Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which draft would you rather have?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan51790

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Which draft would you rather have? Reply with quote

DRAFT 1

Rd 1. Jarvis Jones OLB
Rd 2. Arthur Bown OLB
Rd 3. DJ Swearinger S
Rd 4. Aaron Dobson WR
Rd 5. Reid Fragel OT
Rd 6. Knile Davis RB
Rd 6. Ace Sanders WR
Rd 7. Travis Howard CB

DRAFT 2

Rd 1. Cordarrelle Patterson WR
Rd 2. Kevin Minter MLB
Rd 3. LeVeon Bell RB
Rd 4. John Simon OLB
Rd 5. Josh Evans S
Rd 6. Millicah Goodman DE
Rd 6. Omoregie Uzzie G
Rd 7. Alec Lemon WR

I personally would pick #2 but wouldnt mind either one.
Steelers22

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like both of them but absolutely love the first one

props to dawg24
gatek99

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Which draft would you rather have? Reply with quote

Dan51790 wrote:
DRAFT 1

Rd 1. Jarvis Jones OLB
Rd 2. Arthur Bown OLB
Rd 3. DJ Swearinger S
Rd 4. Aaron Dobson WR
Rd 5. Reid Fragel OT
Rd 6. Knile Davis RB
Rd 6. Ace Sanders WR
Rd 7. Travis Howard CB

DRAFT 2

Rd 1. Cordarrelle Patterson WR
Rd 2. Kevin Minter MLB
Rd 3. LeVeon Bell RB
Rd 4. John Simon OLB
Rd 5. Josh Evans S
Rd 6. Millicah Goodman DE
Rd 6. Omoregie Uzzie G
Rd 7. Alec Lemon WR

I personally would pick #2 but wouldnt mind either one.

Probably #2, however I am not sold on either, But I like Patterson, Bell, and Simon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First one, definitely.

Second one is nice too, but...Le'veon Bell. Twisted Evil
Dan51790

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
First one, definitely.

What don't you like about Bell? Plus what RB would you like the Steelers to draft?
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

43 is a PSU fan who hates the Spartans!!
Dan51790

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
43 is a PSU fan who hates the Spartans!!

O lol I'm a B1G TEN guy too but I'm an OSU fan.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like #2, myself. Love Patterson. Like Goodman, Bell, and Minter. Simon, Evans, Uzzie, and Lemon are fine.

I like the 1st one too, and am in the camp that thinks that Jones will succeed in the NFL, despite his workout numbers. But I just really like Patterson. Probably will will give myself the "facepalm" when he doesn't pan out, but he's an amazing talent, raw, but amazing.

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan51790 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
First one, definitely.

What don't you like about Bell? Plus what RB would you like the Steelers to draft?

I dont hate Bell, but I keep seeing him mocked to us in the third. I wouldnt waste a top 100 pick on the guy.

Bell is an tall, upright runner. I pretty much never like them as NFL players. They may be decent, but they rarely ever do much and tend to get injured easier.

In terms of pure skillset, I dont see what brings to the table that Dwyer and Redman already dont.

There arent many RBs I want in the draft to be honest, but if we draft one, Id hope its someone who can bring something different to our offense. Jonathan Franklin would be nice, but Im not huge on him either. Marcus Lattimore has crazy talent, but its hard to say where he goes. Honestly wouldnt be shocked if he went before our 2nd round pick.

I'd honestly prefer not to draft a RB and just sign Ahmad Bradshaw in FA. Then, next offseason, reevaluate the need. Next years RB class cant be worse than this one,
Dan51790

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Dan51790 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
First one, definitely.

I dont hate Bell, but I keep seeing him mocked to us in the third. I wouldnt waste a top 100 pick on the guy.

Bell is an tall, upright runner. I pretty much never like them as NFL players. They may be decent, but they rarely ever do much and tend to get injured easier.

In terms of pure skillset, I dont see what brings to the table that Dwyer and Redman already dont.

There arent many RBs I want in the draft to be honest, but if we draft one, Id hope its someone who can bring something different to our offense. Jonathan Franklin would be nice, but Im not huge on him either. Marcus Lattimore has crazy talent, but its hard to say where he goes. Honestly wouldnt be shocked if he went before our 2nd round pick.

I'd honestly prefer not to draft a RB and just sign Ahmad Bradshaw in FA. Then, next offseason, reevaluate the need. Next years RB class cant be worse than this one,

I'd personally like to see them sign Bradshaw. But if not we need to find a consistent 1000yd back that I don't see on this roster right now. We need to take pressure of the passing game which lost a big part with Wallace leaving. Plus who knows when Heath Miller will be back off that knee injury.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan51790 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Dan51790 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
First one, definitely.

I'd personally like to see them sign Bradshaw. But if not we need to find a consistent 1000yd back that I don't see on this roster right now. We need to take pressure of the passing game which lost a big part with Wallace leaving. Plus who knows when Heath Miller will be back off that knee injury.

I dont think we need 1000 yard back. We just need a more consistent running game....I dont care if its a 3 RB system where each back has 600-700 yards.

And if that was the case, I dont think Bell is that guy either.

In fact, there arent many guys in this draft I think can be that, which is why I dont want to waste a pick on one.
95lloyd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Agree completely, where Lattimore is picked is one of the more interesting dynamics of the draft for me. If he's still there when we pick in the 3rd I hope we pull the trigger myself.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree with 43 about signing Bradshaw and getting one next year. In fact, I think Redman and Dwyer will prove to be better this year. I do think they're fine as long as Adams and Decastro are starting and Pouncey is more consistent. They aren't the most talented backs obviously, but if the line blocks well, I have no doubt they could be 100 yard runners. Before, we had to compensate a bad line with a decent RB, now with a stronger oline, we don't need that workhorse as much. Would be nice, but not crucial.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First one and it's not even close.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: