Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints restricted RB, Chris Ivory visited Jets on Friday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
footballboss24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jets traded a first round pick for doug joley LOL

but with ivory you may catch lightning in a bottle, ill take the sure thing player who has proven it over a rookie long shot in 5-7

Please bring in ivory!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballboss24 wrote:

Not that this isn't still really bad, but the Jets trade in 2005 valued Doug Jolley at around an early 3rd round pick. The Jets moved back from the first round to the Raiders' 2nd rounder in that deal, not just giving up the first.

Still, Terry Bradway has the dubious honor of being the only GM to actually be taken advantage of by senile Al Davis.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We traded up last year in the 2nd giving up a 5th so

trade back in the 1st grab and additional 2 and 6 or 3 and 5, move back in the 2nd for a 5th and trade a 5th for Ivory and you still got

1- from trade back 1
2- from trade back 1
2- from trade back 2
3- original
4- original
5- from trade back 2
6- original
6- from trade back 1
7- original

or

1- from trade back 1
2- from trade back 2
3- original
3- from trade back 1
4- original
5- from trade back 1
5- from trade back 2
6- original
7- original

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
footballboss24 wrote:

Not that this isn't still really bad, but the Jets trade in 2005 valued Doug Jolley at around an early 3rd round pick. The Jets moved back from the first round to the Raiders' 2nd rounder in that deal, not just giving up the first.

Still, Terry Bradway has the dubious honor of being the only GM to actually be taken advantage of by senile Al Davis.

Side note, I went to the draft in 06, which was the first time they had it at RCMH I think, and he was one of the announcers for the second or third round pick, and EVERYBODY in the place let him have it with the boo birds, it wasn't even just the Jets fans haha.

I hope we can make this deal for Ivory. He is worth a 4th-5th rounder, but no higher than that IMO. He would be the perfect complement to Goodson. I like Powell, he is a solid all around RB. And we still have McKnight, who if we keep, can still return kicks and should be able to line up at WR or other different spots if the team uses him.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Davey wrote:
footballboss24 wrote:

Side note, I went to the draft in 06, which was the first time they had it at RCMH I think, and he was one of the announcers for the second or third round pick, and EVERYBODY in the place let him have it with the boo birds, it wasn't even just the Jets fans haha.

I hope we can make this deal for Ivory. He is worth a 4th-5th rounder, but no higher than that IMO. He would be the perfect complement to Goodson. I like Powell, he is a solid all around RB. And we still have McKnight, who if we keep, can still return kicks and should be able to line up at WR or other different spots if the team uses him.

I'd rather trade Powell and a 6th for Ivory... I doubt that NO will do it, but we don't need Powell if we are trading for Ivory.

Then we can draft Zac Stacy/Christine Michael. I think MM/Idzik arent a very big fan of Powell (first major acts Idzik does is sign Goodson and try and trade for Ivory)
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Davey wrote:
footballboss24 wrote:

I'd rather trade Powell and a 6th for Ivory... I doubt that NO will do it, but we don't need Powell if we are trading for Ivory.

Then we can draft Zac Stacy/Christine Michael. I think MM/Idzik arent a very big fan of Powell (first major acts Idzik does is sign Goodson and try and trade for Ivory)

If we do trade for Ivory, I just don't see why we would draft a RB, unless the value was just too good in the later rounds. If we get Ivory then we would have 4 RBs, doubt we would add another via the draft unless we do trade McKnight or Powell.

I think we do need Powell, he is the best all around runner we have. We know Goodson is all about speed, and Ivory is a power back. Powell can run and catch, and he may not be a super star but he showed last season he can be an integral part of the depth chart. And since Ivory is injury prone anyway, it would help to keep someone with Powell's skillset.

Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we're in a mexican standoff. Laughing Idzik won't budge from a 5th, and Loomis won't budge from a 4th.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Looks like we're in a mexican standoff. Laughing Idzik won't budge from a 5th, and Loomis won't budge from a 4th.

id rather just draft a rb in the 5th round... NO has much more incentive to trade than we do... it's not like the jets couldnt find great rb talent in the draft while NO has a huge logjam at RB (i think they shouldve gotten rid of pierre thomas)
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

id rather just draft a rb in the 5th round... NO has much more incentive to trade than we do... it's not like the jets couldnt find great rb talent in the draft while NO has a huge logjam at RB (i think they shouldve gotten rid of pierre thomas)

As a Saints fan, I agree. Obviously Ivory has more tread on the tires then Pierre, and is better from what we've seen. Also, Ivory may be 26 but considering how under-utilized he has been I doubt he will decline after 30. Around 32 if you ask me, so you can get 6 good years out of a RB for a 4th rounder, one who is better then every RB in this draft. I'd take it.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@AlbertBreer: If Jets' haul for Revis is a 1, a 3 and a 5, buzz is that NY could then flip the 5 to the Saints for RB Chris Ivory

it makes sense.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
@AlbertBreer: If Jets' haul for Revis is a 1, a 3 and a 5, buzz is that NY could then flip the 5 to the Saints for RB Chris Ivory

it makes sense.

Just posted that in the Revis thread. Laughing

Yes it does. Laughing
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:

it makes sense.

Yes it does. Laughing

Would be fair value for a underutilized RB with injury concerns.

quietjetsket

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:

it makes sense.

Yes it does. Laughing

If it is actually 5th for him then sure. After 4th, nobody guarantees to be on 53 squad.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:

it makes sense.

Yes it does. Laughing

If it is actually 5th for him then sure. After 4th, nobody guarantees to be on 53 squad.

Exactly. Plus he also has had problems fumbling too. I hope we don't go higher than a 5th for Ivory.

rampantjet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:

it makes sense.

Yes it does. Laughing

I also hope we don't go higher than a 5th, but he hasn't fumbled since 2010. That was his rookie year, tons of guys come out as rookies and are thinking to much about other things and not handling the ball properly.

Exactly. Plus he also has had problems fumbling too. I hope we don't go higher than a 5th for Ivory.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: