Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dallas Mock drafts!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Runaway Jim


Joined: 13 Mar 2009
Posts: 4915
Location: By This River
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot about that... Here's an update:

Trade the Jaguars our 1st for their 2nd and 3rd.
Trade the Seahawks our 5th and our 2014 4th for their 4th.
Trade the 49ers our 2014 6th for their 7th

2a. Eric Reid, FS, LSU
2b. Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas Pine Bluff
3a. Brian Schwenke, C, California
3b. Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State
4a. Bennie Logan, DT, LSU
4b. Gerald Hodges, LB, Penn State
6. Stansly Maponga, DE, TCU
7. Michael Williams, TE, Alabama
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeorgiaBoy367


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 4881
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Baixis wrote:
ziggy19 wrote:
trade down with the 49ers and get their 1rst and 2nd rd pick.

Dallas 31 *Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M
49 *Eric Reid FS LSU
63 Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State
82 *Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State
116 David Quessenberry OT San Jose State
153 *Bennie Logan DT LSU
187 Zach Line FB SMU


Sorry Ziggy, but this is the worst mock ever. Only ONE OL, and not until #116?!?! Logan at #153?! He SHOULD be long gone by then. WR in the 3rd?!?! No idea how you expect Romo to him the ball when he's constantly on his butt or running for his life.


I really need people to get their heads out of the sand and realize that if your drafted late (especially on the line, either offense or defense) doesn't mean you suck. Quick name me the top 3 OGs in the NFL. And then list what round they were drafted.

While I have no problem with drafting one early - not drafting one early in such a deep draft isn't cause for stepping out onto the ledge.


Hilarious response based on our luck drafting offensive lineman late. Should I go down the list of failed offensive lineman that we have drafted in late rounds??? Even with a new cast of characters doing the drafting who's to say we have any better luck? The fact that in the current NFL the tops 3 guards were drafted in the late rounds means nothing, its a statistical anomaly that basically points out that not only do we not have a clue which lineman to draft but either does anybody else.

Also why is it when a draft has no big stars coming out everyone immediately says its a deep draft.... The draft isn't deeper it just has no high end prospects so everyone looks better. Its like a grading curve when some clown scores a 99 on the test the rest of us clowns at 85 look like clowns. Remove that top person from the grading curve and magically 85 is now the line of achievement. Don't fool yourself this draft is not very talented. There are some solid players in it but it's not a DEEP draft as you would like us to see it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 25127
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgiaBoy367 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Baixis wrote:
ziggy19 wrote:
trade down with the 49ers and get their 1rst and 2nd rd pick.

Dallas 31 *Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M
49 *Eric Reid FS LSU
63 Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State
82 *Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State
116 David Quessenberry OT San Jose State
153 *Bennie Logan DT LSU
187 Zach Line FB SMU


Sorry Ziggy, but this is the worst mock ever. Only ONE OL, and not until #116?!?! Logan at #153?! He SHOULD be long gone by then. WR in the 3rd?!?! No idea how you expect Romo to him the ball when he's constantly on his butt or running for his life.


I really need people to get their heads out of the sand and realize that if your drafted late (especially on the line, either offense or defense) doesn't mean you suck. Quick name me the top 3 OGs in the NFL. And then list what round they were drafted.

While I have no problem with drafting one early - not drafting one early in such a deep draft isn't cause for stepping out onto the ledge.


Hilarious response based on our luck drafting offensive lineman late. Should I go down the list of failed offensive lineman that we have drafted in late rounds??? Even with a new cast of characters doing the drafting who's to say we have any better luck? The fact that in the current NFL the tops 3 guards were drafted in the late rounds means nothing, its a statistical anomaly that basically points out that not only do we not have a clue which lineman to draft but either does anybody else.

Also why is it when a draft has no big stars coming out everyone immediately says its a deep draft.... The draft isn't deeper it just has no high end prospects so everyone looks better. Its like a grading curve when some clown scores a 99 on the test the rest of us clowns at 85 look like clowns. Remove that top person from the grading curve and magically 85 is now the line of achievement. Don't fool yourself this draft is not very talented. There are some solid players in it but it's not a DEEP draft as you would like us to see it.


It's not a statistical anomaly. Throughout the years late round Lineman had yielded top results. That is in no way saying I don't want a 1st round OL (Cooper), but what I am saying it is very narrow minded to cast the dye on the draft prematurely because a lineman wasn't selected when the peanut gallery here demands it.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Slamman


Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Posts: 13729
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
GeorgiaBoy367 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Baixis wrote:
ziggy19 wrote:
trade down with the 49ers and get their 1rst and 2nd rd pick.

Dallas 31 *Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M
49 *Eric Reid FS LSU
63 Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State
82 *Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State
116 David Quessenberry OT San Jose State
153 *Bennie Logan DT LSU
187 Zach Line FB SMU


Sorry Ziggy, but this is the worst mock ever. Only ONE OL, and not until #116?!?! Logan at #153?! He SHOULD be long gone by then. WR in the 3rd?!?! No idea how you expect Romo to him the ball when he's constantly on his butt or running for his life.


I really need people to get their heads out of the sand and realize that if your drafted late (especially on the line, either offense or defense) doesn't mean you suck. Quick name me the top 3 OGs in the NFL. And then list what round they were drafted.

While I have no problem with drafting one early - not drafting one early in such a deep draft isn't cause for stepping out onto the ledge.


Hilarious response based on our luck drafting offensive lineman late. Should I go down the list of failed offensive lineman that we have drafted in late rounds??? Even with a new cast of characters doing the drafting who's to say we have any better luck? The fact that in the current NFL the tops 3 guards were drafted in the late rounds means nothing, its a statistical anomaly that basically points out that not only do we not have a clue which lineman to draft but either does anybody else.

Also why is it when a draft has no big stars coming out everyone immediately says its a deep draft.... The draft isn't deeper it just has no high end prospects so everyone looks better. Its like a grading curve when some clown scores a 99 on the test the rest of us clowns at 85 look like clowns. Remove that top person from the grading curve and magically 85 is now the line of achievement. Don't fool yourself this draft is not very talented. There are some solid players in it but it's not a DEEP draft as you would like us to see it.


It's not a statistical anomaly. Throughout the years late round Lineman had yielded top results. That is in no way saying I don't want a 1st round OL (Cooper), but what I am saying it is very narrow minded to cast the dye on the draft prematurely because a lineman wasn't selected when the peanut gallery here demands it.


I've got to side with GB on this one. It would be one thing is the Boys had a history of drafting good linemen in the later rounds. Unfortunately, we don't. If you look at the linemen Jerry drafted that were actually decent, they were all drafted early...

Larry Allen- second round
Flozell Adams- second round
Andre Gurode- second round
Tyron Smith- first round

Other than those guys... the serious contributors were FAs.

Sadly, the best OL that was drafted beyond the second round was Doug Free who over the past 2 years has been in the running for both the worst left tackle and worst right tackle in the NFL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 25127
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
I've got to side with GB on this one. It would be one thing is the Boys had a history of drafting good linemen in the later rounds. Unfortunately, we don't. If you look at the linemen Jerry drafted that were actually decent, they were all drafted early...

Larry Allen- second round
Flozell Adams- second round
Andre Gurode- second round
Tyron Smith- first round

Other than those guys... the serious contributors were FAs.

Sadly, the best OL that was drafted beyond the second round was Doug Free who over the past 2 years has been in the running for both the worst left tackle and worst right tackle in the NFL.


In this regard I agree with NYFTBs (boy, you don't hear that often) the past isn't always a good predictor of the future. How many people here swore up and down that Jerry would never allow a OL to be drafted in the first? And yet it was so.

I will always argue for the five best fit as oppose to the five best guys on the line - and anyone who has ever played in the trenches understands why. I want us to draft a guard early. That said, this draft is so deep I would be happy with tons of different OGs from Long, to Warford, to Pugh, to Bailey, hell even Watford. All slated to go after the first (and some as late as 3rd day).

This draft is tailor made for our biggest needs. So long as it's addressed - and they don't force themselves reaching - I will be happy. Especially since I am still a major proponent of 3 years.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group