Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tampa Bay Buccaneers favorites to land CB Darrelle Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
xenajets wrote:
green24 wrote:
xenajets wrote:
If its all about the money I don't understand how a team like TB can compete with us. Being from England maybe you can educate me but over here if a star player is playing for a team in the big markets, ManUtd, Chelsea etc then the money on endorsements and sponsorships out way the salary by a huge margin. If the difference per year is $2-3million I can't believe how being a star player in New York wouldn't generate more money than in the small market of TB where they never sell-out like we do!!

Maybe I'm just bing bitter but I can't believe that we are trading our best player away.....

It's not like Revis is choosing the Bucs over the Jets. We are choosing to trade him and Tampa Bay was one of the few teams that could meet his price demands.

I get that Revis wants to stay but if he took less money to stay with us which he has NEVER said he will do would he not get the difference back via endorsements and sponsorships??

Also if this was the case then Idsik clearly thinks he can do more with the draft picks.....

Except the GM never once attempted to even contact Revis or his agent. There was no attempt to sign him at all.

Again that is probably partially Woody saying he won't pay him. I don't blame Idzik for what has gone on this off season he was forced into a tough spot and didn't fold under the pressure of "the jets would be lucky to get a second round pick for Revis"
green24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@StevieJohnson13
Season ain't goin to be the same w/o the battles with my guy @Revis24 twice a year. See you this season with the buccs. Congrats. #respect

MP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shooter McGavin ‏@ShooterMcGavin
BREAKING: With Revis likely gone, the Jets are going to move Tebow to corner. They like his ability at keeping the ball away from receivers.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MP wrote:
BREAKING: With Revis likely gone, the Jets are going to move Tebow to corner. They like his ability at keeping the ball away from receivers.

hahaha
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MP wrote:

Nothing like Tebow humor to lighten the mood. Well done sir.
MP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all seriousness though, with the 9th and 13th draft pick we can really take this team in any direction we want now. We can add two premier defenders, create the best offensive line in football, add two dynamic WR's or anything we want. Granted I think we will go one and one with these picks, it's nice to know that we have a ton of ways to play this one out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Quote:
@StevieJohnson13
Season ain't goin to be the same w/o the battles with my guy @Revis24 twice a year. See you this season with the buccs. Congrats. #respect

Too true, those were some great battles.

Oh well, I'll still be pulling for Revis (so long as he doesn't crap too much on the Jets once he's gone) except when he plays us and the Panthers.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RichCimini
This would mark first time since 2000 that a team has two picks in the top 13. #Jets had 12, 13 that year -- Ellis, Abraham (Keyshawn trade)

moham-17

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Quote:
@RichCimini
This would mark first time since 2000 that a team has two picks in the top 13. #Jets had 12, 13 that year -- Ellis, Abraham (Keyshawn trade)

And look how that worked out...

I'm having alot of mixed emotions right now... I don't even know what way is up tbh.
Calibucsfan

xenajets wrote:
If its all about the money I don't understand how a team like TB can compete with us. Being from England maybe you can educate me but over here if a star player is playing for a team in the big markets, ManUtd, Chelsea etc then the money on endorsements and sponsorships out way the salary by a huge margin. If the difference per year is $2-3million I can't believe how being a star player in New York wouldn't generate more money than in the small market of TB where they never sell-out like we do!!

Maybe I'm just bing bitter but I can't believe that we are trading our best player away.....

Because in the NFL we have a salary cap meaning every team is only allowed to spend so much. And Tampa has A LOT of cap. If this was like soccer or baseball where the market of the team determined how much they could spend, all the big name players would be in Dallas,Denver, and Pittsburgh

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Jetsfandan423

green24 wrote:
Quote:
@RichCimini

And we traded Key to the Bucs, eery.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
xenajets

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
xenajets wrote:

Because in the NFL we have a salary cap meaning every team is only allowed to spend so much. And Tampa has A LOT of cap. If this was like soccer or baseball where the market of the team determined how much they could spend, all the big name players would be in Dallas,Denver, and Pittsburgh

Endorsements/Sponsorships aren't included in any cap hits so. Don't get your point. Obviously TB have a lot of cap room this year but will they really give him $18m a year. If so then good luck to them.....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
xenajets wrote:

Endorsements/Sponsorships aren't included in any cap hits so. Don't get your point. Obviously TB have a lot of cap room this year but will they really give him $18m a year. If so then good luck to them.....

No way Revis is going to make 4M or more in endorsement revenue just from just being in NY. MAYBE if he started his career in TB, but he's already a superstar and a household name. Going to TB isn't going to reduce his endorsements a penny. In fact, he'll obviously keep what he's got nationally and probably pick up some local as well. So there is no way he's going to "make up" that amount of money.

Revis knows he was the best CB in football, if not the best defensive player in football, and he wanted to be paid as such. His ego and his agents irked Woody for too long and to be honest, if I was Woody, I wouldn't pay a CB 15+ million a year either. Getting these picks will be good for us. I wish him well.
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's done.

https://twitter.com/schwartzfeinsod/status/326071228924305409

I'll miss him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=521075

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53
Page 53 of 53

Jump to: