Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez underwent off-season surgery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez underwent off-season surgery Reply with quote

Quote:
#Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez underwent shoulder surgery this offseason, I'm told, likely knocking him out of OTAs and mini-camp this spring.

http://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/324117972404801536

Quote:
The likelihood is that Aaron Hernandez will be ready to go for training camp, two sources tell me. Unclear when the injury happened, tho

http://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/324119985767186432

Hits just keep on coming... good thing we gave Fells that bonus right? Mad Brick wall

***Update***
Quote:
Word is that Hernandez can expect about a four-month recovery period.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4742386/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-pats-151
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
TomRalph

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Woods in the 1st. Simples.

Gutted about Hernandez, this means TB is going to be throwing to a less than 100% pair of TE's and a brand new WR (Amendola) and a bunch of scrubs and/or Rookies.

I'm worried.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Times Tom Brady has actively ignored throwing to Number 80: All the time
jofos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:

Gutted about Hernandez, this means TB is going to be throwing to a less than 100% pair of TE's and a brand new WR (Amendola) and a bunch of scrubs and/or Rookies.

I'm worried.

First of all we don't no what the surgery was and the time table to heal. Gronk may or may not have surgery. So both TEs could be 100%. Brady had a pretty good year noce when he had three new WRs one that was a cast off by the raiders and on that had been cut by the chargers once upon a time. Brady will be fine. If Gronk has an issue in July and Hernadez gets injured in TC then I'm gonna be a lttle worried, but I want players that are going to be productive and healthy in the post season.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:

I'm worried.

I like Woods, but they can probably trade down and get him and pick up a third.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:

I'm worried.

Reche Caldwell, Ben Watson, Kevin Faulk, Troy Brown, Doug Gabriel.

We made the 2006 AFCCG (and were thisclose to the Super Bowl) with that distinguished crew as our top five receiving options. I'm not worried about Tom.

Deadpulse on the sig
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

I'm worried.

We made the 2006 AFCCG (and were thisclose to the Super Bowl) with that distinguished crew as our top five receiving options. I'm not worried about Tom.

...Seymour, Warren, Samuel, Harrison.

Team polarity switched, the O needs to carry the D these days. We need more than 21 points to win. If any two of Gronk/Hernandez/Amendola miss significant time...I doubt the team wins more than 10 games.

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 11 Yards: 116 TDs: 2
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

I'm worried.

Team polarity switched, the O needs to carry the D these days. We need more than 21 points to win. If any two of Gronk/Hernandez/Amendola miss significant time...I doubt the team wins more than 10 games.

Granted. But Tom Brady won us several games that season on his own, and the defense was what ultimately cost them a shot at the title. Bottom line, I'm still not worried about a Tom Brady led offense given his track record with much less talented surrounding casts in the past.

Deadpulse on the sig
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

I'm worried.

Granted. But Tom Brady won us several games that season on his own, and the defense was what ultimately cost them a shot at the title. Bottom line, I'm still not worried about a Tom Brady led offense given his track record with much less talented surrounding casts in the past.

I agree that the offense will be good as long Brady is here and the o-line is decent. Still the turnover at WR and relative fragility of the best pass-catchers makes me nervous.

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 11 Yards: 116 TDs: 2
_Oypus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, good.

I remember when Gronk and Hernandez were indisputably the best thing ever. Brick wall
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't this news earlier this year? I could have swore I had heard this before.

Mack on the sig
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Word is that Hernandez can expect about a four-month recovery period.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4742386/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-pats-151
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: