Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I think wR will be the pick at 14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
BringinDaPain wrote:
I believe if we are unable to trade down, we will pick one of the players below. I think with the Revis trade Rhodes will fall to us. Vaccaro and Patterson will be there at our pick too. Really like Patterson and what he could bring to the table but I don't think the FO will pass on a CB like Rhodes.

1) Xavier Rhodes
2) Kenny Vaccaro
3)Cordarrelle Patterson

So it may be Rhodes and Norman as our CB tandem for years to come.

I doubt we take a CB in round 1, Gettleman has not given any sign of looking at that position in round 1, especially in FA.

I think it ultimately depends on what happens in front of us. Ultimately, I don't think we take a CB in the first, but if Patterson and Vacarro are taken ahead of us we might lean towards Rhodes as the pick based on BPA. One thing that could help us is if Geno Smith gets taken ahead of us.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the move the bucs did in free agency (Goldson), drafting Barron last year and with the trade for Revis, we must give weapons to Cam in the passing option so either Austin or Patterson must be the pick
89 06 MVP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Franck8666 wrote:
With all the move the bucs did in free agency (Goldson), drafting Barron last year and with the trade for Revis, we must give weapons to Cam in the passing option so either Austin or Patterson must be the pick

That added some nice weapons but when you look at the Bucs they have zero pass rush & Do you trust Freeman ? No, I feel if we use our two back system like we suppose too we can wear them down. & any other defense in the NFC South. Gettleman need to stay to course & don't make decisions base off what one team did.
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drafting for need gets you in trouble, drafting based on moves made by other teams makes for a disaster.
Franck8666

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I try to say is that our division is 2 high powered offense with a 3rd team who try to be a shutdown defense. At 14, both Patterson and Austin are really good value (in my eyes) to put our offense over the top with Smith, Austin or Patterson, Tolbert, Deangelo and/or Stewart and Cam. This draft lack top end talent but had a lot of depth, so we can draft a DT or CB who can impact our defense in the second round because of that depth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: