Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Best Game to Attend this Season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Game Option
vs. Chicago Bears - September 22nd
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
vs. Baltimore Ravens - October 20th
81%
 81%  [ 9 ]
@ New England Patriots - November 3rd
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Other (which game?)
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things to remember and do when going to a game; research on both tailgating parties and fans.

Theoritically, if an opponent fan come to Heinz Field and their team win, our fans usually give a fair treatment so you want to be in best situation whether the outcome will be.

I'd hate to be at chicago, their fan poisoned one of our people AFTER Bears' win!

Boston fans are generally egoistic about their sports team, enough said.

I'd say Pittsburgh against Ravens because we'd get a shot at a Super Bowl Champion and rival.

One match-up you haven't mentioned; Pittsburgh vs Green Bay. If you are a true football fan, Lambeau field is definitely one place you want to go before you die. Their tailgating is pretty good and fans are a lot similar to Steelers'.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Things to remember and do when going to a game; research on both tailgating parties and fans.

Theoritically, if an opponent fan come to Heinz Field and their team win, our fans usually give a fair treatment so you want to be in best situation whether the outcome will be.

I'd hate to be at chicago, their fan poisoned one of our people AFTER Bears' win!

Boston fans are generally egoistic about their sports team, enough said.

I'd say Pittsburgh against Ravens because we'd get a shot at a Super Bowl Champion and rival.

One match-up you haven't mentioned; Pittsburgh vs Green Bay. If you are a true football fan, Lambeau field is definitely one place you want to go before you die. Their tailgating is pretty good and fans are a lot similar to Steelers'.

You cant judge an entire fanbase off of a couple bad fans.

I went to a Steeler game when I first got out of the military and there were a few guys harrassing some Browns fans in the stands. We told them to shut the hell up, and then they wanted to fight, but security kicked them out of the game. If those Browns fans based their experience purely on those idiots, they would think every Steeler fan is like that.

Its not about entire fanbases....its just the misfortune of running into idiots...and every fanbase has them, including ours.

You may go to a game in New York and hate it one time, but then have a completely different experience the next.

The only place I would never want to go as a Steelers fan is Philly. My cousin went to medical school there and was harassed anytime he wore another teams jersey or hat outside. Philly is full of morons and alot of their fans are downright nasty to fans of outside teams. Most people in Philly arent bad, but in a city that size, Id say about 1 out of every 5 people is an idiot there.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course not. Some people just are that wary, I'm not. I deal with heckers all the time, and considering my size sometime I just enjoy the look on their faces when I'm walking toward them.

Generally speaking, you want to be assured that when you walk into a stadium, you'll havea good time even if it can't be guaranteed.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Of course not. Some people just are that wary, I'm not. I deal with heckers all the time, and considering my size sometime I just enjoy the look on their faces when I'm walking toward them.

Generally speaking, you want to be assured that when you walk into a stadium, you'll havea good time even if it can't be guaranteed.

Ive been to several games including 5 or 6 away games, and honestly, Ive had more trouble with fellow Steeler fans than opposing teams fans.

There was only one time I had an issue with opposing teams fans, and it was pretty minor.

3 or 4 times me and my friends had some altercations with fellow Steelers fans, who were usually drunk.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And 43M, easy with the knee-jerking reactions every time somebody got lazy with usage of words.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
And 43M, easy with the knee-jerking reactions every time somebody got lazy with usage of words.

Its not a knee jerk reaction when you openly admit to being lazy with your comment.

Its not my job to assume you mean something differently than what you say.

Your comment about the Bears fans sounded just like you were saying "dont go there, because one Bears fan poisoned a Steeler fan".

Thats what I commented on.

If that isnt what you meant, its your own fault for not making it clearer.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for the Ravens game. My second choice would be the primetime Bengals game with Harrison returning.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: