Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Harrison signs with Bengals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@43: Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Stop bullying me!!! You are logically arguing my thoughts on a forum!!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't bother me, the Steelers know what James Harrison can and cannot do well, he'll be the easiest guy on their defense to exploit.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granted he'll only be playing within a limited scheme designed to match his strengths, and not be relied on as a starter, he should be pretty successful.

His starting days are over though. He doesn't have that much left in the tank.

I wish him well though, except when he plays the Steelers. He was awesome for us.

down but not out. I still believe!
3rivers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
treat88 wrote:
I hope they paid him big bucks. Both for his sake and for SBI sake.

I love the guy, but I dont think hes a great fit as a 43 SLB.

Kind of reminds of of Greg Lloyd going to the Panthers.

I still have commitment issues because of this...

please elaborate. Were you that PO'd at the front office when they let Lloyd go? I feel that way about how they treated Harrison.
3rivers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be a different game in the 4-3 but maybe Lewis will rush Harrison more than typical 4-3 OLB's. With their DL and 5 man pass rush could pose a threat to opposing teams. Their front 4 was quite good and add Harrison it could be different than with this 2 gap scheme here and zero pass rush from the DL most of the year Embarassed
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
treat88 wrote:

please elaborate. Were you that PO'd at the front office when they let Lloyd go? I feel that way about how they treated Harrison.

Treated Harrison?

Its a business, not a charity.

He was overpaid for what he currently offers and they had to make tough decision.

Stop acting like they mistreated him. If not for them putting up with him for years before he finally broke out, he wouldve been out of the league before he even had a chance to make it big.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
treat88

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
3rivers wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
treat88 wrote:

Treated Harrison?

Its a business, not a charity.

He was overpaid for what he currently offers and they had to make tough decision.

Stop acting like they mistreated him. If not for them putting up with him for years before he finally broke out, he wouldve been out of the league before he even had a chance to make it big.

I would hazard a guess that the offer they made to bring him back is far more than what he ended up signing for in Cinci.

Seems like they have been more than generous with him throughout his career.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
popie70

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
This doesn't bother me, the Steelers know what James Harrison can and cannot do well, he'll be the easiest guy on their defense to exploit.

I agree but you can go both ways. He knows the weaknesses of our o-line, RB and even out defense. I don't think he will contribute a ton but he could provide some info to the Bengals coaching staff.
thewadewilson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Don't let the door hit you on the way out, because I don't want [inappropriate/removed] prints on my new door"-Sums up my feelings on the matter.

Pittsburgh Steelers/Houston Texans Fan
Whiz Khalifa Black & Yellow/Slim Thug I'm From Houston Texas home of the Texans
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinncy may have gotten a gamebreaking deal for their "stopgap" Harrison cheap. I haven't seen many football players with JH's nerves. He's one of the hardest working and meaniest SOBs the NFL has seen in a while.

Generally and overall, I'm not excited with #92 lined over Mike Adams while protecting Ben's blindside for two games this year. When healthy, he still closes pockets like no others I've seen... Zimmer as the DC... The Bengals were already tough.
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbelan2343 wrote:
Cinncy may have gotten a gamebreaking deal for their "stopgap" Harrison cheap. I haven't seen many football players with JH's nerves. He's one of the hardest working and meaniest SOBs the NFL has seen in a while.

Generally and overall, I'm not excited with #92 lined over Mike Adams while protecting Ben's blindside for two games this year. When healthy, he still closes pockets like no others I've seen... Zimmer as the DC... The Bengals were already tough.

Really, because even when healthy last year, Harrison was kept in check without double teams in several games.

Harrison can help them, but you are seriously overestimating what he has left. His explosion isnt even remotely close to what it once was, and now he has to learn an entirely different defense, and it took him damn near 6 years to learn the Steelers D. He has also never once played 43 OLB.

Zimmer will find creative ways to use him, and Im sure he will help them, but he isnt a world beater anymore.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
bbelan2343 wrote:

Really, because even when healthy last year, Harrison was kept in check without double teams in several games.

Harrison can help them, but you are seriously overestimating what he has left. His explosion isnt even remotely close to what it once was, and now he has to learn an entirely different defense, and it took him damn near 6 years to learn the Steelers D. He has also never once played 43 OLB.

Zimmer will find creative ways to use him, and Im sure he will help them, but he isnt a world beater anymore.

Don't think he's a world beater, but I think he can extensively beat Mike Adams. Most notably in the running game.

I agree the same explosion just isn't there, but the bull rush and back side and LOS pursuit is very much still there... IMO.

Like you agreed, Zimmer will use him with creativity that most likely will apply to his strengths. And at this point of his career, learning that defense will be a lot more straightforward then learning the Steelers defense in his early years.

Let's go Pirates!!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This move doesn't scare me at all. It make sense for Cincy, they need all the help they can get to beat us. But for us, it doesn't scare me. Sure, he could really help Cincy take advantage of our weak tackles, but we could also very well make him look stupid.
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
This move doesn't scare me at all. It make sense for Cincy, they need all the help they can get to beat us. But for us, it doesn't scare me. Sure, he could really help Cincy take advantage of our weak tackles, but we could also very well make him look stupid.

Doesn't scare me, more just urks me that the Bengals received a blessing in stopgap in our former DPOY, risk free. Regardless if he's not going to play at the same level of 2 years ago, he's still one relentless and mean SOB.

Hopefully I'm wrong and JH completely blows this season.

Let's go Pirates!!
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I don't have a chip on my shoulder against the Steelers," Harrison said. "I don't hate the Steelers. All the things they're saying, that the media is blowing it up to be ... am I disappointed? Yeah, I'm disappointed. But when the negotiations first started, I basically knew the situation was going to be what it was going to be.

"I wish them the best, except for when we play. And I'm assuming they wish me the same, except when we play them."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9202801/cincinnati-bengals-make-james-harrison-addition-official

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: