Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Jake Locker Still Your Guy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OwNaGe wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
No. He didn't show me much last season. My guy is wishing for a job in FA. Bring back the real #10! Or give Rusty a shot.

I so hope that was sarcasm.

I never joke when speaking about the champ. Nor should you.

APRIL FOOLS!! Right?? Confused

Jake Locker > VY Cool

Sorry Charlie, but Locker still has yet to prove that. You can love him or hate him and say what you want about him, but VY was clutch. He didn't put up pretty stats, but when we needed the win, VY came through...usually. We've yet to see Locker do it. It's just a shame that Vince was immature and tried to get by on his athleticism alone.
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince Young's last 18 starts with us:

3,134 yards, 20 TD's, 10 INT's, 59% completion percentage, 7.6 yards per attempt, 12-6 record.

Is there a single person that wouldn't take that line from Jake this year? Obviously higher yardage total would be nice, but the YPA is still significantly higher than Jake's last year.

I'm not even trying to praise VY here, but it was his immaturity here that sent him packing, he was a significantly better passer by the time he left.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were also putting up more PPG than anyone else by the time he played his (hopefully not!! Wink ) last game for us...or at least we were right up near the top.

We were so good in the beginning of the 2010 season. I think we started 5-2 or something and we just looked TOUGH.

Then Vince hits his thumb on a lineman's helmet while completing a beautiful bomb to Nate against the Redskins and the whole season goes down the toilet.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what... I'm sold!!

While we're at it, those guys at Enron were putting up some great numbers too and making some serious cash for themselves (winning!!). Maybe we should bring some of those associates to run the franchise too.

Lets not take personal integrity into who we bring in to the franchise... lets just surround ourselves with "winners"!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't think he's our guy. I certainly hope he proves me wrong so we don't have to worry about getting a QB for the next 10+ years, but I think we'll be asking the same questions next offseason and that means it will be time to move on.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
TitanMan30

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a diehard Texas Longhorn fan. I think Vince Young was maybe the best college quarterback that I've ever watched play. Anybody that still thinks anything good about him is crazy. He quit on everybody involved with the titans organization. Vince's best quality in college was his worst in the NFL. Play under pressure. Anyways. I'm a full believer in Jake Locker. Jake is very raw and tries way too hard to make plays. But the one thing he will never do is quit on the titans. That Green Bay tape proves it. We were getting pwned and Jake took us down the field and score a touchdown at the end of the game. Sure it was meaningless but it taught me a lot about his character. When adversity hits like it will in big games in the NFL, Jake is not afraid and will be there for us. The titans have not protected their franchise qb like other smart organizations do. I love how alot of you guys want to bury him already. He's never going to be super accurate. He probably wont have a 30 or 40 td season on his resume. But he has a toughness and a chip on his shoulder that scouts drool over for when they look for qbs. Ive always said this when it comes to drafting quarterbacks. If I was a gm I would realize theres a good chance the qb I draft might be a bust. So if I'm going to fail with a guy I want it be a guy I dont mind failing with. It sounds strange Im sure. But its a sound thought process. Jake possesses elite talent, hes a born leader, and most of all hes a great person. The titans were lucky to get him with the 8th pick. Be patient with him. He carried a terrible Washington team. And now hes been asked to carry a terrible titans team. Its easy to pick up on his flaws. Look at his positives. The guy played with a separated non throwing shoulder for most of the season and never once used that as an excuse. Thats somebody I dont mind failing with.
ClarkKent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locker is a mediocre scrub and perpetual backup in the league. Not worth wasting time over, unless you want 4-12, 5-11, 6-10 seasons. He does not have superstar ability.
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClarkKent wrote:
Locker is a mediocre scrub and perpetual backup in the league. Not worth wasting time over, unless you want 4-12, 5-11, 6-10 seasons. He does not have superstar ability.

This being Jake's first off season as our bona fide starter and getting all the reps with 1st string, combined with a fully healed shoulder, plus the upgrades along our offensive line in FA/draft...we shall see.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
You know what... I'm sold!!

While we're at it, those guys at Enron were putting up some great numbers too and making some serious cash for themselves (winning!!). Maybe we should bring some of those associates to run the franchise too.

Lets not take personal integrity into who we bring in to the franchise... lets just surround ourselves with "winners"!!

Now THAT'S the spirit!!! That's the kind of stuff I like to see. We need winners at all cost. Personal integrity is way too overrated.
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope he is. This is a make or break year and I'm really hoping he can improve and show us more of the glimpses he shown during his rookie season. This team would be FAR better off being able to build around Jake and fix the other problems that there are. We have seen just this past weekend, our FO is capable of drafting and picking up key players to help support the build of our team and it would just be so much easier to do without having to worry about who your QB is going to be.
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClarkKent wrote:

He was thought to be potentially top-pick-of-the-draft-worthy the year before he entered the draft, when he decided to stay in college. Then, he had a down year and was still viewed as a first round talent, although most thought we took him too high. My point is how are you convinced he has no superstar ability after such a short time in the NFL? He did play much of last year injured.

They say opinions given without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. But I'm hoping you have something more to back it up. I'd feel the same way if someone was convinced that Locker was an elite QB...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
ClarkKent wrote:

He was thought to be potentially top-pick-of-the-draft-worthy the year before he entered the draft, when he decided to stay in college. Then, he had a down year and was still viewed as a first round talent, although most thought we took him too high. My point is how are you convinced he has no superstar ability after such a short time in the NFL? He did play much of last year injured.

They say opinions given without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. But I'm hoping you have something more to back it up. I'd feel the same way if someone was convinced that Locker was an elite QB...

In Sports Illustrated, in their pre-draft magazine(in 2011), there was an NFL scout who said he wouldn't have gone that high even if he did come out his junior year, as he said the flaws that were in his game his senior season were evident in his junior film as well. He said the only reason it wasn't recognized by the TV analysts is because it was before they looked at the tape in-depth.

Not that I'm arguing Jake wasn't a first round talent or that he's gonna be horrible, just figured I would add that.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day, it was a risky pick due to his well documented accuracy issues among other things however, Locker was one of the first players drafted to try and give this organisation a new identity. He may not be as talented as Young was and his ceiling may not be as high (though that is still yet to be seen), however, he is a hard working individual who is a million miles away from the Prima Donna the likes of Young (who by the way I defended for years) was and no where near the trouble the likes of Adam Jones was to the franchise. The Front office have since further added players willing to work hard to succeed.

Now working hard doesn't always convert to success but it has a much better chance than not willing to put the effort in. Locker has the tools to succeed and hopefully he does because he seems to be a likable individual who you want to have success. He's showed glimpses but has been too inconsistent and has had injury issues and therefore the jury is still out.

This year with the weapons available to him and a full off-season practicing and feeling healthy there are no excuses. I for one sure hope he succeeds and leads this team to a good solid season!

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: