Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DirtyJersey9ers last mock before the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: DirtyJersey9ers last mock before the draft. Reply with quote

Trade: 31+61+74+125 to the Jets for 13(basing this off recent rumors plus we still get at least a pick in rounds 1-4)

1. Sheldon Richardson, DE/DT Missouri: He has the skillset to be the heir apparent to Justin Smith and I don't see him lasting past Carolina so this is likely the spot we have to trade to so as to ensure that we have the right replacement for Cowboy. It may seem like a lot to trade for to get him but compared to what Atlanta gave up to get Julio Jones(6 total picks including 2 firsts) it's not that bad given we have 2 picks in each of rounds 2-4 to begin with.

2. Eric Reid, FS LSU: And with our first two picks in this draft we have replaced Goldson and drafted a future replacement for Justin Smith.

3. Travis Kelce, TE Cincinnati: And now we have not just a replacement for Delanie Walker but imo an upgrade.

4(comp). Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina: Another future replacement pick for when Gore is gone. He won't be able to play in 2013 it seems which is actually perfect for the 49ers RB situation. He wouldn't get a chance to do much this year anyway so it would be a blessing in disguise.

5. Khalid Holmes, C USC: Another future replacement this time for the Center position. Sensing a theme here? And it's a good theme seeing as really the team's only real holes aside from FS are DL and getting replacements for veteran players who are likely on their way out or close to retirement.

6. Zavier Gooden, OLB Missouri: One can never have too many rushers in a 3-4 and at this round isn't a bad investment. Either he is competition for Cam Johnson or is a PSquad stash.

6. Josh Boyce, WR TCU: Like Gooden either he pushes one of last year's picks or he is a PSquad stash for future use.

7. Steve Beauharnais, ILB Rutgers

7. Travis Bond, G, UNC

7(Comp). Earl Wolff, SS NC State

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can envision just such a trade up. Though I would prefer Star or Ziggy, I would not hate taking Sheldon instead. Just a matter of preference.
Not a fan of Eric Reid much...prefer Rambo, Amerson, Poyer, Phillip Thomas, DJ Swearinger, Johnthan Banks.
Kelce is good, again a matter of preference.
Not too keen on drafting Lattimore, particularly not this high. The 7th rounders I know nothing about but those between Lattimore and the 7th I like just fine.
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: DirtyJersey9ers last mock before the draft. Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Trade: 31+61+74+125 to the Jets for 13(basing this off recent rumors plus we still get at least a pick in rounds 1-4)

1. Sheldon Richardson, DE/DT Missouri: He has the skillset to be the heir apparent to Justin Smith and I don't see him lasting past Carolina so this is likely the spot we have to trade to so as to ensure that we have the right replacement for Cowboy. It may seem like a lot to trade for to get him but compared to what Atlanta gave up to get Julio Jones(6 total picks including 2 firsts) it's not that bad given we have 2 picks in each of rounds 2-4 to begin with.

2. Eric Reid, FS LSU: And with our first two picks in this draft we have replaced Goldson and drafted a future replacement for Justin Smith.

3. Travis Kelce, TE Cincinnati: And now we have not just a replacement for Delanie Walker but imo an upgrade.

4(comp). Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina: Another future replacement pick for when Gore is gone. He won't be able to play in 2013 it seems which is actually perfect for the 49ers RB situation. He wouldn't get a chance to do much this year anyway so it would be a blessing in disguise.

5. Khalid Holmes, C USC: Another future replacement this time for the Center position. Sensing a theme here? And it's a good theme seeing as really the team's only real holes aside from FS are DL and getting replacements for veteran players who are likely on their way out or close to retirement.

6. Zavier Gooden, OLB Missouri: One can never have too many rushers in a 3-4 and at this round isn't a bad investment. Either he is competition for Cam Johnson or is a PSquad stash.

6. Josh Boyce, WR TCU: Like Gooden either he pushes one of last year's picks or he is a PSquad stash for future use.

7. Steve Beauharnais, ILB Rutgers

7. Travis Bond, G, UNC

7(Comp). Earl Wolff, SS NC State

Its very hard for me to see us trading up that far in this draft. I could be wrong of course, but i think those picks have a greater value in this draft than the #13 pick. I like Richardson, though I've heard differing opinions on his fit with our defense. Others will have a much better understanding of that though than I would.

Otherwise, I agree that Reid is probably the safety choice, even though I hate it. Supposedly the Bengals really like him too, so I'm hoping that they will take him before we do, but it'll depend on how the board falls since I also see them looking for right tackle, additional linebacker and secondary wide receiver help. Just not a fan of Reid at all.

I love Kelce, but i think his stock is climbing; I don't know that he'll be availabe in the third any more. Lattimore in 4 I'm happy with, though I despise Holmes. There are several other offensive line and center prospects I'd prefer over him. If Gooden and Boyce are still available in the sixth, I'd be shocked, but I would love it if we got both of them there. The seventh round picks would mostly be camp fodder, but I'd be fascinated by the selection of Wolff, who I feel has a much better than 7th round talent base.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch... man, that's a lot of picks given to move up. Can not sit here and say I'd dislike the first 4 players you added for us though. Richardson and Reid would be a very good 1-2 punch. Kelce at the back end of rd 3 is really nice, and Lattmore at the back end of rd 4 can't be a bad thing either.

The next bunch are "meh" to me for one reason or another. I do like Gooden, but he would have to be an ILB for us. What makes you think rush LB?

Earl Wolff is probably gonna be gone by the end of the 5th, so getting him that late would be sweet.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Sheldon quite a bit, but if we're trading up that high I see it being for a true pass rusher be that Tank or Ziggy. Pressure was ultimately our achilles heal in the playoffs.
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SquadraOvest wrote:
I like Sheldon quite a bit, but if we're trading up that high I see it being for a true pass rusher be that Tank or Ziggy. Pressure was ultimately our achilles heal in the playoffs.

We heard after the fact that the 9ers were going for Bruce Irvin, who was about as pure a pass rusher as one could find last year. The trouble was, he went much higher than expected and we did not have the ammunition we do this time around to go and get the pass rusher we covet most. It will be interesting drama to watch...true reality television. Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: