 paid QB so its pretty telling that the whole team is going to suffer because of his...dare i say greed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: