Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Yet another mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
popie70

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Yet another mock Reply with quote

Alright guys here is my 1st mock. Wanted to wait until after the pro days to see how things looked

1st: Tank Carradine: I admit to sipping the Kool aid on this one. After hearing about how he did at his pro day and how his rehab is going I'm all for picking him. My biggest concern is that he won't be available at our pick now.

Alternate Pick: Jarvis Jones

2nd: Robert Woods: I know that we need a bigger guy to compliment Brown and Sanders but I think this guy would be a steal and is being undervalued.

3rd: DJ Swearinger: I really like this guy. He plays a little out of control sometimes but I think he with some coaching he could be a weapon against the new breed of TE.

4th: Aaron Dobson: Double dip at WR. Seems like a guy who has a ton of potential but is very inconsistent. If he levels out his play he could cement our WR corp.

5th: Kevin Reddick: A guy who isn't talked about a ton but could be a real steal and our replacement for Foote.

6th: Ryan Otten: A developmental TE. I know some people want to find a replacement for Heath (at least until he's healthy) but I think this is not a critical need.

6th: Ace Sanders: A smaller WR/RB type that Haley really seems to like to have around.

7th: Knile Davis: Guy with a lot of talent but injuries and other issues really cause him to drop.

Wish I could have picked up a RB sooner but wanted to try and get quality players. My values might be a little off (especially with the the Woods pick). Go ahead and rip it up fellas!
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admittly I don't know much about Tank Carradine but my question about him is why does it seem like he's rising with ACL being torn and I haven't heard anything about him until sudden popping of his name on here? Saw his numers, sure does seem interesting and athletic enough to play 3-4 OLB but isn't he like, a project?

Please let me know!
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't view him as a project. I question his ability to get the edge at the next level. He has power and uses his hands well. High motor. He's a good football player, but I don't see him as a great pass rusher at the next level. I think he is a 2nd rounder, though he may get over-drafted in the 1st.

I may be crazy, but I view him as a guy who could bulk up and play 3-4 DE. I think he'll be an above average 4-3 DE, where he's likely to play.

What I find interesting with is they play him off the line a lot. Meaning, he's behind everyone else on the line. He's slow off the snap, and FSU compensated by tipping their hand on stunts and when he rushes inside.

He looks a little pudgy to me, so there's a chance if he drops weight and gets in the right shape at the next level he'll prove me wrong. I don't think FSU has the best conditioning, personally. That may explain his lack of explosiveness.

I could see him being a Justin Smith type.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!

Cause at first glimpse, he looked like Goodman, other 3-4 olb prospect from Clemson who's projected between 3rd and 4th rounds.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar players in my book, though Goodman is a bit leaner and longer looking. Narrower lower body. I don't view either as 3-4 OLB's, personally.
gatek99

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already have a developmental TE in David Paulsen who got significant playing time and Tomlin seems to like him very much.

I think we will get a play maker early or we will not get a TE at all in the draft

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Similar players in my book, though Goodman is a bit leaner and longer looking. Narrower lower body. I don't view either as 3-4 OLB's, personally.

His drill numbers were very similar to Woodley's when he was coming out and that is being 2 inches taller and 10 lbs heavier. I like the way he uses his hands against blockers and his motor. It's hard to tell what is going to be there @ 17 but I would take him over a lot of the other pass rushers.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it all except; Tank Carradine in round 1. I feel that's a pretty big reach. I'd rather go Jarvis Jones or Eifert there

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodley consistently took the edge. Almost every damn snap in college. Against everyone. You can compare numbers all you want (I don't even believe full workout numbers are out on Carridine), but they aren't the same. Woodley was more explosive.

I don't think he busts, but I think he will be miscast in his career. Again, the caveat is conditioning. I don't see elite explosiveness there for a top end pass rusher.

Justin Smith was LUCKY a 3-4 team signed him after the Bengals. He was a top pick prior who was put in the wrong defense. I don't think Carridine is high on the Steelers draft list. He's a guy best suited as an interior pass rusher.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: