Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs and OT Branden Albert are working on extension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
Quote:
Mike Jurecki @mikejurecki Hearing #Dolphins & Brandon Albert are negotiating a new contract. Dolphins would send one of their two second rounders to #Chiefs.

https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=mikejurecki&tw_i=325676233495031810&tw_p=tweetembed

Seems like a good deal for the Dolphins, and if the Chiefs like Joeckel, this certainly makes sense for them to move Albert and gain a 2nd rd pick.
chiefs82

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
Quote:
Mike Jurecki @mikejurecki Hearing #Dolphins & Brandon Albert are negotiating a new contract. Dolphins would send one of their two second rounders to #Chiefs.

https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=mikejurecki&tw_i=325676233495031810&tw_p=tweetembed

Seems like a good deal for the Dolphins, and if the Chiefs like Joeckel, this certainly makes sense for them to move Albert and gain a 2nd rd pick.

There's a story floating around, according to tony Pauline that majority of Chiefs coaches prefer Fisher.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:59/Sacks:17/FF:13/FR:0
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC please go Luke. I'd hate him in Philly.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
Quote:

There's a story floating around, according to tony Pauline that majority of Chiefs coaches prefer Fisher.

Did not know that. That would certainly make the draft interesting.
chiefs82

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Sources tell me several position coaches for the Kansas City Chiefs prefer tackle Eric Fisher over Luke Joeckel....

https://mobile.twitter.com/TonyPauline/status/325656523286134784

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:59/Sacks:17/FF:13/FR:0
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Sources tell me several position coaches for the Kansas City Chiefs prefer tackle Eric Fisher over Luke Joeckel....

https://mobile.twitter.com/TonyPauline/status/325656523286134784

I prefer Fisher largely because of the upside, but Joeckel is getting unfairly dumped on in this forum, he is getting the inverse of the Chance Warmack treatment.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Dolphins move for Albert, this could have a serious affect on teams like Oakland and Cleveland who were hoping team's would move up and take one of the other 2 OT's.

Now the Dolphins can stay put and select the BPA as opposed to having to trade a boat load of picks to move into the Top 6.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola Status: Being Severely Underutilised
patman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
patman wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
So having a sure fire starter at LT for the next five years is better then a 2nd round pick who could essentially bust? I don't know too many good LT's that use minimum cap space.
If you're a GM who doesn't trust his own ability to make draft picks, and high draft picks at that, then you should get out of the game.

Trading away valuable draft picks for the aura of stability that comes with giving big-money contracts for 'proven' players is generally not how winning teams are built.

Maybe it's not something you should do as a habit, but once, to fill a specific need, when you already have a surplus of picks? One of the advantages of having lots of picks is that you can take chances and take advantages of such opportunities without sacrificing the future. A starting LT + 4 picks in the top 82 is doing alright. It's certainly no worse off than trading up into the top 5-7 to get one of the Ts there, which will cost a first AND second AND possibly a later pick, and the money difference at that slot and position of the draft is not all that great, either.

What do you mean a surplus of picks? LT is not the fins only need. They traded away some valuable pieces. If I was the fins I would sign McKinnie
even if he is not a great fit as a one year deal, and then trade up slightly for Menelik Watson or stay for Armstead. They spent quite a bit of money already in FA and if they keep doing so it will handicap them in the future as Brady ages.

The Dolphins are due to have 20+ million in cap space next off-season....and that is with Make Wallace's big cap hit/ Ireland may not be a great GM, but he is very good with the cap.

Why McKinnie....he had a few good games in the play-offs and was pretty bad the rest of the season. Albert is an upgrade and the only sure thing that can be had for a 2nd rounder.

Holes? OL and CB.....every other position group is pretty solid....so LT and 4 picks should be enough to address those holes.

Why Mckinnie? because I thought he was the only LT out there that could start and play next year on a one year deal while Armstead or Watson developed. This way that 20 mill of supposed cap room can benefit the team. 20mill is not a lot of money, when Starks and Solai still need to be that is 1/2 of it right there Albert would probably have a hit of 7-8 mill his 2nd year - throw in the rookies and that 20 goes pretty fast.

I took issue with the statement a "surplus of picks" a surplus means more than needed.

I see the needs of the fins as another rb, A "real" TE similar to Fasano.
an upgrade to jones at safety and a tackle and a guard.

Brandon Alpert is well worth a 2nd rd pick and if you can sign him for what Long or Bushrod got, great. I was just looking at it from a position of try to maintain cap flexibility.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
If the Dolphins move for Albert, this could have a serious affect on teams like Oakland and Cleveland who were hoping team's would move up and take one of the other 2 OT's.

Now the Dolphins can stay put and select the BPA as opposed to having to trade a boat load of picks to move into the Top 6.

No team is going to trade up into the top 6 to draft a LT. That would be unheard of.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

No team is going to trade up into the top 6 to draft a LT. That would be unheard of.

PHI, DET, ARI, SD, MIA, NO could all be in the market for a LT and are in the Top half of the 1st Round.

Miami also has 2 2nd's and 2 3rd's so a trade is much more tangible for MIA than most teams. Also, with LT a pretty big hole (hence trading for Albert) and the Top 3 at that position being LONG GONE before MIA pick at 12, it would make a lot of sense.

TomRalph

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patman wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
patman wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
So having a sure fire starter at LT for the next five years is better then a 2nd round pick who could essentially bust? I don't know too many good LT's that use minimum cap space.
If you're a GM who doesn't trust his own ability to make draft picks, and high draft picks at that, then you should get out of the game.

Trading away valuable draft picks for the aura of stability that comes with giving big-money contracts for 'proven' players is generally not how winning teams are built.

Maybe it's not something you should do as a habit, but once, to fill a specific need, when you already have a surplus of picks? One of the advantages of having lots of picks is that you can take chances and take advantages of such opportunities without sacrificing the future. A starting LT + 4 picks in the top 82 is doing alright. It's certainly no worse off than trading up into the top 5-7 to get one of the Ts there, which will cost a first AND second AND possibly a later pick, and the money difference at that slot and position of the draft is not all that great, either.

What do you mean a surplus of picks? LT is not the fins only need. They traded away some valuable pieces. If I was the fins I would sign McKinnie
even if he is not a great fit as a one year deal, and then trade up slightly for Menelik Watson or stay for Armstead. They spent quite a bit of money already in FA and if they keep doing so it will handicap them in the future as Brady ages.

The Dolphins are due to have 20+ million in cap space next off-season....and that is with Make Wallace's big cap hit/ Ireland may not be a great GM, but he is very good with the cap.

Why McKinnie....he had a few good games in the play-offs and was pretty bad the rest of the season. Albert is an upgrade and the only sure thing that can be had for a 2nd rounder.

Holes? OL and CB.....every other position group is pretty solid....so LT and 4 picks should be enough to address those holes.

Why Mckinnie? because I thought he was the only LT out there that could start and play next year on a one year deal while Armstead or Watson developed. This way that 20 mill of supposed cap room can benefit the team. 20mill is not a lot of money, when Starks and Solai still need to be that is 1/2 of it right there Albert would probably have a hit of 7-8 mill his 2nd year - throw in the rookies and that 20 goes pretty fast.

I took issue with the statement a "surplus of picks" a surplus means more than needed.

Brandon Alpert is well worth a 2nd rd pick and if you can sign him for what Long or Bushrod got, great. I was just looking at it from a position of try to maintain cap flexibility.

Reshad Jones? RESHAD JONES?!

You mean the guy who is probably the most criminally underrated Safety in the NFL and probably Top 5 at his position?

Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:

I prefer Fisher largely because of the upside, but Joeckel is getting unfairly dumped on in this forum, he is getting the inverse of the Chance Warmack treatment.

It's because Fisher acts like a beast on the field and Joeckel doesn't.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

I remember Jason Smith acting like a beast on the field 3-4 years ago. Turned out to bust. Don't think Fisher will and I do prefer him over Joeckel by a small margin but Joeckel is getting unfairly duped on this forum for whatever reason. Joeckel consistently shut down elite college pass rushers last season.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

I remember Jason Smith acting like a beast on the field 3-4 years ago. Turned out to bust. Don't think Fisher will and I do prefer him over Joeckel by a small margin but Joeckel is getting unfairly duped on this forum for whatever reason. Joeckel consistently shut down elite college pass rushers last season.

Only difference is Fisher plays like a beast in run blocking.

Joeckel looked average against the elite talent in the SEC. Floyd whooped him repeatedly, and he was bad against Bama. Plus
Deets

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
patman wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
patman wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
bears2308 wrote:

Reshad Jones? RESHAD JONES?!

You mean the guy who is probably the most criminally underrated Safety in the NFL and probably Top 5 at his position?

Hes not even that underrated, most people know all about him at this point. Clemons could be upgraded upon though at safety, hes solid but unspectacular.

FF Member #67

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 13 of 24

Jump to: